Traveling Abroad for a Facelift

I traveled abroad to have my facelift and eyelift...

I traveled abroad to have my facelift and eyelift done and have been post-op for three months now. I am very happy with the whole process and especially liked the live-in atmosphere at the clinic and the camaraderie with the other patients.

The surgery itself went smoothly and I was out of it for much of that day. I awoke to the pain from hell and when I felt my face it was all puffed up. I could hardly feel a person under there! When I looked in the mirror for the first time I was also bruised everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE); I didn’t look in the mirror much after that!

Saying all that, I am very confident in the clinic and was treated like royalty. Coming from a first world country I think I was surprised at how I was treated, but then my money was really valued there too I suppose. I lived in the clinic for a few weeks and was given everything I needed, including ice packs, baths and little luxury things I requested. They also had beauty days that were wonderful, and it was great to see all of the other girls living there healing alongside me and getting better day-by-day.

You have to be confident to have surgery abroad. I don’t personally think it’s any worse than paying for a private surgeon in your home country but some people will tell you differently. The price difference will surprise you every time though, I guarantee! I never would have gotten all of this work done at home for what I paid to take a luxury, pampered vacation.

do you have the name of the dr in bolivia?
phuket international hospital.dr.rushapol.p.x

The concept of “plastic surgery trip” was for me and my family a real MAGIIIC solution because we all did tremendous savings by going to south america;; of course we all know that the price should never be the most important in selecting your surgeon (or the place where to go) but when significant cost savings can be realized without sacrificing quality or safety it’s THE magic solution!
I had a tummy tuck and liposuction done in Bolivia for $2,700 and my mother went four months later to Bolivia for a complete facelift, and she paid $2,900 for her procedure. Both prices included the procedure + Stay at clinic + Stay at hotel for 10 days + bilingual assistant + transportation, more…more more and more... it’s when you compare with the cost in the united states.
Originally, my mother planned to go there for a tummy tuck, liposuction and breast lift. The company we went through quoted my mother’ plastic surgery package $7,500! She really wanted to have these surgeries done because my surgeon had done a great job on me,,but when she met the surgeon he said ‘What you really need is a facelift.’ Then she saw a photo of herself taken a few months earlier and realized he was right. She looked tired and older than 60 years. Today she loves the results of her facelift and browlift. She looks fresher, younger and feels much, much better and she can't believe how much better she feels about herself when she looks in the mirror. The healing process took longer than we thought, but the results are worth it,,, she still wants the other procedures but she is glad she started with the face.
I know that seeking cosmetic surgery in a foreign country is extremely intimidating and many people are afraid to go abroad because they think that if something is cheaper then it must be of lower quality!!, but this is simply not the case. Latin America is famous for its high quality in plastic surgery, and many physicians there have US, European or Brazilian training or board certification.
Our experience in latin america was nothing but an amazingly positive experience and we are completely satisfied with our results. I hope my testimonial will help anyone who choose to go abroad for a plastic surgery.
Good luck

Would you send me the Names/contact info of your doc in Bolivia please?
Thanks,
Caren
Can u email me in information of where to go?
Thx
Would you please share the name of the clinic and contact person? thanks
Did you find the name of the Dr. in Dallas, Texas?
Yeah it is scary. I'm sorry that happened to you. I've been checking this out too, looking into Thialand and such. Thanks for the warnings. In Google, I typed in cheapest state in america to have a face lift. A map appeared. I checked all of the pin points and the cheapest with the best review was in Dallas, Texas. The person didn't give the name of the doctor. I wrote asking her the name of the docter. She had a complete face lift including the neck and eyes for $6,000.00. Just thought I'd mention that. Diana

HiLola, I wrote to you at lo*****@gmail.com and the email it won't go through. It says the recepient info is wrong. Do you have another email or is this incorrect? My Dr was Amorn Poomee.

How did you pick this particular surgeon?
I had tummy lipo and a breast lift/implants on Aug 31st. at rosenstock clinic, and went to the Ranch for recovery. I used Med Journeys. Lipo is not that easy. I did loose inches in my waist, however the recovery is longer then expected. My breasts are great. No trouble at all. I was able to go hiking the next day after surgery. And in my third week I did Bikram yoga which I love and is making my body back to normal. Rosenstock is very quick to respond to my questions and emails and they are very nice. I would use them again. I am beginning to start my 6 weeks, and there is still some numbness in my sides, and a small rope around my tummy, but is getting better everyday!
I had my facelift 2 months ago in Bangkok. I had mid-face and neck only, not my forehead. My Dr used to work in California & is still Board Certified here. I spent 2 days & nights in the hospital (part of the fee), which was great. I don't know how anyone could come home on the same day as surgery. The only bruising I ever got was a titch of yellow color, not bad at all. I was out to dinner 5 days later with friends and no one could tell I had surgery except my girlfriend who knew. I would highly recommend this Dr.

