He Gave Me a Wide, Bulbous, Crooked Nose, and Nerve Damage…Think Twice...- Toronto, ON

I did my primary revision with Dr. Solomon in 2010...

I did my primary revision with Dr. Solomon in 2010. During these past 4 years, I've experienced nothing but physical and emotional pain, agony, and excruciating sense of guilt over choosing this doctor while I had a very negative gut feeling about him.
From his reviews on this site and another website, I can see that he has started to "care" about what's being said about him. I hope he reads this review.

When I went to him, having consulted about 7 other very qualified plastic surgeons, he seemed to be cold, indifferent, dismissing,derogatory, and rushed. I left his office feeling that I would never return to him. It was only after consulting with my dermatologist that I was persuaded to return to Solomon, because, as she said, my rhinoplasty was a simple job and other doctors were simply charging too much! She also told me that she had heard so many good things about him. It was only after my botched surgery that she said she'd actually heard about him through the media and his paid ads in beauty magazines!!! She has also told me she will never refer anyone to him ever again...

Dr. Solomon turned my beautiful, completely straight nose into a mashed eggplant. I asked him only to narrow my nostrils and correct my deviated septum. He gave me an ugly, botched tip-plasty and cut too much cartridge from the right side. He also caused a nerve damage that has left me in pain to this date. After talking to his other patients that I'd found on the internet (and yes, all those negative reviews are from different, very real, sane individuals), that I realized I am not his only victim. My nose is: bulbous, wide, crooked, collapsed tip, and worsened breathing problems. My nose is now so crooked and droopy that every revision surgeon I consult tell me out-right that my problems are due to an obvious surgeon's error.

Finally, after many steroid injections (him thinking that it would make my bulbous tip smaller), he finally agreed to do a "revision septoplasty" telling me that I may have no cartridge left to be fixed (his mistake to begin with…) and that there is nothing more he can do. I am sure he is only doing that to charge the health ministry and from the experience sod his other patients he will never even attempt to fix his mess. I cannot trust him with a revision; I cannot really see him as a caring, competent surgeon. My primary was under 50 minutes, and from what I know, most his surgeries are under 1 hour (as I was informed by a nurse the day I went for my pre-admission tests at the Etobicoke General Hospital). I've been so depressed that, for the past 4 years, I cry every time i see myself in the mirror, don't let anyone take a picture of me, and absolutely believe that my face and facial expressions have changed since the surgery. Scared and untrusting of other surgeons, along with financial burden of doing a revision, I think Dr. Solomon is absolutely a horrible "surgeon" who does not possess qualities of care and responsibility, or professional competence.

Pics

photo

3 years later

Photos

Odo, the Changeling (have to see the humour, otherwise it gets very depressing)

Photos

Odo, the Changeling (have to see the humour, otherwise it gets very depressing)
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Think twice before going to him. He is now widely advertising and targeting certain "ethnic" communities in GTA. He does not have a clue what is considered a "beautiful" face in different cultures. In NO WAY, he can ever be considered an "ethnic rhinoplasty" expert. Please be warned that he is not going to listen to you and has no respect for individual concerns and does not take the time to explain risks, procedures, or things he can and he cannot do. He Lacks empathy and does not seem to understand the value and significance of a woman's face in her life and on her self-esteem. His surgeries are no more than ONE HOUR long. One star is one too many for this doctor. I rated the payment process as 5 star because he is really good at taking your money. His "lower" fees represent his attitude of "you get what you pay for" , hence the half-done nose jobs. Read his online reviews carefully and look at my photos: A picture is worth a thousand words!

