37 and About to Take the Plunge - Toronto, ON

So after years of having big breasts I have...

So after years of having big breasts I have decided to take the plunge and get them reduced. i have a range of emotions from scared,nervous to happy and excited. i think excitement weighs out all the other emotions. just the thought of being able to not wear a bra is exciting! Right now i wear a bra to go get juice in my kitchen cause i live in a shared household and I am embarrassed to wear them without a bra. i am still pretty early in the stages. i had my first consultation done and now i am gathering $$$$ to pay for the surgery. i am hoping to push and get it done in August so wish me luck.

This site has been a great forum for information and support and i hope i get continued support as i plan and go through my surgery.

I have paid down for the reconstructive work and...

I have paid down for the reconstructive work and now my claim is being sent into OHIP yaaaay.....wish me luck that they approve me for the health insurance.

If all goes well I am going to have the surgery on the 31st of July 2012....EXCITED !!!!!!

Hi Everyone.....my surgery has been confirmed for...

Hi Everyone.....my surgery has been confirmed for the 31st of July ....exactly one week from now. I'm starting to get nervous. This is happening so quickly but I know I have made the right choice. Does anyone gave any tips on what to prepare and how the furst couple if days will be? Will I be sleeping all day? On a scale of 1-10 how bad is the after pain. I'm also confused about the bandages.Do you actually get to see your new boobs in the first few days or do you have to wait? Gosh sooooo many questions now.

Hi I picked up my prescription today. Sooo many...

Hi I picked up my prescription today. Sooo many tablets. It seems so real now....yikes !!!! I have followed the advice and bought myself some laxatives and some gravol for after. I have a slight flu so I am trying to get rid of it. Lots of cleaning planned for this weekend and then relaxing until Tuesday.

CANCELLED !!! My surgery was cancelled !!!!!!! .....

CANCELLED !!! My surgery was cancelled !!!!!!! ...not a joke ! Rebooked for the 07th August 2012

I had my first post op visit today and all went...

I had my first post op visit today and all went well. Thye said I am very swollen but that is due to all the iv and the liposuction. They still can't tell me what cup size I will be but that's ok...they are noticably SMALLER !!!

I have gotten clearance to shower but don't think I am ready to tackle that today...I don't do well with blood and nearly passed out when thye took off my bra. I still havent looked at them....I'll see how I feel tommorow.

Can someone tell me how their first couple showering experiences were? I have to shower and apply polysporin.

So far so good...I am sleeping plenty and I am...

So far so good...I am sleeping plenty and I am eating quite a bit. My belly is really swollen and they say that is due to the lipo....has anyone experienced that? It feels so good knowing what all you guys were talking about...I look down and I see these perfect round mounds and I cant believe they are mine lol !!!!

I'll come back and update you guys tommorow but for now all is well !!! Much better than I ever imagined!!! Sooooo happpppyyy

HI ladies...just checking in !!! Tuesday will be a...

HI ladies...just checking in !!! Tuesday will be a week since the operation and I am manageing fairly well. I had a weak day yesterday where my energy was low and appetite wasnt the greatest but other than that I have been fine.

I am not sure if I am as small as I would have liked to be but I think I am still really swollen so hopefully they will go down a bit. Any which way there is a notable difference and the pressure on my back and neck is gone. I only have some discomfort as I have been only sleeping on my back.

Healing seems to be going well...I am due for a visit on Tuesday to remove my stiches. Bathing is going slowly but getting better each day. The breasts look a little oddly shaped but I am sure that will settle in time. I have to keep reminding myself that this was major surgery !!! and they aren't going ot look perfect right away. I am really excited to see the finished result in a year or so !!!

How is everyone else doing?

Hi Ladies, So I am officially one week post op...

Hi Ladies,

So I am officially one week post op !!! I had my second visit this morning to remove my staples !!! Not the horrific experience I thought it was going to be....in fact I didnt feel a thing.

They said all looks good so far. a few incisions under the breast crease need some heavy application of the polysporin as they are still seeping but all in all it looks good. My left breast was larger than the right breast so the liposuction was more aggressive on that side. It has resulted in a funny looking flap of bulging flesh...they said its decreased from last week but I may need a revision. Not to worried cause it can be done under local anesthetic and the main thing is it can be FIXED if need be.

All in all I am happy. I still think I could be a little smaller but I am hoping when all the swelling subsides and they settle in that I will be 100 % happy. I am still amazed that the pain was non existent and that all my previous back pains and neck pains are gone !!!!

I still don't have final measurements of what was removed but it sounds like it was a little less than 1 pound per breast! I still reach out and feel for them on my belly in my sleep hahahahahaha but they aren't there !!!

Other than that my energy levels ar eok...appetitie ok....again this has been a really good experience and anyone who is thinking about it should really just do it. The build up and the mind games before is the worst part lol !!! Having the surgery and recuperating is the easy part!

Hope everyone is doing well....I will be in touch again soon....

love and light to all !!!

Hi Ladies, Feeling very good....took a trip to...

Hi Ladies,

Feeling very good....took a trip to the mall today. I thought I would be able to resist trying on a bra but I couldn't even though I am not my true size yet hahahahaha...its a toss up between a d or a c as expected but I just cant figure it out yet...both looked ok. Maybe when I am healed up more I will go for some professional sizing.

