Small is SEXY! 8 months post op: 260cc Low Profile Allergan Inspira Cohesive Gel under the muscle crease incision

I am a 40 year old mother of 2 (6 year old boy...

I am a 40 year old mother of 2 (6 year old boy and 3.5 year old girl). I was always very small breasted and didn't mind being petite. I still felt sexy and rocked my push-up bras and bikinis. But after breast-feeding my children I became completely deflated and I wanted to get back some volume and have a natural "enhancement". My biggest fear was looking too big and being noticed (my in-laws are VERY conservative and most of my friends are anti-plastic surgery) I wanted to look how I did when I wore my double padded push up under my clothes and fill out my bikini tops without spilling out of them.

I went to see two well-known surgeons in Toronto and showed them my wish boobs and tried to explain to them that I didn't want to look big and that I was only looking for a subtle, natural change. Neither of them understood my vision and kept trying to convince me to go larger. After my third consultation, I finally found a surgeon who totally understood the look I wanted to achieve.

I had my surgery on November 28th and stayed home from work for 10 days to recover with my mom and husband helping me out so I could just rest and heal. I only took my pain medications for 3 days and was pain-free by Day 5. I went out to a fancy dinner on Day 7 and on Day 11 I was back to work and my normal every day routine. I started to feel completely myself 3 weeks post op and started working out at 4 weeks. Now after 7 weeks, I feel like I've had these boobs my whole life!

I think my breasts look natural and they feel soft and squishy like real boobs. No one has noticed except my hubby, which is exactly what I wanted. However, when I wear a bikini and I am in the nude, I have the "wow" factor I was looking for.

I did a lot of research and I had a lot of anxiety choosing my final size. (I highly recommend making rice sizers to try out at home). In the end I listened to my surgeon and he gave them the look I wanted and I am very happy with my results. I had the crease incision so I am patiently waiting for my scars to heal ( I am Asian so they are dark right now). I am using the Scar Away silicone sheets and the scars have totally flattened and are smooth so now I just need them to fade.

Small is SEXY!!! 260cc Allergan Inspira Cohesive Gel low profile - Toronto, Ontario

Thought I would post a photo from my vacation at New Year's. I was 4 weeks post OP in the "after" photo. I wore water proof band aids on my incisions so they wouldn't get darker from the sun. I went swimming in the pool and the ocean and had no issues. It was a relaxing getaway and I was happy to reveal my new bikini body!

2 months post op!!!

I had my 2 month post op check up and my surgeon said that things have progressed really well for me so he doesn't need to see my at 4 months and will check up on me at 6 months. My scars are still red but he says that they look good because the line is straight and flat. I will be wearing the scar guard strips until my 6 month check up. My doctor is confident that as my breasts fill out more in the bottom, my scar will be completely hidden in the crease.

My breasts feel so natural and even bounce and jiggle like real boobs! I have started back into my regular "pre-op" workouts which involves lots of push ups, burpees, and planks. I jump rope for cardio and there hasn't been any issues there. They don't feel heavy which was a "pre-op" fear and I am so happy to be working out and exercising after being off for 6 weeks as per doctor's orders.

I am now free of my surgical bra and am cleared to wear any bra I want. I can also go bra-less at night. I went to Victoria Secret and am now a 32D which sounds huge but as you can see in my photos, I still look petite and subtle! I also went to a designer bra boutique and was sized at 32C in the Chantelle and Marie-Jo line. I still wear size SMALL in my bikinis and in my bralettes.

How a LOW profile implant looks - 260cc cohesive silicone gel

Just thought I would post some photos of my profile so you can see that you can get volume and a natural slope with a low profile implant. When I was doing my research on which profile I should get, it was very difficult to find photos of women who chose a low profile implant. I was nervous about my final choice but I trusted that my surgeon knew what he was doing.

I am happy with the fullness I have and the natural looking slope from my low profile implant.

Supermodel Inspirations...