Not to make you feel worse, but your original nose looked perfect!!!! That would be how I would want my nose to look if I could pick a nose. I'm considering getting my nose done but am terrified of ending up with a bad result.... I hope you're able to be happy with your nose again soon.
No, Ermm23a, I know very well my original nose was a billion times better than the mashed eggplant I have to look at every day now :( And, that's exactly what a surgeon told me: that his patients pay him thousands of $ to make their noses look like mine , he told me that I was not a candidate for rhino and warned me against any surgeon who wants to do extensive work, especially tipplasty and grafts. Another surgeon also refused to do rhino on me as well telling me I didn't need it. I take responsibility for what was done to me: I put my trust in the hands of another "human-being" thinking he is a Surgeon and superhuman and will do his best and will never make, at least, big mistakes!! I Please do your search carefully...reconsider rhinoplasty if you really don't need it. Avoid anyone who tells I'll do a touch-up later and fix it!" it's a lie, don't believe them. The psychological torture of waiting for your nose to heal is unbearable. A bad rhinoplasty outcome will ruin your face and your life...and, PLEASE BELIEVE the online reviews and patients' experiences: they will always tell you the truth. Good luck and I hope you will find the absolutely right surgeon and be happy :)
I am so sorry to read about your unhappy journey. I do hope that things turn around and that you're able get the results you were hoping for. Thanks for sharing your story and photos with us.
Thank you, Faith2012. I am now actively searching for the "right" surgeon to do my revision. I too hope that one day I wake up from this nightmare and be the person I used to be :)
As far as I can tell, your original natural nose looked great. What a shame :( You must be heart-broken.
You are right, my nose looked much much better before the surgery. t two surgeons I consulted advised me against a rhinoplasty. One of them told me that my nose was near ideal and his patients pay him to make their noses look like mine! What I asked for was a minor alarplasty and this is what I ended up with :( Words cannot describe how much I regret the decision of doing an unnecessary rhinoplasty and then picking the worst surgeon with a such a bad online reputation (which I brushed off as lies from people with too much time on their hands). Every day, I hit my head against the wall for going through an absolutely unnecessary rhino. The septoplasty part of it wasn't that successful either: I have breathing problems I never had before and the deviated septum was shifted from the right side of my nose to the left! So,now my nasal passage is completely blocked on the left side, plus having a collapsed valve....the list goes on and on and on, and just keeps getting worse.
I'm so sorry...what a nightmare. I did something similar....I had a second opinion and later wished I would have listened to him instead. I know now that he was more honest about what I didn't need, etc. I went with the nicer looking office and should have not been so naive.
Yes, it has been a nightmare. I used to cry everyday, and I still do when I see my reflection in the mirror. That's why I don't take photos anymore and don't stare at the mirror; I don't recognize the person I see! I hope you will have a happy ending to your journey as well. For me, it is hard to trust another surgeon right now. I think rhinoplasty only works if you have a really large, noticeable hump or your nose was damaged and become crooked in an accident. Otherwise, I am warning everyone I know against rhinoplasty. I also know people who were very happy for the first few years after their primary and then they began to see changes that made them very unhappy. Rhinoplasty, unless it is to remove a hump or fix severe crookedness or as reconstructive surgery is just too unpredictable an unstable and just not worth it: a lesson I learned the hard way.
Ditto here! I thought I was getting a subtle change on the tip. I had no idea he planned on breaking my nose and changing my entire nose! We never discussed that...never! I feel so ugly now....
I know exactly how you feel. I don't even see "myself" in the mirror or in photos. My surgeon mumbled tip-palsty the morning of the surgery, something that I had specifically told him I didn't want prior to that point. My tip was not droopy at all and tip-palsty, according to several other surgeons I consulted, was unnecessary. He also broke my bones unevenly, so now I have a groove in one side of my nose which you can't see in my pictures. In a nutshell: he "mutilated" my face. What happened to me wasn't just a side effect of rhinoplasty that could happen to anyone; it was purely due to his negligence and incompetence and carelessness. He was rushed and just didn't care. What makes me so angry with myself is that I had a deep and really bad gut feeling about him on the day of my consultation (he seemed rushed and not so knowledgeable and dodged questions). I dropped him off the list of my potential surgeons. My problem was indecisiveness and finally my dermatologist told me to do it with him because she thought he was giving me a "good deal" since my rhino was just a simple job!! Let me tell you that I am paying for it dearly, physically, mentally and financially, and it will cost me another $12,000 to get it fixed in Toronto. I really feel like I am suffering from post-traumatic stress symptoms, especially when I see my before and after pictures (then I just weep like crazy).
I'm sure that you and I both, and the many other's who are trying to live with botched plastic surgeries, suffer post-traumatic stress. I have a long list of problems now that I didn't have before. I've lost so much happiness in my life, money, and self-confidence because of these botched surgeries. I only hope that others learn from our experiences. Best wishes that things get better for you and you're able to get your life back.
Have you been to see Dr Kreidstein? He is an honest doc, IMO and does some great work. How about Dr DuPere? Very lovely and compassionate man. I feel for you. I live with a botched procedure every day (not from the docs mentioned). It's painful.
