My Tattoo Removal - Toronto ON

Immediately after getting my tattoo and taking the...

Immediately after getting my tattoo and taking the bandage off I knew I hated it and it wasn't me. I didn't rush out and get it. I thought about it for a long time. But unfortunately I didn't end up loving it the way I thought I would. It's been almost a year and a half since I got it. I immediately started looking into removal options and went for a few consultations. I started removal only a few months after getting it.

I have now had 6 removal sessions. The first 5 were done with the medlite C6 laser. For my 6th treatment I switched to a new removal place because they have the new TATTX laser. I was started at a very low setting there since all my other sessions were at a different clinic and they didn't know how my skin was going to react. I have not noticed a difference since that treatment but I'm hoping when I go for my next session and the laser gets turned up I'll notice more fading. I really hope I can get rid of this thing, and without scarring. There are only a couple people who even know I have it and I hate the thought of anyone else seeing it. I dread summer because it's not exactly in a easy spot to hide.

I wanted to post a review because when I was looking for options I couldn't find many reviews from actual people undergoing removal.

I have a few photos I am going to try and post but I'm not sure of the exact date of them or what treatment it was. I don't have any recent ones since my sixth but nothing noticable has changed.

I went for my my 8th treatment yesterday. (3rd...

I went for my my 8th treatment yesterday. (3rd treatment with the Tattx laser). The laser was turned up to the highest setting and it hurt so bad! (They don't use numbing cream there - just cold air and ice packs for a couple minutes before). Immediately after the treatment my back felt super hot and sore but that didn't last for too long. Today it is just a little tender and very red.

I asked them to send my pictures to me so that I can post on here for everyone to see but I haven't received them yet. For now I tried taking a picture myself to show it but I apologize for the crappy quality! lol The picture definetly doesn't show how red it really is.

The tattoo is definetly lighter then before I started treatments but at the same time I was hoping for better results by now :(. The lady doing my treatment said she thought maybe 3 more sessions but said its hard to tell. I was told I would probably only need 3 or 4 treatments when I went for my Tattx consulation and it's already been 3! Hoping since they laser was turned all the way up this time I see greater fading (and no scarring).

I have also noticed this time that the spots with...

I have also noticed this time that the spots with lots of shading still left look sort of white / grey - I am hoping this isn't the start of scarring / hypopigmentation :S. Does anyone else experience this right after a treatment?

Had my 9th treatment yesterday

I had my 9th treatment yesterday. Ever since I started going to the new clinic I have had the same girl doing my treatments. When I went in yesterday I had somebody new doing them since the other one doesn't work there anyone. She asked how I felt about my fading and I mentioned I haven't noticed much of a change since switching to that laser. She said "Okay, well we can turn the laser up." The problem is the other girl doing my treatments has been telling me she was using the laser on a high setting. (The laser goes up to ten and she told me I was being treated on the highest setting.) When she said she could turn it up I mentioned that I was told it was already up as high as it would go and she said No, that I was being treated at 5. So she set it at 6.5 yesterday.
I'm not really sure which one of the technicians to believe lol. I felt like this session hurt a lot less and my skin looks a lot less damaged. If I was really only being treated at a 5 and she turned it I was expecting it to hurt more and looks a lot worse. I guess I will have to wait and see if I notice anymore fading. I am going to try and update a photo taken right after treatment yesterday.

9th treatment

I thought I would mention the white lines drawn on my back in case anyone is wondering. She said she was going to draw those and use them as a guide to make sure she didn't miss any spots.

photos

The clinic finally sent me the photos of my treatments. I have had four treatments total there and looking at the pictures I really do not notice a different from the first one until now. Very discouraging :(

Finally scheduled my 10th session!

Well it has been about 6 months since I have posted so I figured I should post an update. I have posted a recent picture. Keep in mind that the picture makes the tattoo look more faded then it actually is. I also made a side by side comparison of before any treatments and the most recent picture. I haven't had any more treatments since my last one in July but I have finally scheduled one for a couple weeks from now. I was hoping if I took a break I would notice a lot more fading. I'm hoping this next treatment will make a big difference. Has anyone else taken a long break from treatments? Did you notice better fading on your next laser session after taking a break?
Such a long process but hoping it is worth it in the end. :( Still a long ways to go and hoping a full removal is possible.

10th treatment

I went in for my 10th session yesterday. It was quite painful. The clinic I go to doesn't use numbing cream - only ice packs. But they left the ice packs on a little longer then usual yesterday so I think that helped a bit. My back is quite red today. The area is quite raised and it looks like I have some small blisters. I do notice some spots that are looking grey/white. Not sure if this is just reaction from the laser being turned up or if this is a sign of scarring. I hope not. They said last time I was treated at 6.5 - Yesterday they turned it up to 8.5. I have posted a photo taken about 24hrs after the treatment. All the ointment makes it kind of hard to see. I asked the clinic to send me my before and immediately after picture so when I get those I will post them.

