5'9 - 180lbs - 23 y/o - TT + BA + BL- Toronto, ON

So I thought I would start to document my plastic...

So I thought I would start to document my plastic surgery journey on here! :) I guess theres not really a better place. A little about me, i'm 23 and currently weigh 206 lbs. I'm 5'9 and my highest weight was 275 lbs. I've been over weight my entire life. I probably haven't weighed under 200 lbs in close to 10 years. I'm a yo-yoer. I've booked a consultation with Dr.Martin Jugenburg here in Toronto, Ontario. I'm hoping I can get a tummy tuck, breast augmentation and lift. He has gotten some great reviews! I'm excited but also very nervous for the consultation.

I'm booked for the consultation on Feb.22/2014. I'm excited because I hope to finally be free of this huge jiggly stomach. It's caused me so much grief in my life and really takes a toll on the relationship I have with my boyfriend, considering I won't let him see me naked!! Luckily, he is very supporting. Ideally I plan to lose a total of 30 lbs before surgery. I hope to have surgery in the late spring/early summer. May or June. This will give me a solid 3 months to get to 180 pounds.

I'm worried that the doctor might tell me i'm still too over weight for surgery. That will be devestating to me as living with my body like this is very depressing. I'm also concerned about needing both a vertical/horozontial scar. It's hard for me to know where i'm supposed to be weight wise when my stomach looks like this. Any thoughts on getting a tummy tuck in my current situation? Don't know if getting one at 180lbs I will regret.

Thanks for reading ladies and i will be back with updates as I loose weight and go to my consult!!

P.s I've attached some pictures. Try not to let your eyes burn lol

Weightloss

I'm being a shit head at loosing weight!!!!!!! 201.8 lbs today but I need to be at least 10 lbs lighter before this consultation!!!! I'm going to do a 14 day cleanse and hopefully that will help me drop a few pounds. I feel like i'm in a bit of a pleateau right now. It's frustrating!!! Only 16 more days until the consultation. I'm going to work my ass off!!!!!!

I made it Onederland!!! 199.8

So I may only be out of the 200's by .2 but i'm still out!! 2 weeks until my consultation and I plan to be 190 by the day (Feb.23). I know I can do it!! 13 days of working out and healthy eating can do a lot for a girl(NO CHEATS).180 lbs is seeming closer and closer. I'm so nervous the dr. will tell me in order to achieve good results, I'm going to have to be 150 lbs or something lol It's my ultimate fear!!! I'm hoping 180 lbs is going to treat me nice... only time will tell.

19.8 pounds left until my goal.

Went for Consult

So I went for my consultation... I was discouraged by it as my PS was sick and I could only meet with the nurse to have photos taken. After a week I had heard nothing back from them so I decided to send an e-mail. They were able to provide me with a quote and I asked if I could come back in to get the details of my procedure. So I'll be going back this Friday, I hope... to see my PS and get the details of surgery.

I'm still at 199. I think I'm stuck in a plateau but I'm trying a new approach starting today. I hope to have my procedure in June/July... I'm anxious/nervous to see what he says. I'll keep you guys posted. In the mean time, any diet tips??

Progress

So since my consultation I've been trying my best to get 170 -175 lbs my goal weight for surgery.
I've tried to lose weight but I KNOW I can try harder. Here are my progress photos from my last post. I'm not weighing in at 193 lbs. Not much different in weight - but I can see it in my body.

As you can see, I desperately need this TT (and BA) I'm only 23 I can't spend my life with this belly!! haha I hope to have my surgery in September now and will be booking it next month if everything goes according to plan. Wish me luck!!! and good luck to those on the same journey as me and to those who who've already made it the flat side ;) Congrats!

Can't Decide?!!?!