When I was researching my "wish boobs", I looked up pictures of Victoria Secret models and found my inspiration for a natural but sexy look.

The models look like they are a full B cup but can totally play them up in their push bras which is exactly what I wanted to be able to do with mine.

Wish boob comparison...

My surgeon is a true artist! He totally understood the look I wanted and gave it to me...I think I look pretty close to my wish boobs!!!

Totally noticeable in my bikinis!

My ultimate goal of having this surgery was to fill out my bikini tops. I love going to the beach and I'm proud that I can still wear a bikini after having my 2 kids. Now that I am 40, I really wanted to be 100% confident in my bikini and I feel like my new boobs have done that for me.

I can show off my new boobs when I want on the beach and go totally unnoticed when I am covered up in my clothes. I feel like I got the best of both worlds! I like that I can play up my boobs if I want to look sexy and be totally modest under my clothes when I need to be.

Feeling confident at the beach! 4 months post op!!!!

I feel 100% "natural" and can't even remember what it was like not having these boobs! I am happy to be filling out my bikinis and wonder how my boobs will look 6 months post op....my surgeon say it take 6-12 months for them to take on their final shape.

Another beach vacation and feeling very confident!

I am now 5 months post op and I can't even remember having the surgery done! My boobs look and feel so natural that I feel like I have always had them. I am so happy I went through with the procedure and I have no regrets at all.

I think about how stressed out and worried I was about all the possible complications and the fear that kept me from going through with it years ago and I feel SO grateful that I've had such an amazing experience.

I just turned 41 but I feel like I am 29! And after this last beach getaway and seeing the 29 year old girls strutting in their bikinis, I think I looked just as good as they did and even better than some of them.

Body stats...

I never posted my body measurements. I am 5'4 and 125lbs. My BWD is 12.5cm and I was 32A pre-op.

I added a couple more photos to show how natural implants can look when you choose the right size to suit your body.

Before and After photos at 6 months post op...front view

I can't believe that I am now 6 months post op! Time has flown by and I continue to love my results. I am so happy I did this for myself but I have to admit that I sometimes think about possible complications that could happen in the future. Every time I feel some tightness in my boob I think that I have capsular contracture! And I do think about the day that I will have to replace them after 10 years...

But I am trying to focus on the now, and right now I love how I look naked and in a bikini! I

Before and After photos...side view

A low profile implant gave me the natural shape and slope I wanted!

Incision update

Because I am Asian, I still have a scar but it is slowly lightening and the most important thing for me is that it didn't turn into a keloid scar. I use the Scar Away strips during the day when I wear a bra and I use Bio Oil and Shea butter at night.

32C!!!

I measure a 32D at Victoria's Secret but I feel like their sizes are bigger. In all the high end designer lingerie bras I am a 32C which I feel is more accurate. I am obsessed with a line called Marie Jo from Belgium and their bra's start at $120. I like that they are lightly lined to hide any nipples but are not padded.

I am a size small in all bikini tops which I like because I can still wear some of my old bikini tops.

Low profile implants

There aren't many girls who get low profile implants...I think I am a rare case. I had to get them because I have a wide breast width. I needed an implant with a wide base and I wanted a low cc implant. I knew I was definitely not going to get anything over 300cc and a high implant under that amount has a narrow base diameter.

The low implant gave me a very natural looking slope and since I was after volume and fullness, projection was not something I wanted anyway.

Summer is here!!!

