FAB at 41!!! Natural looking results with 260cc low profile Allergan Inspira implants under the muscle crease incision

I am a 40 year old mother of 2 (6 year old boy...

I am a 40 year old mother of 2 (6 year old boy and 3.5 year old girl). I was always very small breasted and didn't mind being petite. I still felt sexy and rocked my push-up bras and bikinis. But after breast-feeding my children I became completely deflated and I wanted to get back some volume and have a natural "enhancement". My biggest fear was looking too big and being noticed (my in-laws are VERY conservative and most of my friends are anti-plastic surgery) I wanted to look how I did when I wore my double padded push up under my clothes and fill out my bikini tops without spilling out of them.

I went to see two well-known surgeons in Toronto and showed them my wish boobs and tried to explain to them that I didn't want to look big and that I was only looking for a subtle, natural change. Neither of them understood my vision and kept trying to convince me to go larger. After my third consultation, I finally found a surgeon who totally understood the look I wanted to achieve.

I had my surgery on November 28th and stayed home from work for 10 days to recover with my mom and husband helping me out so I could just rest and heal. I only took my pain medications for 3 days and was pain-free by Day 5. I went out to a fancy dinner on Day 7 and on Day 11 I was back to work and my normal every day routine. I started to feel completely myself 3 weeks post op and started working out at 4 weeks. Now after 7 weeks, I feel like I've had these boobs my whole life!

I think my breasts look natural and they feel soft and squishy like real boobs. No one has noticed except my hubby, which is exactly what I wanted. However, when I wear a bikini and I am in the nude, I have the "wow" factor I was looking for.

I did a lot of research and I had a lot of anxiety choosing my final size. (I highly recommend making rice sizers to try out at home). In the end I listened to my surgeon and he gave them the look I wanted and I am very happy with my results. I had the crease incision so I am patiently waiting for my scars to heal ( I am Asian so they are dark right now). I am using the Scar Away silicone sheets and the scars have totally flattened and are smooth so now I just need them to fade.

Small is SEXY!!! 260cc Allergan Inspira Cohesive Gel low profile - Toronto, Ontario

Thought I would post a photo from my vacation at New Year's. I was 4 weeks post OP in the "after" photo. I wore water proof band aids on my incisions so they wouldn't get darker from the sun. I went swimming in the pool and the ocean and had no issues. It was a relaxing getaway and I was happy to reveal my new bikini body!

2 months post op!!!

I had my 2 month post op check up and my surgeon said that things have progressed really well for me so he doesn't need to see my at 4 months and will check up on me at 6 months. My scars are still red but he says that they look good because the line is straight and flat. I will be wearing the scar guard strips until my 6 month check up. My doctor is confident that as my breasts fill out more in the bottom, my scar will be completely hidden in the crease.

My breasts feel so natural and even bounce and jiggle like real boobs! I have started back into my regular "pre-op" workouts which involves lots of push ups, burpees, and planks. I jump rope for cardio and there hasn't been any issues there. They don't feel heavy which was a "pre-op" fear and I am so happy to be working out and exercising after being off for 6 weeks as per doctor's orders.

I am now free of my surgical bra and am cleared to wear any bra I want. I can also go bra-less at night. I went to Victoria Secret and am now a 32D which sounds huge but as you can see in my photos, I still look petite and subtle! I also went to a designer bra boutique and was sized at 32C in the Chantelle and Marie-Jo line. I still wear size SMALL in my bikinis and in my bralettes.

How a LOW profile implant looks - 260cc cohesive silicone gel

Just thought I would post some photos of my profile so you can see that you can get volume and a natural slope with a low profile implant. When I was doing my research on which profile I should get, it was very difficult to find photos of women who chose a low profile implant. I was nervous about my final choice but I trusted that my surgeon knew what he was doing.

I am happy with the fullness I have and the natural looking slope from my low profile implant.

Supermodel Inspirations...

When I was researching my "wish boobs", I looked up pictures of Victoria Secret models and found my inspiration for a natural but sexy look.

The models look like they are a full B cup but can totally play them up in their push bras which is exactly what I wanted to be able to do with mine.

Wish boob comparison...

My surgeon is a true artist! He totally understood the look I wanted and gave it to me...I think I look pretty close to my wish boobs!!!

Totally noticeable in my bikinis!

My ultimate goal of having this surgery was to fill out my bikini tops. I love going to the beach and I'm proud that I can still wear a bikini after having my 2 kids. Now that I am 40, I really wanted to be 100% confident in my bikini and I feel like my new boobs have done that for me.

I can show off my new boobs when I want on the beach and go totally unnoticed when I am covered up in my clothes. I feel like I got the best of both worlds! I like that I can play up my boobs if I want to look sexy and be totally modest under my clothes when I need to be.