I'm also in Toronto and am in the process of removing a tattoo, would you be ok to mention the names of the two clinics you have been to? Your fading looks amazing! I'm seeing alright results with the clinic I'm with now and am looking for a second opinion.
It sounds like your 10th session was a doozzey...mine was also, that's why I'm taking a break to recuperate the mind, body and the finances. My ink area went silvery, which was a new reaction, but now five months later things are looking very good. Not as good as your results, but anything along the centre of the body has better results because of the circulatory system. Rest, lotion, drink water and stay positive. You'll do terrific, just as you've always done. And keep in mind what I always say about the scar silicone sheets, they are amazing, reusable and relatively inexpensive. And they work. Good luck. You're doing a fantastic job.
Ah palmtree, hang in there, hun! I can't imagine the pain at 8.5 but it'll all be worth it. Try to take longer breaks to allow your skin to heal properly. From what I can see, the blistering you're experiencing is quite normal. Make sure you don't pick at it as it'll become quite itchy! I buy liquid vitamin E to put on mine. I also put numbing cream beforehand, since I know they don't. How is the new technician? About to start my fourth treatment now so I'll make sure to get on that update as soon as I can!
Hi there (: Your tattoo has faded a lot a lot ever since you started the removal! Keep going on! I'm sure with patience if will all soon be completely gone (: And may I ask how did you find the medlite C6 to be? Isit really of no effect? That's why you switch to tattx? Cause I'm about to start on medlite c6 as there isn't any picosure in singapore. Would love to hear from you how you think medlite c6 is. Thanks for posting your reviews, really helpful (:
My first 5 treatments were done with the Medlite C6 and I did notice a change. A lot of my shading was removed by the Medlite. I only switched to Tattx because I read it was supposed to be quicker and less damaging to the skin and I was concerned about scarring.
I highly recommend the silicone scar patches. I picked them up at Walmart in the US, but I'm sure they're available in Canada. I had some raised areas and the scar patches did the trick. Massage is also a wonderful option, especially a lymphatic drainage massage. I go to a massage school so it's more affordable. Eating healthy, drinking lots of water, flush out the system, vitamins, and the biggie, reduce the stress. This is hard. I do yoga, meditate and walk a lot. Exercise, fresh air, does the body and mind good. One thing I've learned through this whole process is patience, positive attitude and perseverance. It takes time. Good luck with your removal. I'm excited to see your fading results, they're amazing. And I like hearing about your experience with Tattx, we don't have that here. Only the trivantage, but I'm having fantastic results and am not so stressed out. Good luck!
You're doing great, I bet your results after this session will bring you a sigh of relief! I think it's faded so much, and you don't have much more to go! Hang in there, your results are so encouraging to others. Happy Healing!!
Thank you! I hope so. I'm really worried about the white and raised areas this time as I think I may end up with scarring after this one. I'm always so worried until it starts healing because my skin just looks so awful. I asked the technician how many more treatments she thought I would need and she said at least another 4. I have a feeling it will be more because the fading is so gradual. All I can do is wait and see.
Your fading is amazing. Take a break from the laser sessions obviously did some good. I am also taking a break. MY last session was in Sept 2013, it was my tenth (I was having R20 after session #2) and waiting until next Summer. The location of your tattoo also has done you an advantage. The closer to the center of your body, the more favourable results. Even if the photo doesn't show the true fading, you mentioned it doesn't look as faded in real life, the results are amazing. Maybe it's the TATTX, maybe it's the location, maybe it's the ink, whatever it is, the fading is stunning. Good luck and thanks for sharing. It gives me hope. aloha...k
Hi, Ive started removal on a few tattoos (one especially solid bold and black) and have had positive results with the Medilite 6. Have you been happy with your choice to switch to a place that uses a different laser? I feel a lot of the results can vary greatly depending on the skill of the technician as well. I initially talked to SO many different tattoo removal places as well as doing my own research online and finally came across a place I trusted enough to proceed. The amount of information out there is unbelievable and everyone has a different opinion on what works best, forgetting that there will always be a varied result to some degree. Its been enlightening reading through all of your posts as well as comments left by other people. Keep it up, it'll be worth it. I have found that using 99% aloe gel on the areas 24-48 hours post treatment really helps healing and potential of scarring. I have been using it religiously a couple times a day on the areas treated (thigh, stomach, ankle). The niacinamide it provides (B vitamin) is extraordinary for healing. Good luck! Looks like youre almost there.
Seriously - wow!!! Looks great, thank you for doing the picture update Yes I have taken a break Blackberry11  My last session was September and I have noticed it continues to fade. I am thinking about another treatment soon. Are you noticing any scarring? Best of luck on you next treatment- you are going to have amazing results!
Thank you! Unfortunately I think I still have a long ways to go because the fading is so gradual but hopefully one day this thing will be completely gone because a cover up is definitely not an option for me. I'm not sure about scarring - I had lots of hypo-pigmentation spots before getting the tattoo (which can be seen in the pictures now that the ink is fading). I feel like there might be some scarring in the spots that still have quite a bit of ink (the flowers seeds and shading in between flowers). Its hard to say at this point though. The artist also used white ink in the centre of the little flowers and that has actually turned a darker grey now so hopefully that is temporary. I know you are concerned about scarring from your treatments - have you considered trying a different laser? I switched from the Medlite to Tattx because I read that scarring was much less likely with it. Good luck to you as well!
Hang in there, you are doing great! I understand that white can turn black or darker and in my research (as I was concerned too as he used white on mine as well) it does clear eventually, although nothing is 100% guaranteed. I have a very good feeling that you will see very good results in time.

