Incognito Braces

Im 25 years old and decided to get braces....

Im 25 years old and decided to get braces. Choosing Incognito was my decision and it was a big one because of the costs. My orthodontist is professional and intelligent and I ASSURE you that will make a difference in your outcome. Some of these stories sound horrible.

Incognito gets bonded to your teeth in TWO sessions, to allow you to adjust with minimal discomfort. I have the smallest jawline my ortho has ever seen and crowding mainly in my bottom teeth. As I am writing I have been wearing them for 6 days and it has been amazing. IF YOU PREPARE YOURSELF MENTALLY for this process and understand that you are going to have some adjustments you WILL BE FINE and thankful for this invention!

Literally invisible to the unassuming person these braces thus far are going to give me the smile I've always dreamed of! I need a dental implant to replace my canine and am removing a front bottom healthy tooth to create room to straighten my teeth as there is NONE! It may be a little scary and embarrassing to have a missing tooth, it'll be worth it when I have a straight white smile!

I will try to keep this up in hopes it'll help someone just like some of these reviews helped me decide and be confident about choosing Incognito as my dental option!

I have a tiny minimal lisp and in two weeks the top tracks will be bonded to my mouth. I am expecting some more initinal discomfort but again am preparing myself for what is to come. I have to wear these for the next 2 years and if this is the feeling I have to live with to get the smile I want, IT'S WORTH IT!

If you're a baby, and have low pain tolerance or just are a suck.. no matter if you get lingual or regular braces... it's going to hurt. So be brave and get yo teef straight!!!!

Just some pictures of the bottom.

Update!

Minor changes are starting to happen and I still don't regret it one bit! Yeah I am a little lispy and sore but nothing to cry about :) Being brave and I truly think it comes down to how much you want the smile :) A positive attitude is essential and key to it being a good experience! I will later upload the top arches bonded with Incognito!

My teeth at no point touch because I have a bad overbite - which means when I bite down I literally bite down on my front teeth's brackets. Incognito designs brackets that are sturdy and intended to be bitten down on. Granted right now I cant eat any hard foods for about the next week, all should be well :)!

Update! 5 months into Incognito.

5 months into my treatment and I have enter the stages of thicker wires! Meaning more movement, and more control! My teeth have moved and shifted dramatically. Some teeth obviously more than others! I have seen amazing improvement and I sometimes wonder if Ill actually have to wear them for two years.

Like I said, my hygienist placed a thicker wire into my braces (top arch), which is rectanglar shaped so Im sure you can imagine the soreness of anything yanking at your teeth! I tightened them just 3 days ago so still pretty tender but Im surviving with minor complaint! Ive had a lot done but nothing yet at the same time. My teeth definitely seem to be moving extremely well and I am well on my way. A lot and I stress a lot of work still needs to be done but so far - NO REGRETS. No one knows I have them and thats the whole point right? I DO NOT consider myself to have a LISP by any means! When my mouth is dry or something it baaarellllly comes out. Only a keen ear would recognize it and you would to and adjust accordingly. It does depend on your teeth of course and where the actual brackets will sit with your tongue, and space for your tongue etc.

To sum it up, I will post pictures, and hope this helps someone continue! 5 months in and one lower premolar almost set correctly, vast alignment improvement to say the least. I sometimes (other than when I get them tightened) forget I even have them!

:) Good luck and the next time I write I hope to show and share better and straighter news!