Fat Grafting- Is It Permanent? - Toronto, ON

I'm a 50 year old male and have lost some fat...

I'm a 50 year old male and have lost some fat under my eyes and cheeks from aging and I have a bit of a tired look. My nose has become more noticeable as a result, which has always been on the big size. I'm hoping that getting the procedure will make me more youthful and my nose less noticeable. I also thought of getting rhinoplasty at the same time. Just for the moment though, I am interested in the fat-grafting procedure and I'm hoping someone can help me with this question. I am slated for surgery to transfer fat from my abdomen to my cheeks. Is this a permanent procedure, or am I just getting on the hamster wheel and will require "top-ups' throughout my life? Also, I am at my ideal weight, so weight loss will be just with aging.

Ken, please wait. So many of us on this site have had terrible problems with this procedure. It has ruined many lives. Only a few have been able to fix problems due to this procedure. AND the site its taken from doesn't look great either in many cases. PLEASE look up all of the past comments before you do anything.