Keep us posted.
Oh and re trying another laser, yes, I have been thinking about it forsure,  my fingers are crossed the Picosure will arrive in Toronto soon.
Hey Palmtree, I have taken up to 5+month breaks in b/w treatments and have noticed it continually fade during that time- as well as get better results from the laser after all of that wait time. Your results look really good; it has faded a LOT! I personally found spacing treatments out to a few months (3-4) has benefited my results...good luck!!
I'm just so thrilled for you! It's almost gone! I think full removal is very possible for you! It is such a long and grueling process though. Hang in there dear! You are doing great!
Hi Palmtree, I've had three treatments so far with TattX and am pretty happy with the results but need another three for sure. I was wondering if you would recommend MedLite? Judging from your pictures, it seems to have a lot more redness than TattX, I've only ever had the setting up to 6 so I can't imagine what 10 would feel like! I had Steph working on me (you probably did too). Last question, are the white marks from MedLite? Have they disappeared?
Sorry I just saw this message now! I definitely noticed more scabbing and longer healing times with the MedLite. I had quite a bit of redness after my Tattx treatments except the last one. (Because I believe they turned the laser down). I don't know what my setting were with the MedLite because they wouldn't tell me.I switched to Tattx because I read it is much less damaging to your skin with less chance of scarring. Yes, I had Steph for my first 3 of 4 Tattx treatments but she is no longer there which is why I have not went back for another treatment yet. I have been trying to get a hold of the clinic the past couple weeks to mention my concerns with my last treatment but they are impossible to get through to. I had a lot of white spots (hypopigmentation) before getting the tattoo - the reason I originally got it actually. I know I mentioned some spots looking white / grey after my 8th treatment - they don't look as white now - maybe that is just part of the fading. Its hard to tell if I have any scarring or hyper/hypo pigmentation from removal because my back just looks like such a mess right now with a half faded tattoo and previous hypopigmentation. I really hope I don't. It's been almost 6 months since my last treatment and I haven't really noticed much additional fading :(. I would love to see your progress with Tattx - do you have a review posted?
Hey palmtree - sorry for the delay in my reply this time! Ok so I'll stick with my initial research and stay with TattX then! I absolutely loved Steph, and now I'm afraid to go back and get someone who doesn't know what they're doing though I highly doubt it to be the case... If I remember the last time I went was up to a 5 or 6 and it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced so I don't know how I'll be able to keep going up... but we do, because no pain, no gain! If you want to get through, simply leave your number saying you'd like to book a session ( ...that should speed up the call-back! ) I've never experienced pigmentation so it's good to know it fades over time. I'd like to post a review before my next session but I have to find the photos first! It's been about 6 months since my last session and a break only did wonders. I wanted to enjoy summer and give my skin a break, even so I've noticed it fading even more so I highly recommend it if you've been going at it for a while. Best of luck to you! Keep your head up.
I feel the same way with not wanting a different technician. I just got comfortable thinking she knew what she was doing and then I got someone new. I finally booked another appointment for a couple weeks from now. I asked who will be doing it this time and it is going to be a different person once again. I'm always afraid I'm going to get someone inexperienced and they will somehow mess up and scar me. I think I'm just worrying myself though because I want this thing gone so bad and scarring has been one of my biggest concerns from the very beginning. If you do post a review I would really love to see it! I hope your tattoo is fading well!
I know the feeling, I was just as nervous the first time I met Steph, but then you come to trust them. All you need to do is make sure to tell them the last time you were at 6 (for example) and want to see results as you were left disappointed last time, I'm sure whoever is there will do a great job. Do let me know how it goes! In the meantime I'll get searching through all my memory cards to find those photos and post a review of my own.

Hi :) Wondering how you are making out with your treatments, it's been awhile since you updated and I know you were feeling a little discouraged. Have you noticed any additional fading?

Hi! Thanks for checking in :). I haven't had any more treatments yet. Still feeling pretty discouraged because I haven't really noticed anymore fading. But I haven't taken any recent pictures to compare. I was actually trying to call the clinic today to ask about my settings and try to find out why I was told two different things about my settings from the staff. I didn't get through though so I'm going to try again tomorrow. I think I will try and go for another treatment soon. Really hoping one day this thing will actually be gone.
If your area has the Picosure laser, I recommend you use it. I have a full black tattoo and I've noticed much more fading with it, compared to the Yag or Ruby laser.
Do you have a review posted on here? As far as I know there is no Picosure laser near me. The closest one is about 4 hours away from me. How many treatments have you had? Have you noticed any scarring?