Getting my Implants Removed After 1 Year of Having Them - Towson, MD

So let me start by telling you my story. My name...

So let me start by telling you my story.
My name is Lauren and I am 21 years old. I decided to get breast implants less than a year ago because I have very small boobies! I was always self-conscious and never happy with myself. I rocked an A cup before surgery and after surgery I turned out to be a DDD!
THE GOOD: I love the look and size of my boobies. I'm 5'8 and the size I got is perfect for my body. I'm athletic but still have thighs and a butt, so it balanced me nicely. They are nice to show off and I look great in shirts and bikinis!
THE BAD: I am still almost completely numb on the left side of my left and right boob. My nipples also barely have any sensation left and hurt all the time. When I lay down, my boobs just don't feel right. I don't feel like myself with these foreign objects in my body. These implants just aren't for me.

I don't regret getting my boobs done, because I didn't know I would have this numbness problem.. so either way I would have gotten implants at some point. I think this is a learning experience for me. Implants just aren't for me. I don't feel like myself anymore. I just want my old boobies back. I don't care about size anymore. Getting these big fake boobs made me realize how much I took my natural body for granted.

My question for ladies who are in the same boat or have already had implants removed: will the feeling return to my boobs? Will the numbness go away? Will I feel like myself again? Will this be the best decision I could have made?

I would really appreciate some feedback and encouragement from you ladies!

Doc appt. scheduled for Monday and removal surgery date set for Aug. 12th!

So I called my doctors office and they want to see me before the explant surgery. I'm going in Monday for him to see me and make sure everything is well before the surgery.
My doctor is very accommodating and all he wants is for me to be happy, but I can't help but think he might hate me after wanting to get my implants removed after 1 year! He did an amazing job with my implants and they couldn't look better!- they are just not for me sadly. Anyway, thanks for listening to me- I will keep you guys updated!

Today's the day!

Today's the day I'm getting my implants out!!! I'm so excited yet so nervous!!!!! My appt is around 11am and it's approaching quickly! Hope it all goes well for me! Wish me luck ladies!

Implants are out!

So I just got my implants out and what a weird feeling this is! It went well, I was just scared because of the needles and the noises I was hearing lol! Anyway, I looked down at my boobs and almost cried. They look like flattened, saggy pancakes and they are even smaller then what I had before my implants. I'm happy to have them out, but I want the old me back. Will they bounce back at all???

Feeling depressed..

Every day I do feel a very tiny bit better about myself and my boobs, but they are just so different. My boobs right now are smaller, flatter, and sagger then they were before I had implants. I just have no hope. I fear my boobs won't be the same size they were and that I will never fit into a normal bra. I'm so flat right now and I just can't get over it. Will they get better? Will I ever feel better?

Almost 3 weeks post op- mixed emotions

*I will be posting pictures later today*
Anyways, it's almost 3 weeks post op and I do feel really good and optimistic about the healing process! My boobs are looking fluffier and better each day and I feel like myself again! They are still soft and a bit saggy, but I think only time will heal that. The body is amazing and I'm confident that my boobs will bounce back. The only thing I'm a little depressed about right now is that I still don't have much sensation on parts of my boobs and nipples. Also, I do not fit correctly in regular bras. I don't know how or why, but all I can wear are sport bras right now. I think it may be because they are too soft and all the boob is at the bottom- I guess they haven't fully "fluffed" yet. But other than those few issues, I feel great and look great and am super happy with the decision I made!

Almost a month post op! PICTURES!

Okay so I'm almost a month post op and I want to show you my progress pictures. I'm getting happier each day! There is still very little upper pole fullness, but I just have to be patient and let time do the work. I've learned such a huge lesson on this journey and that's just a part of life. I'm so much happier without big fake implants!!!
Lutherville Plastic Surgeon