I am now 8 months post op and every day with my boobs I feel more and more confident. I am happy to show off my cleavage on the beach and feel good about still looking petite under clothing. NO ONE has questioned me or suspected which is exactly what I wanted. I fill out my bikinis the way I had hoped for and I like the way I can fill out strapless tops and tight tanks without looking over the top.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

I am very happy with the results from Dr. Edelstein. He took the time during my consult to answer all of my questions and concerns and really talk with me to truly understand the look I was trying to achieve. His expertise and knowledge made me feel confident that he was going to do an amazing job. He is very professional but also so friendly and kind and I really felt like he cared about my well-being and giving me the results I wanted. Louise and Anita are very helpful with their advice and so flexible with booking appointments. They valued my time and always tried to work around my schedule. I loved that I never had to wait longer than five minutes to see the doctor. They were so patient with me when I was trying to choose my size and put up with my all my neuroses and anxiety with a smile! I am so happy that I chose Dr. Edelstein and I highly recommend him. He gave me the natural, subtle and sexy enhancement I asked for.

Hi, you got perfect implant size for subtle enhancement. I got same implant size like you. I got mine done this past May and very happy with results. Your blog on this site has helped reassure me that I didn't need to go bigger and so glad I didn't. Can you give update on incision scar? Did you do anything to speed up scar recovery? My scar still looks red and hasn't changed much in past month. Thanks for sharing your experience and for proving that small is sexy! .
I just went to a surgeon who said I should have 300cc under the muscle but it looked too big and I am not happy with it. I still want to have a pear shape and not have others notice it. Was your op under the muscle?
What profile was the implant? If you are not comfortable with the sizer than I would suggest going with the next size down from 300cc. Mine are under the muscle and have completely dropped into a natural shape. Good luck with your journey!
High profile I think. It stuck out a lot.
Good god they look soo natural and he placed the incision perfectly! Congrats! And Ali01 is right, you have an unbelievable figure! Its nice to see the changes they went through, too! Especially for some one so early on in recovery, seeing that they can soften and drop to such a natural position is reassuring! Part of me hasn't really grasped that I have boobs now! Thanks for updating and live them up!
Firstly, your figure is amazing! I would NEVER had guessed your age. And the end result looks SO natural, no way would anyone guess you even had an op :) I was wondering what cup size you had asked your surgeon for? I think I read you were a 32A before? So what had the surgeon said 260 cc low profile would give you? I've been offered 310cc teardrop unders..34A at the mo, tall (5ft10) and slim, and really wanting a natural look!
Thanks for the lovely comments...I had told my surgeon I wanted to be a full B cup but he was more interested in the look I was after so I showed him all the pics of the Victoria's Secret models that I posted on my profile. He said that a low profile would give me the natural slope I wanted and I had to go with an implant with a wide base diameter. I think the size your doctor has recommended sounds like it would fit your body nicely because you are a lot taller than me. The next size that my surgeon recommended for me was 300cc full profile but I didn't feel comfortable with that size. The sizers are very accurate so I would go by how they look and feel in your bra and underneath different pieces of clothing. Good luck!
You look fantastic!! Your reviews really put me at ease with the smaller implants I'll be getting (my PS won't do anymore than 325 cc on me). And you are rocking your new boobs and bikinis! If you never would have mentioned your age, I wouldn't have guessed anywhere close. And I know the focus of the pictures is your boobs, but where is your gold necklace from? It's so simple and pretty!
Thanks for the compliments! You will be so happy with the size you chose...you will have lots of volume and fullness but it won't be over the top. My necklace is Rebecca Minkoff and I ordered it online. Good luck with your surgery!
You look absolutly awesome. I am torn. I visited PS for the first time, he recommends for me Natrelle silicone over 400cc teardrop. I was like 0ver 400cc? isn't this too much for me? All my life I was compared to models because I am tall and thin, but zero boobs. Don't you think 400cc would look awful on the person that statue? pl. help. He said because I am tall it will look nice on me and it will disappear on me, which I still doubt . I am very thin and tall and for sure I would love to achieve more natural look. C cup is OK for me, but smaller C I think. help if you can..