Hi Canyongirl, I am considering doing the same thing you did and I would really appreciated if you can tell me the name of your Doctor in Bangkok? My e mail address is: lola**********@gmail .com. Thank you very much.

Why doesn't anyone say who their doctors were? Can you please tell me who your doctor was since you had such a great experience? Also, are you real happy with the results from the surgery? Do you feel you look a lot younger? Thanks, Diana
Hi! What a wonderful site this is, lots of information from helpful posters. I'm going to go to Costa Rica next April for a face lift, I think. I would appreciate any Dr and hospital names and places you stayed that anyone wants to share. This is pretty scary for me, going out of the country, but I don't believe I'll ever be able to afford it here in the U.S. Thanks for any help and information you can give.
Hi - can I ask why you chose Costa Rica?
Hello please could you tell me if you have had any work done by Dr Litner and Dr Solieman at profiles in beverly hills.
I had face/eye/neck lifts done in Costa Rica mid Sept. I'm fairly content with the results, although 3 women I met while staying at a recovery ranch, have all had major problems which have been costing them a lot to have repaired in the US. I feel lucky that things turned out well for me, but feel badly for these other women. I'm not pointing negative fingers at Dr. Araya since I don't know if it was his fault, the hospital care fault, or where I met them at the recovery ranch (due to lack of proper nursing care or cleanliness). The clinic I went to was state of the art. Only slight negative was that I had selected one doc and when I got there, a different doc met me and as far as I know, performed the surgery. Luckily I knew someone else whose eyes he had done about 10 yrs ago and they looked good. The other thing is that they are getting used to people coming to them from the US, so after the surgery you feel a bit like you're just a number -- not a lot of interaction. Or maybe that was just because I had the right attitude and was as content as I could be, before leaving Costa Rica? I'd like to hear from other people if they've used either Doc I've been referring to please.
hi Tricia,i am rather concerned about my aquaintance who went to {edited} as i,m hearing absolutely nothing dispite several emails. i personally would be wary of companies and individuals who offer services for plastic surgery. if you google CR recovery retreats,they all offer collection from airport ,and for travel to and from doctors appointments,usually free of charge. its advisable to stay at a retreat for a few days and then move to a hotel. i stayed 3 weeks in total,and booked a 'shuttle bus' for my return to the airport,it was cheap and on time to the minute.completely stress free. Editor note: To make or request doctor recommendations, please visit our Doctor Recommendation Forums.
SECRETS! I got a warning email from RealSelf today (see what they edited out in my post above). They told me that IF I WANT SOMEONE TO SEND ME A PRIVATE EMAIL OF INFORMATION THAT REALSELF WON'T POST--ALL I HAVE TO DO IS CLICK ON THEIR NAME!!! (I clicked on Trekker)
hello djb,i was wondering about Thailand, i,m reserching Dr Kunachak in Bangkok. www.laser-surgery-bangkok.com he looks promising.?
Hi Secrets, don't forget to let us know how your friend did with {edited} in CR., and any other information you find that looks promising. I will also let everyone here know what I find that is good. I have been finding agencies that arrange clients for doctors abroad. I've bookmarked many, but none say if the transportation is included, and I don't understand THEIR price for the "packages". I thought that a company arranges everything for the client and doctors abroad. How would I do it without a company? I came here to find out what company is the best. Does anyone reading this know? Editor note: You must be contacted privately to receive the information you requested. Other registered users may privately contact you by clicking on your username, provided that you have opted to receive private messages (Select “My settings” to update your preference).
Hi I can recommend dr.rushapol in phuket international hospital thailand.fantastic surgeon and amazing hospital sooooo clean and modern no bugs here.ms.p.
I'm so sorry what happened to you. I hope someone will tell us the best place to go to get surgery.
Hi I like you am looking for a good place to go abroad for a face lift. In part its the money but as my son is a doctor i want him to see his options outside the US as our medical/health system is so messed up. Doctors squeezed between malpractice insurance and hospitals run as businesses have to create new paths of autonomy. I rather trust a doctor than a bottom line ...human values beat out the corporate . Anyway, I am thinking Thailand and will soon post to surface design at wordpress.com after i gather info. I am taking "my son the doctor" with me for my security and his education. We can organize this material a lot better if we pool and share all the info we can get.