So today I weighed in at 182 lbs. Yay... almost at my goal. I've been very dedicated lately and will continue to be to reach my goals. I want to have my surgery in September or October, whatever is available. So this means it's getting really close to needing to book my surgery. I feel like I'm a lot closer to being ready than I ever have been. I've lost almost 20 lbs since my first consultation but my tummy is not going ANYWHERE lol It has shrunk, don't get me wrong, but it's still the same :( lol

The problem I'm having right now is, I cannot pick a surgeon. For the life of me. I've seen Dr.Jugenburg and I liked him - I did...but I felt as if I didn't ask enough questions to him or get enough information. He didn't make me feel confident in the procedures, but Kim his nurse did. I think Dr.J does amazing work but I also feel like it would be wrong to book with him without seeing other doctors first? I have two other doctors which I'm considering... Dr.Tong and Dr.Kredistien. I've looked at their galleries for hours lol. Each of them has a fee for a consultation: $150 and $200 dollars. Now, I'm a 23 yr old girl paying for an almost $20,000 surgery and I don't fancy potentially throwing away $350.00 dollars... But what if?? I'm wondering if anyone has been to any of these doctors and can share their experiences?? Even if you haven't, what would you do? Oh, and both Dr.K and Dr.T bother have pretty good reviews but definitely a couple negative ones in there....which makes the decision even harder!!! ahhh advice please?!?!

Wishing everyone who reads this, whether you've had your surgery or not the best of luck on their journey :) xx

and a few more pics of my skin and boobies. Hate my boobs!! I have some major asymmetry. Boo.

oops

Forgot to share these beauties lol

My Consultation with Dr.Tong

So, I had my consultation last Friday with Dr.Tong. I gotta say, it went completely as I hoped and expected. He was so detailed and he went through every question I could possibly have for him. He was also very kind but professional. He made me feel confident about the surgery which I didn't feel from the other doctor. He just seemed to be truly interested in what I wanted and getting me the best possible results while still being honest with what to expect. He is my doctor!

Now, the only thing that's been bothering me is the cost of the surgery. I was so sure and prepared before to spend whatever it was going to take but now that I have the quote and it's well over the cost of some brand new cars and is basically going to eat up my entire 23 yr old self life savings, I'm kind of nervous. I still want this more than anything but I just don't know if I will regret spending all my coin on this surgery opposed to say, a down payment on a house lol I still live at home and do want to leave the nest sooner rather than later. Has anyone else been in my situation?? What did you do?

Next, I've had this lingering concern about having kids. Now, I don't plan on having kids any time soon. Ideally, I would like to have a baby when I'm 30. I have a lot I want to do before having children but even so, 30 is 6 years away for me. Will my results be ruined after I have a baby? I'm worried I will have spent 30k to look good for the rest of my 20's but, I want to look good for as long as I can! Can anyone chime in? Especially being a weight loss patient my skin does not have the kind of elasticity as most people and I'm worried that after having a baby it won't snap back?

I guess the reality of the situation now has got me nervous!! But I still want this surgery more than anything. It's just a really big decision with really big results or potential consequences associated with it. It's going to be the biggest decision of my life which makes me nervous!

Ahhh!!!!

BOOKED!

Oh my god. I did it. I booked it!!!!!!! October 21, 2014! I will be having an abdominoplasty, breast lift, breast augmentation as well as large amount of skin under my left armpit removed. I felt so many different things as I was booking yesterday and I honestly started screaming at my dog and jumping around my office after I got off the phone. Hahaha. It's just such a crazy thing that i'm finally going to be doing this. I'm weighing in at 180 lbs and you can bet your bottom dollar I'm going to be busting this ass until the day of surgery. I'm going to try out Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred... has anyone tried it before? I'm going to get my boyfriend to take some 'before' pictures of me tomorrow.

But yeah, I'm very excited and anxious and I need to start making a list of essentials and things I will be needing so I can slowly start purchasing them. Crazy it's less than 3 months away. I opted to not get lipo... I hope I don't regret this decision but I just felt like I would be pushing it getting lipo and my doctor said it's always something I can do down the road... maybe after kids lol So yeah anyways, just wanted to give an update on my journey!!! I'm always always open to any tips on how to prepare of what to expect. I'm scared of the pain!!!! haha

Anyway, I hope everyone is recovering wonderfully and i'll ttyl :)