400 cc sounds on the bigger side...but how did the sizers look and feel on your frame? I really felt like the sizers were 100% accurate for me even with going under the muscle. I would make sure that the dimensions of the implant fit your measurements exactly (the base diameter of the implant should be exactly the same width as your BWD, according to my surgeon). I think that something in the the low 300 cc's would give you a more subtle result. I am happy with 260cc which is more than enough for the natural look I wanted to achieve. I would go back to your surgeon and try on sizers in the 300-350cc range. Hope this helps!
wow your look is exactly what I was after!! Hope mine heal and settle as nicely as yours did!
Hi, loved reading your post! I never thought low profile would look so amazing. I am thinking abt 225cc silicone unders and also have a wide breast width but narrow band - 26 inch ribcage. I may have to strike a balance with moderate plus. I want a little projection but want to look natural too. What do you think??
I would make sure that the base diameter for the implant is the same width as your breast width. And then see what profiles have the same width and go from there. I went with low because of the base diameter. If had gone with the moderate plus with the same width as my BWD, then the cc amount would have been 300cc and I knew that I didn't want to go that big. To get the most natural looking cleavage you need the implants to fit perfectly into your breast pocket and that's why my surgeon was adamant about using an implant with the same width which was 12.5 cm for me. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions....
Wow! That's the first word that came to my mind when I saw your post. You look amazing! I'm also considering a BA and have been to three Doctors and I've always told them that I want a natural look for my body and even mentioned the same cc's as you have and they always looked at me like I was going to regret it bc so many women want to go bigger. I'm so happy I came across your post. It makes me feel more confident in my choice of choosing a small then usual implant. Congrats on your new girls....I'm totally jealous! :)
I'm so glad that my story has helped you! You have to find a surgeon who really understands your vision. The first two surgeons I met thought I was crazy for wanting to go with any implant less than 300cc and tried to convince me I wouldn't be happy if I went smaller. I knew what I wanted and I am so happy I found a surgeon who respected and understood my wishes. Have you tried making the rice sizers to wear at home? I found by wearing them I got myself used to the size and there was no doubt going into my surgery. Good luck with your booby journey!
I noticed in one if your posts you do hot yoga! I do too!! I'm considering BA, and was wondering how long it took you to get back to doing hot yoga comfortably ? Thanks!
I waited 8 weeks post op to start up hot yoga. It felt weird engaging my chest muscles are first but now I don't even notice my implants. I also waited 8 weeks before I started working out with weights and doing planks and push ups. Now I can do all the workouts I did pre BA! Mood luck with your booby journey and let me know if you any other questions! This site helped me so much only journey and I am so grateful to all the women who shared their stories!
I'm so glad to hear a review about exercising after getting breast implants! I am a trained dancer and I also workout with weights, do bikram yoga and capoeira and was concerned about losing my ability to partake in these activities after my ba. I was planning on waiting a full 8 weeks to start back up, too. Have you found it hard to get back into it? Have you been taking it really slowly or can you pretty much just get back into it? Any advice for returning to an exercise routine? Thanks for posting and so happy to hear your story! Congrats!
I was really worried about my workouts post surgery and I am happy to say that I am 100% back doing the same workout with no issues! I do the BodyRock workouts which means lost of push-ups, burpees, planks and pull-ups using a dip bar. I also use weights to do chest presses and flys and have no issues. Yoga is fine and so is jumping rope which is my choice of cardio. After the 8 weeks, my chest muscles felt weird at first, but after 3 months, the weirdness went away. I just started tae kwon do and am a little worried about getting hit too hard in the chest but I wear a chest protection so I am sure I will be fine. Good luck with your surgery...you will be so happy you did it!!!!!
Hey you look amazing ! How long did you have to wait for your consult ? And from consult to surgery date ?
I had called at the beginning of June and got a consult in mid July and booked my surgery for the end of November. I highly recommend going with Dr. Edelstein! There is a reason you have to wait to see him...he is the best and totally worth the wait! I would go ahead and see other surgeons to compare. You need to feel comfortable and confident with whomever you choose. He/she will be transforming you body!
The most natural looking breast augmentation that I have ever seen! I'm serious! Gorgeous!!!!