Traveling Abroad for a Facelift

I traveled abroad to have my facelift and eyelift...

I traveled abroad to have my facelift and eyelift done and have been post-op for three months now. I am very happy with the whole process and especially liked the live-in atmosphere at the clinic and the camaraderie with the other patients.

The surgery itself went smoothly and I was out of it for much of that day. I awoke to the pain from hell and when I felt my face it was all puffed up. I could hardly feel a person under there! When I looked in the mirror for the first time I was also bruised everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE); I didn’t look in the mirror much after that!

Saying all that, I am very confident in the clinic and was treated like royalty. Coming from a first world country I think I was surprised at how I was treated, but then my money was really valued there too I suppose. I lived in the clinic for a few weeks and was given everything I needed, including ice packs, baths and little luxury things I requested. They also had beauty days that were wonderful, and it was great to see all of the other girls living there healing alongside me and getting better day-by-day.

You have to be confident to have surgery abroad. I don’t personally think it’s any worse than paying for a private surgeon in your home country but some people will tell you differently. The price difference will surprise you every time though, I guarantee! I never would have gotten all of this work done at home for what I paid to take a luxury, pampered vacation.