Your results will be so much better after getting down to the size you want first. You are doing this exactly right :)
I'm busting my ass to lose more weight too. I think surgery for me will be in November. You are doing great losing weight. I'm 187 today, trying to hit 175. I'll be following you. I'm sure you will have very good results!
My goal before surgery is 170!! We can do it!!!!!! I'm trying out the 21 day fix to help me out and of course exercising!!
Hey!!! I'm from Toronto as well and also went to see Dr Jugenburg. Congrats on booking your surgery. I look forward to your journey :)
Thank you!! How did it go with Dr. J?
First of all, I want to say congratulations on your weight loss journey and goals. You are amazing and such a hard worker. Although the surgery is expensive, I do think it will make you feel a lot better. I know a few people who also lost a significant amount of weight and were able to get the surgery covered by insurance. Have you looked into that? It would be great if they could share the expense with you!
And to put in my two cents worth on whether or not to spend the money now: If I could go back and do this surgery at 23 I'd have done it in a heartbeat. Money will come and go your whole life, noone should go through the prime of their life with their confidence in shreds. You've worked so hard to lose the weight, you deserve to show it off.
Wow I'm happy you said this. This is what I've been thinking the whole time. But of course the worrier side of me says save your money! But my heart says: have the surgery. I will definitely keep your advice in mind. Thank you!
I completely agree! I wish I had of had this surgery at your age. I waited 27 years.... Don't do that to yourself.
I sooo needed to hear this!! Thank you!
I started my weight loss journey at around your age. Having grown up heavy adds more muscle mass and bone density to your frame than the average person. If your doctor requests you get to a specific BMI (which is only height to weight ratio) I would suggest you ask him to take into account your body fat percentage as well. I have a BMI of someone who is overweight/ borderline obese because I have alot of muscle but my bodyfat percentage is well below average. I think when you get all that skin removed you will be quite surprised that you are actually much leaner than you think.
Thanks so much for the advice! I actually asked him about my current weight and BMI and he said that I'm good to go for surgery! He would consider me a 'healthy patient' so that made my day! lol I still want to lose 10-20 pounds but no time frames for me. I hope I'll surprised by the results!!
Congratulations on all your hard work! You're doing fantastic
Thank you!! You're results are amazing!!!!!! Hope you're healing very well :)
I've booked with dr Jugenburg for August 13th. I had gone to 2 other drs and to be honest I prefer Dr Jugenburg. His work alone speaks volumes and I liked that he didn't sugar coat anything or promise me that I'd look like a teenager. I'm getting an extended TT with lipo to back and flanks. He recommended I lose 20 lbs and I'm hitting the gym hard, at the YMCA downtown. Good luck
You have a very nice shape under there :) You aren't going to recognize yourself. Good luck!
Thank you so much !!!! You look amazing!!!
i would like to know how to do a cleanse. Have any of you PS put you on liquid diet before your surgery? does everyone have to do one, I will have more info feb 28 but i was just wondering. 45 days!!!
I did a full colonoscopy-style bowel prep 2 days before and only liquids the following day. My bowel prep involved drinking a prescription powder mixed with water. It was a rough couple of days but worth it I think. I am happy with my results so far and hope to get even flatter once swelling subsides.
Well I am 5'6 and at 165 lbs nobody told me to lose weight before the surgery and I consulted with 6 doctors. I bet if you can get to 180 lbs, you shouldn't have a problem. You definitely want to be under the "obese" BMI because a lot of surgeons won't due elective surgery at that point.
I've only lost about 5 pounds. As of tommorow I think I'll go on an all vegetable diet
I only lost 5 pounds
Hey TT girlfriend!! How goes the weight loss? I'm here to cheer you on! I'm down a couple of pounds, and it's hard but we can do it! :)
I'm also trying to lose weight before surgery. I was 226 three months ago and have lost to 209 today with weight watchers. I haven't increased my physical activity, but feel like I'm ready to do that now. I have my first consultation tomorrow, and two more scheduled for this month. With hard work we can both get to a good weight for surgery, I know we can!
Hang in there with the weight loss! Take it one day at a time. I'm also doing a juice fast/cleanse, but only for 3 days at a time. I can barely get thru one day! LOL You're going to look great when you get rid of that apron. Best of luck to you on your journey.