Thanks so much, Faith2012. I wish you the same and hope you will be happy again. I am glad that I found this website and started educating myself, and meeting and getting support from other people in the same boat. This has really helped me a lot :)
Thanks Lulu24. I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with your results. I'd never heard of these two doctors; I will definitely check them out. Are you thinking of doing a revision rhinoplasty?
No, I'm not doing a revision rhinoplasty but I do find both docs to be genuine, ethical and honest. Dr Kriedstein performed a successful surgery on my friend when about 20 other doctors said no. It wasn't a rhinoplasty either but it definitely speaks to his confidence and skill. Dr DuPere has a great aesthetic sensibility and is super nice. Maybe one these docs can help you? Good luck!!!!
Thank you, Lulu, for your help. I will consider them for my revision. Good to know they are patient-centred and empathetic. That's exactly what I'm looking for in a surgeon this time around. Best of luck to you too :)
Please do your research very very carefully. Since 2010, when I did my primary septo-rhino, there are so many new, fresh-faced surgeons in Toronto's plastic surgery scene. My advice is to educate yourselves and refuse to give your hard-earned money to surgeons who do not take more than 5 minutes and avoid answering questions. Just because some do more surgeries than others doesn't mean they are better, it might actually mean the opposite, meaning that they don't care about the quality of their work and just want to make money out of these "unnecessary, psychologically draining, physically painful revisions". A so-called "touch-up" does not exist--it is a REVISION surgery. Rhinoplasty is an extremely complicated surgery. Your nose is the centre of your face and any, even the slightest imperfection will have a significant impact on your face, your facial impressions and, really, who you see when you look at the mirror. I pains me to see what's happened to my face might happen to another woman, especially younger women who may suffer even more than I did. Be Careful whom you "choose" as your doctor. Don't rush into it.
My doctor told me that one of her patients did a revision with him (she also had a very botched nose job) and he did an excellent job fixing it, and said she didn't think anyone would be able to fix that botched nose job satisfactorily, but Adamson did. before my primary, I considered consulting him but was side-tracked by other doctors with flashier advertisements (my own fault, of course!), and didn't see him. He is on my list of surgeons to consult. Believe me, you do not want a "discount rhinoplasty", you will end up paying for it a thundered-folds in emotional and physical pain. I am using a different strategy this time, I am consulting any and every doctor who does revision rhinoplasty and I "interview" them with a list of questions. I check their reviews on realself and ratemd and contact their unhappy/not so happy patients and ask questions as to what happened and what the doctor did to fix it. then, I compare notes. I also have a black-list criteria now. so if a surgeon doesn't answer my questions or is not detailed as to what he will do, I will immediately eliminate him from my list. When they sound no-good, they are no-good. Do not trust a surgeon who says "I will do a touch-up later"...some of them will say that....believe me, there is no such thing. there is only long years of waiting for your nose to heal and going through excruciating pain of doing a revision. Ask these surgeons what is their rate of revision on their primary rhino work. Rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult plastic surgeries out there and has a high rate of failure to achieve desired results. Revision rhinoplasty is being used to generate extra income for these surgeons who are supposed to and should be expected to do their job right the first time around.
I'm so sorry for what happened. I hope your revision is everything you dream of :) .. Do you have any suggestions on other questions that should be asked at primary consultations?
Thank you. Hope you will have a successful surgery. If you are in Canada, check out this website: http://www.cpso.on.ca/Policies-Publications/Positions-Initiatives/Cosmetic-Procedures-Improving-Patient-Safety/Get-the-Facts-What-you-should-know-about-Cosmetic It also gives you information on whether the surgeon has had any disciplinary action against him/her in the past 3 years. At the end of the day, I would go with my gut feeling and patient reviews. That's what I didn't do the first time around. I sincerely hope you find the right surgeon.
Thanks for the link :)
You welcome! Let me know if I can help you further. Are you having a primary or revision rhinoplasty? Have you decided on a surgeon yet?
I couldnt see the after picture very clear before as it was very dark. I thought it might have been just my monitor but now the picture you just updated is alot more clear. Wow, I totally see the drastic change! It looks like how my nose looks! Crazy! This makes me really sad. We trusted Dr. Solomon and look what he did to us. As soon as I log in here I see a thing for recommended doctors and hes always one of them. They use our computers location to determine our location and they list doctors that are located around us. And like you mentioned even on google hes always on top! I requested my medical files from his office last week. I am expecting them to come in the mail. I will need these so I can show future PS's exactly what he did. I have never gotten another doctors opinion other then his and I want to go see another one badly to see what they think. Dr. Oakley has alot of positive reviews on the many sites Ive checked. And Ive talked to someone who went to Solomon 3x like me and then was very unhappy like us and Dr. Oakley fixed his mistakes.
Just sent you a note and some info. See your INBOX.
He does a "cookie cutter" job on every single patient...for some, it works (and they are happy) and for others, like us and many others, it does not. The difference between A good, competent surgeon and someone like Solomon is to adapt and adjust his skills to suit different individuals. This is where his incompetence and irresponsibility show. I am 100% positive that not other surgeon would have done the damage that he's done to my nose; no one I've ever consulted (per and post-op) was so competent to not even tell me what he was going to do to my face, just saying: "I know what to do, I can help you".