Heading Back Home to A Town :) *I did it!!!!

Hi all. I have been reading reviews on this...

Hi all. I have been reading reviews on this website for over a year now. I haven't been able to seriously consider breast implant removal until now. I got my implants 7 years ago. They are saline under the muscle. I was a small A before and looking back, they were perfect. I always thought they were too small and wanted implants as soon as I realized I wasn't getting any bigger. I was embarrassed by them and society lead me to believe that I had to have big breasts. I do have to say though that I don't necessarily regret getting them because honestly they look nice and I have enjoyed them (and so does my husband haha). I think I have just grown up and realized the old me wasn't so bad and it's important to me to not have anything artificial in my body. I also don't want to worry about future surgeries since eventually I would need to get them replaced. I am 31 years old and am now confident in myself and what God has given me. In my 20's I didn't feel that way.

I go back and forth on my final decision because I am worried I will miss them and I worry they will be really saggy, wrinkled or deformed in some way. I worry it will then affect my sex life with my husband if they look really bad. He is very supportive of my decisions and I know he will still love me no matter what but I still want him to find me sexy like he does now. He honestly loves my breasts but told me he would love them if I got them removed too. I had a baby 8 months ago and was able to nurse just fine. I nursed for 2 months. I am worried something will happen during surgery that will affect breastfeeding future children as that is very important to me. I am sure these are all normal legit worries, but they are really holding me back.

It's very encouraging reading your reviews and seeing the before and after pictures. Almost all of you say it was worth it no matter what the outcome was.

I finally decided to get them out. I just got off...

I finally decided to get them out. I just got off the phone with the office of my original plastic surgeon. She told me I needed a lift and it would cost $7,500. WOW. I told her I didn't want a lift and asked what the cost would be without it, she hesitated, acted really shocked that I didn't want a lift and told me I'd be left with a saggy breast, then told me it would cost $6,000 without a lift. WOW again. I think I need to contact another surgeon. I have seen results on here and they are not always saggy. I think it's possible for me to get good results since my implants are not that large.

I have contacted a few other surgeons whose names...

I have contacted a few other surgeons whose names I actually got off of this website and feel more confident in them already. I have a couple consultations set up for the end of this month. When I contacted one of them the lady who sets up consults told me I have come to the right place for breast implant removal. That made me feel really good because no other place has told me that or even seemed all that familiar with removal. I have an appt with him on March 26th. It can't come fast enough :)

I had two very different but very good...

I had two very different but very good consultations. One was going to remove the capsule and put me under, the other said I can do it awake and do not need the capsule removed as it doesn't feel very thick. I am VERY nervous about being awake through the procedure but I really love the fact that I do not need to get put under. I am getting nervous just typing this and thinking about being awake. He did give me the option to get put under for an additional $600. But I think I am going to tough it out and stay awake with a valium. They had an opening for April 30th so I am going to set it up, YAY :) He also said my implants are sitting very high which makes them look unnatural. He said he could do a better job if I changed my mind but was not pressuring me at all and was very understanding that I wanted them out. He said I was a different case then most though haha. I'm very excited that I have an end in site, or a new beginning I should say :)

Hey all. So tomorrow it will be 2 weeks until my...

Hey all. So tomorrow it will be 2 weeks until my surgery. I am extremely excited. I was looking for advice on bras. I know my Dr will be sending me home with the typical surgical bra but I need to buy compression bras to wear for awhile correct? Do you know how long I should wear them and any suggestions of what kind? Thanks so much :)

I can't believe I am only 2 days away from surgery...

I can't believe I am only 2 days away from surgery. I am most nervous about having the surgery under local but hopefully I won't feel a thing and the Valium will take the edge off. He said it is a quick, easy surgery so I am sure I will be fine. I just can't wait to see the end result :)

I am home from my surgery and feel great. I did it...

I am home from my surgery and feel great. I did it under local, it was a piece of cake. I was surprised how easy it was. I'm wrapped tight in an ace bandage and am as flat as a pancake but I already love it. I'm a little nervous to look at them so I'll probably wait until tomorrow when he removes my drains. So far so good. :)

I also weighed myself before I left and when I got...

I also weighed myself before I left and when I got home I weighed 2 lbs less!!!!! :) I feel free and light and so happy!!!

Felt a little discomfort last night and today but...

Felt a little discomfort last night and today but otherwise feeling great and loving my results :)

Thank you for your review. I'm now at the final decision and am having mine out. You mentioned you did your explant with local. Did you also have IV sedation or just a valium? I would love to have just local, but think PS will not do it unless I am sedated. I just hate those meds. I hope you are doing well.
Hi there. I just took a valium. Honestly I do not handle anything medical very well. I can't stand the site of blood etc. But this was so easy. I watched tv and it was over before I knew it. I didn't feel a thing except the warmth of the saline when he drained the implants. It saved me a lot of money and time by doing it this way. The recovery was super easy as well. I couldn't be happier that I am implant free :) Good luck with your journey!!!!
Congrats on your journey! You are looking great!
Ah wow! You look gorgeous! Your boobs are adorable, congrats! I so can't wait for my explant now (1 July). Really looking forward to hearing about your healing journey over time. Take care x
Thank you so much. I could not be happier. Good luck to you and your journey. I do not have one ounce of regret ;)
You look so wonderful, perky!! I can't imagine a Dr saying you need a lift seeing your after pics!
Yeah, right? Unless she wants her nipples on her nose! lol. Congratulations, MySelfAgain. You look fantastic!
I agree Girlie & Mdeluca, you don't need a lift at all! They're perfectly perky ;o) x
Thanks so much ladies, I am beyond pleased with my results especially this early on :) The Dr who said that I needed a lift made that assumption before he even saw me. It was over the phone. Craziness.
I don't blame you for loving your results; you look wonderful! And, what woman doesn't like to get rid of 2 lbs!
Hurray! So happy for you, pamper yourself and take it easy. :D
Congratulations in your successful surgery! Hard to believe those things weighed 2 lbs!
Thank you. I know, I didn't think they were that big but it feels great to have them gone :)
I am happy to hear that you are feeling great. I too will be having mine out soon and I am sooooo looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing your story. :)
Thank you, good luck with your journey, it is definitely worth it :)
It seems you are in the right hands. We will be thinking of you. Take care.
Hey, I'm so excited for you. You're going to do just great. Very best wishes for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing how it goes when you're upto it. Take care x
Thanks so much, you are so sweet :) I will definitely keep everyone updated as soon as I can!!!
You are going to do beautifully and look wonderful. Don't be nervous, your PS would not be doing it that way if he thought it should be done differently. He or she will take good care of you.
Aww thank you so much :) He makes me feel very calm and comfortable and I definitely need that!!! I can't wait for it to be over though :)
The Genie bra is super comfortable and has nice padding (which is removable). It has enough compression which gave me some cleavage. It comes in packages of 2 for $20.00 at stores like Rite-Aid. I preferred Genie to the Handfuls bra that cost a lot more. (p.s. my explant was march19)

Thank you for your updates! I'm sure you'll get some excellent drugs, so even if you're awake you'll be all happy and groggy. Make sure your doctor knows of your concerns in this area.

Congrats on setting a date!!! I originally wanted to do local but my scar tissue on the right side was too thick. I think if your PS feels you're a good candidate for local- then awesome!!! Keep us posted and good luck, you will look fabulous!