My up and down journey

After losing 30 lbs since 2009 I am so happy that...

After losing 30 lbs since 2009 I am so happy that I finally did what I Needed to do in order to rid myself of my unsightly middle back rolls. A flat stomach only looks so good until you realise there are "back boobs" behind it. I am an active girl, workout 5 times a week and do crossfit twice a week. Try to eat under 1900 calories a day, and love my new shape.

I am only one week out, having done the lip on April 5th, and it has been an up and down healing battle. Day 1-4 I was home, back at work on days 5 and 6 but on day 7 had to stay home because I woke up very tight and sore.

SO far I am seeing reswults. On day 5, after working all day, i took off the garment to see massive swelling, almost as if I had not had any lipo done at all but today it looks better. I realise its a marathon, not a sprint.

I am happy that I can finally wear a proper size 10 and not have to go up to a 12 to give me space for my back fat. I cant wait to rock a bikini in Vegas in July!

Update: Today is April 15th. 11 days post op and...

Update: Today is April 15th. 11 days post op and its the first time I've woken up virtually pain free. I'm still swollen in spots, and usually swelling later in the daya fter moving around a lot, but none of the usual morning pain and tightness!

One thing I have noticed; a very small but hard lump that has appeared in an area that has bruising. Nothing was lipo'd from there so I'm wondering what it is.

April 19- I am swollen tonight. I'm getting mildly...

April 19- I am swollen tonight. I'm getting mildly sad because I look great one day, then flabby the next. Can anyone tell me what a real swelling recovery time is like? Im having trouble believing the doctors that it can take over a month.

So I am officially 3 weeks PO and looking...

So I am officially 3 weeks PO and looking fantastic one morning, then crappy by the end of the week. I seem to look my best in the morning, but now my swelling is getting awkward and buldgy and im getting mildly depressed over all of this. Also experiencing some pain again.

1 month post-op: I am one month post tomorrow....

1 month post-op: I am one month post tomorrow. It's been a recurring trend in my posts that I've been upset and unhappy about my results and the whole journey. Today I am hugely depressed and regretful of going through the procedure and parting with my cash. I wish i had just loved myself enough to not do it because I am lopsided, uneven, and while smaller, i have not seen the change I was expecting. I wanted 100% difference...instead I got MAYBE a solid 65-70% improvement. I want to cry right now and if I could reverse it all, I would and then work on loving my body as I am and not wanting to change it.

hopefully it gets better because this is the new me and im stuck with it.

May 06 Thought I'd update because I am in a...

May 06

Thought I'd update because I am in a much better emotional place. Last week, somehow, I became a huge wreck so to anyone who reads my posts, I'm sorry for the negative tone! Im much happier and looking better this week. This up and down is crazy!

still a bit sore when I wear a bra though, it's so weird to NOT wear a bra, so Im trying to strike a balance (Wear it only at work..then ditch it for my non work time)

6 weeks

6 weeks postop officially and my swelling on the right side has returned. Really happy with how the leftisde looks but wake up swollen on the right. Seeing my doc tomorrow for my 6 week follow up so hopefully he can shed some light on all of this. I tried working out but it left me realy puffy so Im STILL trying to take it easy.

6 Week followup and 7 week photo

I saw my doctor for my 6 week follow up. He said the majority of the swelling is gone and now it is my job to go to the gym to tighten everything up. When i flex my back muscles, the skin seems to tighten and sit nicely, but when loose it kind of rolls SO today I start crossfit again.

The only discouraging part is that he did note the pocket of fat that is on the right side (left in my pics) and said we could revisist that in another 6 weeks when I see him again to see if a little bit more is necessary. Why not just take it all the first time, ya know? But if its not expensive, Id do it under local just to be totally even.

Still feeling a bit of pain if i do cardio too hard, and backrubs from the bf are feeling good for that.

Clothing Up date: I can FINALLY wear jersey knit dresses and not have two buldges in my back. This was a big clothing test this week sicne I am now garment free and i LOVE how clothes look on me. Now to get it all in bikini shape and we're good to go!

2 months post op- Depressed and unhappy

I don't think I'm going to post here anymore because I'm no longer able to offer positive enouragement or positive feedback regarding my prodedure. I found out he only removed 500 cc's in total so only 250 from each side and frankly, the results are not what I wanted and not what I expected. I still roll when I wear a bra, and the creases in the skin are still there. Had I known that I would not have achieved the back I wanted, I would have told my surgeon to be more aggresive or just not wasted my money at all

To everyone who IS happy, a huge congrats and may you all have speedy, comfortable healing processes. A lot of you look fantastic, Im just sad that I can't be part of the "Before and After" club.

And a huge Thank you to everyone who has supported me on here!

2 months and 2 weeks post op.

This is how I look today. Is this all in my head? I feel as if something has gone horribly wrong. this looks like a before pic not an after pic! Any ideas?!

The ups and downs

I have to attribute yesterday to just a bad day. I look better today. Not great, but better. Trying to take my patience pills hahaha

oh and apple cider vinegar :P

Looking worse and worse- revisions?

This might sound exagerated but my rolls are getting progressively worse every day as my photos will show.

Has anyone had revision or touch up? Im at 3 months now and want to correct my appearance. Heck I want my old back back where I only had one roll, not multiple!!!! (that sounds funny to write) Any ideas on what the recovery period of revision is? the cost related? I can't tell if my doctor was just not good at what he did, or if this is somehow my fault. Note that my weight is the exact same as it was the day I got surgery so i cant even infer as to why this is happening! Thoughts or ideas would be welcome.

Trying to stay positive by focusing on what I love about my body and what Looks great and just avoid looking at my back in the mirror!

Just keeps getting worse!

I guess pics don't lie. I look worse every day! I think at this point all I can really do is laugh. What are the odds that out of all the surgeries that are performed each year, Im the one that it DOESN'T work on. Emailed my doc with no response. I plan to raise hell at my appt in two weeks.

Just a quickie

Just a quick update. Still not 100% satisfied and the skin seems to be not tightening. Doctor recommended either a back lift, or laser tightening which he doesn't do. I dont want a back lift at 26. Left kind of helpless but accepted that yeah the rolls are smaller so maybe thats a good thing. Who knows.