Excellent doctor. Amazing staff. Made me feel like a human being. Very friendly and accommodating. They always want me to be happy

you look beautiful before AND after! As long as you're happy that's all that matters! I do have a question, what size and type of implants did you have before and did dr. Basner put them in for you?
You look great! So glad to be free? I can't wait to join you!
You look great - as if you never damaged them with those silly toxic bags. You are very fortunate to have youth on your side and that you wised up and did not have them IN for very long. Congrats!
You look amazing !!! My surgery is the 16th! I have to be put under though, because Dr is removing part of the capsules and I have to have drains! eeeek. Congrats:) So happy for ya girl!
Thank you so much! Good luck on your surgery!!!
You look awesome!! & that's only after a month! Gives me hope :) So happy for you!
Thank you so much!
forgot to mention... patience is key. I had my ups and downs but I feel it took a full year to see the true results after the explant.
Well a year is worth waiting if it means been implant free and not having the worry
You look like you lost 20 lbs - very lean, athletic and beautiful without the implants. Life is about learning from our mistakes. Good for you for making the choice to take them out and loving your natural self. Take care.
Hi, I am so glad you did what you thought was right for you. I am having my implants out with uplift in October. Am scared as I wasn't big chested in the first place but know it will be better from a health point of view. Good look and I'm sure you will be happy
I am so glad you are feeling more positive now !!!! :D so happy for you :))))) See, we told you things would pick up (haha, literally)! do you have a juicer? juice lots of veggies and especially cucumbers (which contain lots of collagen), and this will help you with appearance even faster.
Hi Isquaster, how is everything going? You are one of the posts I have been following because your story is similar to mine. I'm thinking of explanting in the beginning of October, I'm just scared. I admire the courage you had to take them out so soon. I'm like you, I just don't feel like these implants are for me.
Everything is going great I've been too busy to post but my boobs look and feel better each day! They are still soft and a bit floppy but only time will heal that! I'm so happy with the decision I made and I encourage you to do what you feel is right. I was scared too, but mine was local and only took about 30 minutes! Good luck girl!
Thanks! Mine will be local & I only had them for about a year, so I'm hoping to have good results!
Hang in there and just keep taking pictures each week so you can see all the changes your body is going through..... that's why this site is so great to see each others progression
You are a beautiful young lady who now looks far prettier with your natural boobies. Your implants were huge and certainly not worth the price of affecting your health and well being. You were wise not to wait too long and proceed with the explant. Because of that plus your youth, your breasts will heal very nicely. Please try not to be so hard on yourself - trust all the ladies on here who are twice your age and have had them in for a very long time....it's just not worth it. In fact it is a perceived idea of beauty that is false. My wish for you - full acceptance of your body as is. Be healthy - feed your body nutrient rich foods- exercise and allow your self to love the body you are in.
You look Great!! give it some time Heal.
Well, I think you look great. For what that's worth. You also need time to heal. Try not to be so hard on yourself because you really look great.
Give it time...Once you start 'fluffing' I'm sure you're going to love them Even better than BEFORE your BA!! I've seen a lot of similar pics on here with woman your size & after a year, they end up with more breast tissue than when they initially started. You're going to be just fine, they look great on you already!! Positive vibes will bring positive results!! Take care girlie!!
LiveNLearn is sooo right... I've seen the same thing... It's just at first they are sunken in and there is this concave, and then the insides start healing and the concave goes away, and the skin starts fluffing , yes, some even develop more natural breast tissue than they had before they even had implants... and the point about the positive vibes, that is the most important.. right on, LiveNLearn! :D
Lady! You had huge implants removed! You look great already and the wobbly part will get better as they tighten up. You are so freshly post op you can't base anything on how they look or feel now. They are going to change so much over the next few months. You look like you have great skin elasticity! Do not spend another second worrying!
Don't worry !!! They are going to fluff up a lot !!!!! I am going to have the same issues- my surgery is sept 16 and I'm super scared too but my doc said to be patient patient patient. Give it 3-6 months for them to get back to normal. I know that's a while but then they will be back!!!! :-) :-) xo
Thank you so much for this comment. Everyone is saying it will get better and I do have hope. I feel a lot better without my big implants, but just sad at the sogginess right now. I know it will get better. Thanks for the support!
Girl!! It will get better!! I had a little grandma boobs after removal! They were very sad looking, and it did bum me out for a bit, but I just felt SOOO much better in my body, and I was SOO happy that I was no longer in pain that it didn't bother me as much. YOU don't look saggy, you just look a little deflated, but DUH you just had a big implant removed, you should look a little deflated for a bit. All your natural tissue has been compressed lol -- BUT I can tell you, your breasts are still a very nice shape regardless. And they will fluff up and be happier very soon!! But you must give it time and be kind to yourself, your body has been through a lot. It takes a couple months for most girls to see what their results are going to be. And after that, it takes a full year to completely heal. Hang in there!!!