Very Swollen, Split Along Incision Line.. Is This Normal? Help Please! - Toronto, ON

I am 23 years old and just had my labiaplasty done...

I am 23 years old and just had my labiaplasty done on the 12 in Toronto. Right now it looks like Edward scissors hands did my surgery! First couple days were absolute hell! Couldn't walk, sit or stand for long periods of time. Swelling doesn't seem to be going down much at all. The splits along the incision line are what really scares me! My surgeon says this is quite normal and the tissue act like sponges and absorb the moisture and will heal.. It just doesn't feel right. Anyone else out there have any of the same problems that could send some positive encouragement my way!! Any comments are greatly appreciated!

More pics

Day 11

Day 12

Well it's day 12! Feeling much better! Swelling has gone down a lot over the last couple days. All but one stitch is gone from the right side which I'm guessing helped majorly with the swelling. Left side still has all of it's stitches hopefully they come out soon and the swelling goes down on that side to! Able to sit now without cringing in pain and only have a little bit of my waddle left when I walk! Overall things are looking good and feeling much better! Very happy I did this now :)

hows the healing going??
GOING TO LOOK AMAZING!!!
I'm so thankful for this site. Much needed encouragement! I'm 8 days post op and still have a lot of swelling, pain, and itchiness. I had NO idea that healing was going to take such a long time. I'm glad everyone has shared their story b/c I was getting worried! I'm glad you are feeling better!
Well,i am amazed at this surgery i didn't even know it existed. In some parts of Africa women actually pull their labia and our men love it that way as they swell while making love and they hold the Pen..tight which is a great feeling for the men. I am pretty amazed at the surgery. I wish you a quick recovery and thanks for sharing.
You had a Trim. Just make sure your doctor is involved with your recovery to tell you when you can do stuff. The "rolled and split" look is pretty common with the Trim.
Hope you are getting better. Sex yet?
Thanks for sharing! I am one week post-op and I feel you with the swelling! So uncomfortable and annoying! Hope the rest of your recovery goes smooth and you get the results you want. Keep us updated!
It does get better! I'm 11 days today and the right side has gone down a lot, pretty sure 3 out of the 4 stitches have come out which I think helps the healing x10! The left side i think still has all it's stitches so it's tender and not healing as quick. I hope once the rest of the stitches come out or I get them removed that it heals up quick! Hope you don't have any problems and everything goes well for you! Best thing I have found for the swelling is the sitz bath! They actually really help.
Hey I had my surgery the day after you had yours, I'm so guttered how slow the healing process is I was planning on going back to work tomorrow but I walk like a weirdo and I don't want anyone to know what I've had done and when I sit it feels like there's too much pressure on the stitchs! When r you planning on going back to work? I hope our Vajayjays look completely different in a months time because right now I'm too scared to look at my own vagina! Oh and buy the way I also have a few gaps where it looks like there's no stitch but I'm hoping it's just the swelling makeing things look strange. Hope your healing starts to get better:)
I ended up taking a month off, I only wanted two weeks. I'm going for my first post op appt today. My little 'cuts' are slowly healing back together but it's def a slow process. Stitches have not started to dissolve yet and I was told 7-10 days and today is day 9! So anytime now! I'm just now starting to walk half way normal and not like a penguin! I still cannot sit down properly or drive, much too painful! Overall slow process on my end! Hope yours is much quicker!
It wasn't until my 5th week till I could sit somewhat normal! after the 6th week that exact day I noticed a huge change over night. I'm almost at 7 weeks post this Friday and very happy I did it now. Can't wait till the 8th week FINALLY I will be able to return to gym and a normal sex life - doctor said still take it easy and start slowly... EEKKK! counting the days! hang in there
I'm slowly starting to be able to sit a bit better. I live about 2 hours away from the clinic that did my procedure and had to make the trip today and I was surprised that it wasn't that uncomfortable, mind you i did sit on a blanket but still not terrible! I'm really hoping I don't have the same problems as you did and I'm hopefully healed up enough after 4 weeks to return to work! Hang in there ladies! I'm sure it gets better soon.. I hope!
No you won't my procedure was different than yours my guy used laser, and I didn't understand post op.. But, honestly after all the insanity of it, It still is coming over very nice :}
Just got home from my appt. everything is healing great! Thank god! Today was actually a turn around. Was able to sit a bit without it hurting too much able to almost walk normally instead of like a penguin lol slowly but surely starting to come around!
Did everything speed up healing wise once the stitches come out? They are really starting to itch now! Was going to have the nurse snip or remove a couple but was too sensitive to touch the area so next week they I'll be taken out if they don't fall out on their own in the meantime! Overall day 9 and things are starting to look up! Tmw I'm thinking about finally driving my car.. Since it's so low I haven't even made an attempt to get into it! Here's to hoping!
the good and the bad.. once the itching kicks in it's soo bad!!! OMG- so many sleepless nights but.. on the good side you know you are healing! Juice take tons of vitamins and juice some more... eat healthy
I picked up some Benadryl today! I was told I'm not allowed to take vitamins for a month after! But juice def and Benadryl!
That's good your starting to feel more comfortable sitting I think I am starting to feel abit more relaxed about sitting and walking I'm so paranoid about pulling or hurting the stitchs I'm been overly careful lol My surgeon is all the way in Thailand so I went to my local doc today and had to explain what I had done she looked at me like I was crazy but she was nice enough to look and make sure everything was healing okay but I have terrible thrush! She also said if my stitchs don't come out within a month she can remove them for me which is a relief because it's day 9 and my stitchs don't look like they want to budge at all! Are you still taking anti biotics king10?
I was never told to take any antibiotics at all. I was giving Celebrex, arnica and percocets for pain. My stitches a don't look like they want to budge either lol but the swelling has gone down a lot! I will have them out in a week if they don't come out on their own, really hoping they come out on their own as I've heard getting them removed isn't very pleasant but once they're out you heal much faster! Today was the first day I'm able to touch it all over and not be sore so it's getting much better! I'm actually able to lay on my side and put my knees go together, something I would've cringed to do before! Things are looking up :)