Incognito Braces

Im 25 years old and decided to get braces....

Im 25 years old and decided to get braces. Choosing Incognito was my decision and it was a big one because of the costs. My orthodontist is professional and intelligent and I ASSURE you that will make a difference in your outcome. Some of these stories sound horrible.

Incognito gets bonded to your teeth in TWO sessions, to allow you to adjust with minimal discomfort. I have the smallest jawline my ortho has ever seen and crowding mainly in my bottom teeth. As I am writing I have been wearing them for 6 days and it has been amazing. IF YOU PREPARE YOURSELF MENTALLY for this process and understand that you are going to have some adjustments you WILL BE FINE and thankful for this invention!

Literally invisible to the unassuming person these braces thus far are going to give me the smile I've always dreamed of! I need a dental implant to replace my canine and am removing a front bottom healthy tooth to create room to straighten my teeth as there is NONE! It may be a little scary and embarrassing to have a missing tooth, it'll be worth it when I have a straight white smile!

I will try to keep this up in hopes it'll help someone just like some of these reviews helped me decide and be confident about choosing Incognito as my dental option!

I have a tiny minimal lisp and in two weeks the top tracks will be bonded to my mouth. I am expecting some more initinal discomfort but again am preparing myself for what is to come. I have to wear these for the next 2 years and if this is the feeling I have to live with to get the smile I want, IT'S WORTH IT!

If you're a baby, and have low pain tolerance or just are a suck.. no matter if you get lingual or regular braces... it's going to hurt. So be brave and get yo teef straight!!!!

Thank you for sharing your story!  Please, please, please post pictures!!!  We want to see your before, but it'd also be great to see how the braces look from the inside.

How is it flossing with them?
I ended up buying a water flosser because flossing the traditional way would be an absolute nightmare!! It would literally take hours. I bought the water-pik for about $50 and it is worth it! My teeth feel fresh and literally it takes 1 minute! Ill upload some photos, its a little difficult as my mouth is tiny but Ill do it :)

Just some pictures of the bottom.

Has your tongue been getting cut up?
The first few days I used that basic wax - I am pretty chatty and it caused a minor abrasion. After that I have been blessed and no issues! The braces aren't sharp.. they are designed to be as smooth as possible. It def feels like metal everywhere but no sharp edges!
Are incognito braces the same as lingual braces? And are there different types of lingual braces?

Update!

Minor changes are starting to happen and I still don't regret it one bit! Yeah I am a little lispy and sore but nothing to cry about :) Being brave and I truly think it comes down to how much you want the smile :) A positive attitude is essential and key to it being a good experience! I will later upload the top arches bonded with Incognito!

My teeth at no point touch because I have a bad overbite - which means when I bite down I literally bite down on my front teeth's brackets. Incognito designs brackets that are sturdy and intended to be bitten down on. Granted right now I cant eat any hard foods for about the next week, all should be well :)!

Hey.. I have a question. I just had a consultation for Harmony lingual braces and I was told they would have to put some sort of dental cement on my back molars so that when I bite down I won't hit the backs of the braces. Did you have to deal with this? And if so has this been a problem for you? Thanks!
I'm sorry to break in here, since I know you asked the review owner.  I just wanted to say that my daughter just got braces, and because of a 100% overbite, they had to put dental cement on her back molars so she wouldn't bite off her braces.  For her, it makes it difficult to chew up food.  I've had to blend or puree everything for her, except very soft cereals like soaked oats or soft melon.  You might have an easier time of it than she, though, since she's only seven and doesn't have all her teeth yet.  Good luck!  I hope you do a review so we can see a pic of that cement.  I'm not allowed to do a review for my daughter :).
Hi :) No intrusion committed TwoPlusOne lol - well dental cement sounds a lot scarier than dental bonding or just bonding! I personally didn't have any done to my molars but currently have some applied on my front bottom teeth to hide the gap of an extraction. It basically looks like your teeth in every way just about as sturdy too so it def won't look funny if thats a concern. Just like any new 'object' in your mouth Im sure it'll take some time getting used to - and chances are they aren't going to fit you with something that is impractical right? Its just the shape of your teeth Im hoping with time you'll adjust wonderfully!