Feeling confident at the beach! 4 months post op!!!!

I feel 100% "natural" and can't even remember what it was like not having these boobs! I am happy to be filling out my bikinis and wonder how my boobs will look 6 months post op....my surgeon say it take 6-12 months for them to take on their final shape.

Another beach vacation and feeling very confident!

I am now 5 months post op and I can't even remember having the surgery done! My boobs look and feel so natural that I feel like I have always had them. I am so happy I went through with the procedure and I have no regrets at all.

I think about how stressed out and worried I was about all the possible complications and the fear that kept me from going through with it years ago and I feel SO grateful that I've had such an amazing experience.

I just turned 41 but I feel like I am 29! And after this last beach getaway and seeing the 29 year old girls strutting in their bikinis, I think I looked just as good as they did and even better than some of them.

Body stats...

I never posted my body measurements. I am 5'4 and 125lbs. My BWD is 12.5cm and I was 32A pre-op.

I added a couple more photos to show how natural implants can look when you choose the right size to suit your body.

Before and After photos at 6 months post op...front view

I can't believe that I am now 6 months post op! Time has flown by and I continue to love my results. I am so happy I did this for myself but I have to admit that I sometimes think about possible complications that could happen in the future. Every time I feel some tightness in my boob I think that I have capsular contracture! And I do think about the day that I will have to replace them after 10 years...

But I am trying to focus on the now, and right now I love how I look naked and in a bikini! I

Before and After photos...side view

A low profile implant gave me the natural shape and slope I wanted!

Incision update

Because I am Asian, I still have a scar but it is slowly lightening and the most important thing for me is that it didn't turn into a keloid scar. I use the Scar Away strips during the day when I wear a bra and I use Bio Oil and Shea butter at night.

32C!!!

I measure a 32D at Victoria's Secret but I feel like their sizes are bigger. In all the high end designer lingerie bras I am a 32C which I feel is more accurate. I am obsessed with a line called Marie Jo from Belgium and their bra's start at $120. I like that they are lightly lined to hide any nipples but are not padded.

I am a size small in all bikini tops which I like because I can still wear some of my old bikini tops.

Low profile implants

There aren't many girls who get low profile implants...I think I am a rare case. I had to get them because I have a wide breast width. I needed an implant with a wide base and I wanted a low cc implant. I knew I was definitely not going to get anything over 300cc and a high implant under that amount has a narrow base diameter.

The low implant gave me a very natural looking slope and since I was after volume and fullness, projection was not something I wanted anyway.

Summer is here!!!

I am now 8 months post op and every day with my boobs I feel more and more confident. I am happy to show off my cleavage on the beach and feel good about still looking petite under clothing. NO ONE has questioned me or suspected which is exactly what I wanted. I fill out my bikinis the way I had hoped for and I like the way I can fill out strapless tops and tight tanks without looking over the top.

End of summer

Sad that bikini season is coming to an end. The confidence that I feel wearing my bikini is priceless. I am glad I got past all my fears and worries and did this for myself.

Scar update

I finally went to see my doctor for my 6 month follow-up appointment. Dr. Edelstein was super friendly and positive as always and answered all my questions. He took his time with me which I really appreciated. I like that I never feel rushed when I am with him. He was very happy with how everything has been healing.

My scar is slowly healing but being impatient, I asked the doctor what we can do to make the process happen faster. Because I have 2 tiny bumps on my right scar, he suggested that I have some steroid injected to smooth it out and help lighten it. I will be going on Tuesday to have the very minor procedure done. I hope it works!

Left scar

My left scar is smooth and is slowly lightening....

Profile update

My doctor was very happy with how natural looking my slope and profile is and how nicely they have dropped.

Comparison photos

It's crazy to think how flat I used to be! Seeing the comparison picture of me 9 months ago to now makes me so happy I made the decision to go through with this procedure!

I am so grateful of my amazing surgeon! He gave me the exact look I was dreaming about!
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

I am very happy with the results from Dr. Edelstein. He took the time during my consult to answer all of my questions and concerns and really talk with me to truly understand the look I was trying to achieve. His expertise and knowledge made me feel confident that he was going to do an amazing job. He is very professional but also so friendly and kind and I really felt like he cared about my well-being and giving me the results I wanted. Louise and Anita are very helpful with their advice and so flexible with booking appointments. They valued my time and always tried to work around my schedule. I loved that I never had to wait longer than five minutes to see the doctor. They were so patient with me when I was trying to choose my size and put up with my all my neuroses and anxiety with a smile! I am so happy that I chose Dr. Edelstein and I highly recommend him. He gave me the natural, subtle and sexy enhancement I asked for.