Stopping Invisalign Mid-treatment, Refunds?

So far so good...However, my ortho intial consult...

so far so good...However, my ortho intial consult said my treatment would be 1.5 to 2 years. However, with only 12 trays for the top it means 6-8 month completion, and 24 trays about a year. I felt that the quoted price was over compensated for the time which is not reflected in my treatment!

My invisalign treatment includes 12 trays for the top and 24 trays for the bottom. My main concern was for the top where I had a gap in the front teeth. However, because of the significant cost of the treatment, I feel I will be satisfied by stopping the FULL treatment to the 12th tray where my top will be completed. Since I did not know the full extend of my treatment before they quoted the price, is it possible to request this? What sort of refunds can I expect back?

I have always wanted to try Invisalign. I should get a consultation from my dentist and see how much it would cost me.
If you are in the Washington DC area I can refer you to a great Invisalign dentist.
Refinements, "If the patient wants to change the end position because the actual position is not optimal, new aligners are ordered, which are usually included in the originally quoted cost, called a 'Refinement" (Wiki). I tried looking up a more credible source but couldn't find anything. I'd into your invisalign contract or contact invisalign directly and explain your situation.

Hi Dan,

I was wondering if you could tell me how to contact invisalign directly.

Thank you.

Gosia

I got my impressions done and my liners came in. When I went in for my fitting I let the dentist know that my wisdom teeth were hurting. I planned on getting my wisdom teeth pulled and my root canal done before I decided to get invisalign (same dentist). The dentist told me the liners will not fit after I get a root canal and my wisdom teeth pulled so I needed new impressions. I have not tried on any liners but have fully paid the 5500 invisalign fee. I no longer trust this dentist since she did not inform me that I needed to get my root canal done before getting invisalgn even though she new I had a cavity. I have asked for a refund but said I will take a loss of 1425 for the first set of liners even though I would not be able to use it. She will not give me a refund. She said she can give me a 2k refund out of the 5500. I have not done any treatment except my impressions. I have not even seen what the end result is suppose to look like or have seen the liners. What should I do? I don't want to start my treatment with this dentist.

There was a question posted in our Q&A section that asked if it was ok to get a root canal while doing Invisalign. You can click here to read the dentists answers.

Hope that info helps a bit at least.

I was told that you can have up to 3 "corrections".

Do you mean 3 before you are charged, or there is the possibility of having to do 3 sets of corrections/refinement trays?

Can someone recommend an Elite or Premier invisalign orthodontist in Mississauga/Brampton area?
the dentist has to pay for the trays up front, so if you already have them then you can't expect a full refund on that. that said, for 8K your dentist is probably making substantial profit, so if s/he is nice, s/he'll refund you some of that profit margin. it all depends, of course, on the policy there. check the forms you signed! good luck :-/