Other than that most things are back to normal ....I am driving, walking, etc....I am not getting as tired as easily as I was last week which is good. I am really bored being at home so I am returning to work on Monday....going back for 6 hour days for the first week and then back to normal after.

Hope everyone is A OK !!!

hi how are you just checking on ya what size where you before and what size are you know?
I was a DD or DDD depending.....now I am a small D...or C depending on the bra.

Yay Berly! Sounds like you are rocking this whole recovery thing! Take it easy on Monday. It is a lot different feeling good at home when you know you can lie down at any time than it might be at work. Don't try to do too much, but certainly enjoy strutting your stuff with your new little boobs!
I"ve wanted this surgery for years. My back is in constant pain. I have an appointment on Wednesday, August 22, to schedule a reduction surgery. Liked your blog. I have cancelled this surgery 3x before. This time I'm going through with it. ANY WARNINGS for me. How long is the healing process. So happy for you:)

Welcome Mailbu! Stick around here and you will find plenty of support and encouragement during your journey and we will certainly be your cheerleaders until you are actually done with your surgery this time! Good luck at your consult!
HI Malibu....I haven't been online in a while. Have you already scheduled your surgery? This is the best thing I have ever done !!! I look at my old pictures and I can't remember the big boobs to be honest !!!
HI Iowa71....how are you? It's been a long time. I still have to post up my after pics. Will try to do so this weekend!!! I am still loving every part of this experience. I went bra shopping and for the first time I found a strapless bra that FIT....no boob spillage anywhere !!! The bra fit nice and flat on my boobs...HEAVEN !!!! hahahahahaha
Great to hear you're feeling so well Berly! Terrific news! Have fun showing off the new rack on Monday - lol!!

Glad you are doing so well, Berly!

It really is very early and your size and shape will definitely change. At first they are so high and firm, but they will soften and settle over the next several weeks. Give yourself plenty of opportunity to rest and heal and the swelling will go down even more quickly. I'm so glad that you can already notice a difference in your aches. It really is amazing what an immediate improvement this is! Keep us updated! Will be anxious to see some pictures!

I took my first shower after just a couple of days. I loved it. When I took my first shower I just stood with my back to the water and let it cascade over me. It felt so good and was relaxing. With each shower I got a little more bold and would look at them and wash them. It took some courage, but after I got over the initial shock I enjoyed looking at them and watching the subtle changes each day as they became more like real boobs. Get your rest, drink plenty of water, and keep us updated!
Hey Ladies,

So far this has been a great experience other than my throat is scratching from when they pulled out the breathing tube :-).....breasts feel tight but a noticable difference. They removed 400 grams per breast and anticipate I am a full C or a small D.

I got up to go to the bathroom last night and I looked at myself and I HAVE A WAIST !!! Who knew??? hahhahahaha

No vomiting but I felt very nauseous sometime this morning....nothing a gravol didn't cure. I am eating lightly for now ...slice of toast , some OJ etc...I have a post op visit today at 10:30 so I am going to start getting ready. Just wanted to check in and say his to my incredible support team !!!
Berly!

So glad to hear you're up and about! And STONED! You posted your update in the comments section.....CAN'T YOU HANDLE A FEW T3s?!?

If you have the energy and the inclination, come back after your appointment and tell us how you're feeling today and how yesterday went. We're all rooting for a seamless recovery for you and can't wait to hear the details. SO glad this got DONE this time! You earned this one (in many ways!) m'dear! Thinking happy, healing thoughts for you :)
...and btw, that throat thing disappears about day 3/4, but gets better every day in between. Forgot about that; thankfully!
Yay Berly!!! You made it this time - lol!! So glad to hear from you :) Tell us everything when you're up to it. Rest comes first! Decoder ring in the mail!
Congrats Berly!!! Happy Healing.

Piggles where is her decoder ring? LOOL
hiiiiiii !!!! I am out and home and I feel FABULOUS !!! Still quite groggy so I am off to sleep but wanted to say hi and thanks for all your support.

Berlyboo
Hey girl! Bet you are glad it is all done and behind you now. Get some rest..give us the details when you feel up to it. Congrats!!

Hey Berly! How are you? Hope all went well for you today!! If nothing else, would just appreciate an "I'm done!" update! So excited to hear!
BERLS!!!!

It's here!! It's really here!!!

Sending you enormous waves of happy thoughts and positive energy! You are going to ROCK this surgery! Can't wait for you to check-in afterwards so we KNOW you didn't get your ass kicked to the curb again - lol!

By the time you read this, you will have the booblette's of which you've dreamed. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your ring is with engraving as I type! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

Every gory detail as soon as you're up for it! Like now. Kidding (not really).
Thanks Starlite....I'm up and very calm. I hope you are doing well with your recovery....Piggles get my ring ready !!!! hahahahahahaha love all you ladies !!!!
Berly....will be thinking of you tomorrow. You will do great. Update us as soon as you are up to it. Can't wait to hear everything!!
hey peeps....surgery is tommorow at 1 pm :-).....hoping and wishing for good things....please keep me in your thoughts and prayers !!!!
Just stopped by to say enjoy your last (long) weekend with the big 'uns, because you are about to experience one of the GREATEST joys EVER!
Stay motivated! I need a BR now but i am waiting till next year due to insurance.