2nd Treatment in 1 Year - Toronto, ON

Procedure Day I had my 2nd Fractional CO2...

Procedure Day I had my 2nd Fractional CO2 treatment today, 10 months after my first treatment. So far so good, but this time less bleeding. I wil be posting before/after photos in a few days. The first treatment was great, looking forward to the results this time around.

Start of day 1: today it's a lot more obvious...

Start of day 1: today it's a lot more obvious that I had a treatment but the pain has subsided and the redness and swelling has increased.

Day 2: Skin still swollen, red but turning...

Day 2: Skin still swollen, red but turning darker, starting to itch. Showering regularly, and washing with spectrogel.

Day 3: Skin is starting to rub off when occlusive ointment applied. I seem to recall this happening last time around the end of Day 3 - everything seems to be healing faster. Still very itchy and red/dark.

Day 4: A lot of the dead skin has come off, it doesn't peel just seems to come off when I wash it I guess or when I put on the occlusive ointment. Face looks almost back to normal but forehead still very dark and hasn't peeled completely yet, so keeping the occlusive ointment on. Still very sun tanned looking. I tried to not reapply the occlusive ointment around 4pm onwards but skin now feels just very dry, so I have reapplied but I think I should be ok to return to work tomorrow.

Overall, I'm surprised at how more smooth the healing has been this time around. I think the treatment was equally aggressive but maybe it wasn't such a shock to my skin like last time. I still expect dramatic results but I experienced less discomfort, and I healed faster. Tomorrow I return to work, will let you know how I feel after using my regular skin care regimen and with makeup. This week I will be shopping for a good BB Cream and a sunhat to preserve the results.

Hi. Who in Toronto did your laser? Would you recommend them? Was it Fraxel laser?
Thank you!
I healed faster this time around so I might have been able to wear makeup partially on Day 4, overall my face just seemed dry, so by Day 5 wearing makeup was a breeze. I was about a day ahead in my healing time as the first time by Day 5 I wore makeup but my face was really dry...I will post pics in the days to come. Everything looks great!

Glad you are healing up well - looking forward to seeing the pictures! :)

Appreciate you laying out what each day was like - good info!

So, how did getting ready go today? Were you able to put make-up on without much discomfort?

"...she would do a little extra in certain areas,..."

Is that why the 2nd treatment was more expensive than the first?

I read from your previous thread that you have acne scarring. I can not tell where your scars are located so I assume the procedure improved a lot of your scars. Would you mind zooming in those areas? That would be nice and thank you for doing this.

I would like to do this procedure as well; however, I might leave my acne scars as they are if the results you're getting are marginal.
The first time around a little extra was done on my acne scarring, and I think the price difference is just an increase. I am having difficulty taking really good pics because I can't seem to find ideal lighting, but I will try. I would not never just leave it even if the results were marginal...any improvement has been positive for me. The acne scarring has been less visible with this procedure, and I will see in a few days their further results.

Good to hear the pain has subsided! Is the swelling uncomfortable, or is just more that you notice by the way it looks?

The swelling is not uncomfortable, I can't really feel it so yes its something I see....the swelling can make it all very discouraging but since this is my 2nd time around, I know more what to expect and am not to worried about the swelling.
My doctor said she would do a little extra in certain areas, but I think overall it has been equally aggressive. The best way I can describe F-CO2 is that it somehow removes poor skin and replaces it with healthy skin, either the result of smoking, toxins, sun damage etc. Now whether thats exactly true I'm not sure, but thats how it seems. So going in this second time, there seems to be less to improve on so I expect my results to be really good, if that makes sense. Right now everything looks very ugly but that shouldn't discourage anyone, it usually gets a lot better, but I know that now having done this before.

Thanks for starting your review - looking forward to seeing your photos & hearing what changes you see in your skin!

Did your doctor get a little more aggressive with the second treatment, or was it about the same as the first one?