Incisionless Otoplasty - Toronto, ON

In an incisionless otoplasty the ear is reshaped...

In an incisionless otoplasty the ear is reshaped by placing permanent stitches (the same kind that are used in the traditional open technique) through the skin and burying them underneath without the need for any cuts. The reshaped cartilage of the ear is scored with a needle in order to “create” some scarring that will help the ear retain its shape. The operation can be done under local anaesthesia if desired and takes about 20 minutes per ear. The patient can go home the same day and only needs to wear a head band at night for the first two weeks.

Compared to the traditional technique, the incisionless otoplasty is a less painful operation and has less chances of a complication arising.
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gantous is the nicest, most concerning, articulate doctor/surgeon you will ever meet. He helped me fix a surgery that I had done in Germany due to the correction of the ears not being up to par as to what I had desired. It's like he made it a personal mission to help me with my case and I cannot thank him enough for his help. He is very friendly and sincere, he answers your emails quickly and carefully answers any questions you may have. If you are looking for a facial surgeon who is particular of the final result, you need him! I honestly cannot recommend Dr. Gantous enough! Thank you Dr. Gantous!

Thanks so much for sharing your story, Adam. Do you plan on posting any pics? I'd love to see how your results came out. :)

Hi Sharon, I don't feel comfortable releasing a picture but I can offer some advice: 1) Use a thicker thread as adult ears really need the extra support to stay in place 2) Ensure the top of the ear (where the ear meets the head) is positioned closer to the head along with the pinna as this will ensure a "tight to the head" look when the ear finally settles 3) Use the headband at night for at least 2 weeks to a month 4) Anti-inflammatories help with the pain, especially when the anesthetic wears off I hope this helps anyone who wishes to fix any protruding ear defects via this type of surgery. Sorry for my late reply!

Hi Adam. No worries! That's really helpful. Thank you for sharing your tips!