28 Years Old, 130 Lbs, 5"4, Two Kids. Finally Getting Rid of my Inverted Nipple and Stomach - Toronto, ON

I am finally after year and years of hating my mid...

I am finally after year and years of hating my mid section, going to do something about it. I am having my upper and lower abdominal, and flanks liposuctioned. I have been on this sight for about a year or so checking out other people's results, debating between a tummy tuck (because of stretch marks on the front of my stomach) and liposuction. I decided on liposuction and see how the skin looks afterwards. The main reason I started looking in plastic surgery was to correct my inverted nipple; the liposuction was added during the consult. I was born with severely inverted nipples, which still wouldn't stay out after 18 month of Breastfeeding. As for stomach, I was an over weight child, got very heavu when I was pregnant, and have fluctuated with my weight for my whole life. Now that I am able to maintain 125-135 lbs, I'm ready to get rid of the extra fat I have around my mid section. I'm nervous but I know this will increase my self confidence and finally feel comfortable looking at myself in the mirror.

Pre-op complete. 8 days to go

Everything's paid for, the surgery date is booked, and all I have to do is show up. I am nervous. I've spend the past several days stocking this site getting a feel for what to expect post surgery. I'm hoping everything will go great.
I'm feeling kinda shitty because we just moved and I ate a lot of food I shouldn't have. Maybe gained 5 lbs, which makes me feel out of whack. I'll repost in a few days.

5 days and counting

I went out over the last few days and made sure that I had what I needed. I'm also looking into getting a second compression garment. I have read that It is extremely beneficial to have two. This whole process has been difficult for me because nobody knows. Most people in my life aren't supportive of this and only offer negative comments . So I can't talk about how I'm feeling about this. At least I have my husband (which is great but I am extremely vocal and have a hard time keeping things from the rest of the people in my life).

This may sound stupid, but I'm nervous about how I'm going to feel about my body after the surgery is done. I've always had a stomach and inverted nipples. I've never fully felt confident with my self. I'm really hoping that this will give me the ability to have something else on my mind, other than how I look and feel in my clothes.

5 more days

Nerve are getting the best of me

I've always been an emotional eater. So the last 3 days my diet has been a little unhealthy. Not horrible, but not great. So obviously I feel bad for it. I finally realized why I feel scared about what I'll feel towards my body after the surgery. The way my stomach looks pushes me harder in the gym. I'm afraid that without it, I'll become complacent and allow myself to not push as hard. I know that I won't let that happen, but my mind is running on Hugh gear right now. Over thinking every situation.

Anyways 2 more days :/

Less than 24 hours!!!!

I'm trying not to think about it much. Mostly I'm upset that I won't be able to work out the way I'm used to for awhile. I gain weight easily and don't like the idea of sitting around for so long.
I'm adding more pics before the big day tomorrow.

I accidentally posted my previous review under liposculpture. So I had the procedure today and I've been nauseous, and I'm in a bearable amount of pain (but I'm keeping up with my pain pills). I threw up once but felt less nauseous after that. My nipples hurt. So I have to keep the garments on and the bandage over my nipple on until Monday, so I'll update with pictures then.

9 hrs post op

This will be a short update. Every since I woke up I've felt nauseous, evan after the gravol. I've thrown up once but the nausea was better after that.
The pain is bearable, but the freezing (which is wearing off so we will see how the night goes). I've taking my pain med on time to avoid to much pain. My nipples are starting to ache also.

I have to keep the garment and pads on until Monday so I'll update with pictures then.

I posted in the wrong procedure

I didn't get liposculpture, I got liposuction :)

1 day post op

I normally sleep on my side.... Now I have to sleep in my back. Thankfully I'm a good sleeper and only woke up twice, one of which was to take my pills; I also have to avoid a seated position which is difficult. It's soo hard to not get up to clean and organize my house. There's only soo many video game I can play lol.

Anyways, everything hurts when I stand up, but I can't feel too much when lying down. I am keeping up on my pain pills so that makes it tolerable. My lower abdomen, sides of my hips and about 6 inches down my upper thighs are numb; kinda like when you get freezing from the dentist. Apparently that's normal though.
I really want to see the results, having to wait 4 more days is brutal lol. I can't even get an idea because I have foam under there; which I'm thankful for because I've read lots of reviews from women expressing how the hooks and zippers dig in.

All in all, I am happy with the pain I'm experiencing and the recovery so far :)

A few more pics

3 days post op

So, I'm swollen which is expected. There's some dark bruising where I can actually see. I haven't gone to the bathroom since Wednesday, which really sucks. its time to take laxatives. And it's really painful around the crease in my outer thigh when I stand up, kinda like I'm wearing underwear that's way to tight for way to long, almost a burning like pain. My upper thighs and lower abdomen are still numb. Can't wait till
Monday to take everything off and see the results.

5 day post op pics

I got to shower :)
Is it normal to not see great difference after 5 days? He said he took out 1400cc's. I'm so new I don't know if that's a lot. The nipples are the biggest different. They are raw though :(
I'll update more later. I'm a little emotions right now :/

2 week post op

So today I went and saw my surgeon and he says that everything is healing great. He used these awesome foam pads under my garment that prevented me from bruising where there were. He was very pleased with the progression so far. I expressed my concerns about not having enough taken out of my flanks, and he said that I'll see better results as the time passes. He explained that he took everything out of there, that they are swollen and because of gravity the swelling pooled in my flanks.
He is an amazing surgeon. On my way home my family and I stopped to eat,... Wild wings. Bad idea. I haven't eaten like that and it hurt my stomach :(
I felt like I deserved a treat lol. Since I've lost 10lbs since the surgery (3 of which was that lipo)
Anyways, I stopped taking the pain pills at about 11 days post op and I am not taking anything anymore.

4 weeks post op

I don't know if maybe one of you ladies can help me but has anyone felt unsatisfied with their lipo results at 4 weeks post op, and then ended up shrinking when all the swelling went down to where they were happy with the results?

4.5 weeks post op

Sorry I haven't posted anything recently. Here are some update pictures. The hardest part about this whole process, is not seeing the results you want and not knowing if it'll get there. On a positive note I've been working out again, so that makes me feel good :)

6 weeks today.

So, I'm 6 weeks and the more time passes, the more discouraged I get about my results. You can see in the pictures that I still have love handles. I still can't put my pants in and the largest part of my stomach had been 35 inches with no change for weeks. I'm not shinking at all. Not to mention the fact that my flanks are still tender. All I want out of this surgery was to not hang over my pant. I'm sad and it really upsets me because I was soo excited, and I got my hopes up. If I need a revision, I have to pay..... And didn't even have the extra money for it the first time. I hate looking in the mirror but can't help it. I've been eating chicken and vegetables, egg whites and oatmeal, counting carbs and calories. Eating exactly what I'm suppose to and working out. I can't seem to lose weight or inches. I feel defeated.

7.5 weeks post op.

I feel like I'm posting the same photos over and over again. Nothing new. My flanks still hurt and they are still numb. I only wear my compression garment at night now. It's been long enough it think. I go and see my surgeon on Tuesday. I really need so reassurance or something. I'll post after Tuesday.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

July So for I've had a consult, and he was great. Very honest, to the point, and didn't try to sell me anything I didn't need. I have my pre-op appointment in 5 days. Aug 13/2014 Very friendly and does an amazing job of easing anxiety. He explained the procedure thoroughly and make me feel very comfortable. I will definitely be going back to him for future procedures and will recommend him to others.