Lip Lift - Very Happy with the Results!

I had a lip lift in 2006 and wanted to share my...

I had a lip lift in 2006 and wanted to share my good experience with the procedure.

I naturally have nice "big" lips...but I felt the distance between my nose and upper lip was alot. Didn't like how I could not see my teeth when I parted my lips. And to be honest, I am quite thin with a narrow face and I figured by lifting my lip, somehow it would not make my face look so long and narrow.

My doctor explained the scars will be minimal and they will be underneath my nose. I made an appointment right away.

The entire procedure was less than an hour and I was awake during the whole time. They stitched me up and sent me home. I did not experience much pain. Although I was VERY swollen. My cheeks, nostrils and lips were HUGE...LOL.

Below are photos before & after. I gotta say, I look different...My face literally changed for the best! I was quite surprised how much my face changed. It doesn't look as narrow...

Now, the scars did remain for a long time. I actually went back to my doctor almost a year after and (nicely) told him how I did not like the scar it left underneath my nose. My doctor was very kind and actually gave me several laser treatments underneath my nose(at no charge).

One other thing to keep in mind, the corners of the mouth aren't necessarily "lifted" just the upper lip.

I am VERY happy I had the lip lift procedure! I was 37 years old at the time(I am now 41).

It's June 2010...It has now been 4 1/2 years...

It's June 2010...It has now been 4 1/2 years since my lip lift procedure. I still do have some small "red" scars under my nose. I cover them easily with makeup though. Overall I am happy with the results (I am now 41 years old).

It has been a year and a half since I posted my...

It has been a year and a half since I posted my lip lift review. I never imagined I'd get so many comments! To be honest, I never thought anyone would even read my post. My procedure was done over 5 years ago. A time when NO ONE even knew what a lip lift was. I find everyone's story interesting and have enjoyed reading all comments. Real Self is such a great forum!

You look Beautiful! It is amazing how something so minimal as for the distance between your upper lift and your nose can make. You looked younger instantly and, again, a gorgeous result. I am so happy for you. I sent you a private message with the hopes of getting the Dr's name. Continue to Enjoy it! Vivita
how did u treat ur white scar ?? is it by leaser ??
Hi, Thank you for posting your photo with updates. It was quite helpful. I asked a surgeon in NY several years ago if he did this (he was highly respected and very well known so I assumed…)but he didn't. I recently called again, and he now does do them. I hate, that long space and of course everyone thinks i'm nuts but that's all I see when I look in the mirror. My fear is I am so fair and scar (white) easily. My nose is straight so you would see it. Do you need to wear make-up? Lasers don't work well on white scars i think.
@horseface...Yes. I feel I do need to wear makeup to cover the slight scar I still have by my nostrils. Good luck if you decide to go with the procedure.
I may have asked you before, I can't keep track of the posts, emails etc. because your lip lift looks amazing! You are the "go to gal". I'm thinking of maybe traveling for this procedure and was wondering if you could tell me who did your procedure and, did they cut the muscle or just skin. p.s./FYI you are gorgeous - you don't need anything else done.
How much it was ur upper lip? Iam 1,5 cm i feel that i really need it
did the shape of your nostrils change?
@lady vaneza...No, my nostrils did not change.
woooooooooow wonderfull result can i ask u did u apply any cream 4 the scar ?
@Lulu25107...No, I did not apply any specific cream to my scar.
Wow! You look gorgeous. What a great result. You look like Kim Kardashian :)
@CCrina88...Thanks. I wish I looked like KK... lol.
Is this correct...$850 by Dr. Haworth? I believe his fee is now upwards of $6,000 :(
this is not a Dr Haworth lip lift. It is a skin only lip lift by another surgeon. She did have a nice results though :)
I've been looking through all the LL pictures on here and keep going back to yours because they're so beautiful! Would you mind sending me his info? Thanks!
You are so beautiful! Before and after but wow best results Ive seen by far. Please PM me the name of your doc. I would really appreciate it :)
I would also appreciate if you could message me the name of your doctor. The result is amazing, but I have to wonder, how long did the swelling take? Did you take any time off work after the surgery and were you worried of any risks? Thank you for sharing your experience.
InSoCal could you message me with the name of the Dr you went to? I can't decide if I am going to do skin only (Dr Horndeski) or hemming of the muscle (Dr Haworth). I'm most concerned with scarring. I scar easily and I would be devastated if I end up with a scar under my nose. I think Dr Horndeski has done less procedures but his after photos looked so promising with little scar showing. Dr Haworth has done many more LL but even though the hemming of the muscle is described to lessen scarring I see more of his after photos with visible scars (of course they also have lots of makeup). I can't decide.
I went to Haworth with a great result. The scar is not anything at all and I have thick scarring tendency skin.
But I also a have a deep nostril crease and it hides well in there...
Thank you. I don't have a nostril crease and my nose is slightly upturned too.
I understand what you're saying...Haworth is great though in my experience :)
Did Hayworth do muscle hemming? I love how it looks but am fearful of destroying facial/smile/talking movement :( Does everything more & look normal for you?
Sorry "move"
what is muscle hemming? and how is it different from not using the muscle?