20% Lactic Acid Peel with Petra

I had a great experience with Petra! I explained...

I had a great experience with Petra! I explained to her that my skin has been damaged by previous treatment (IPL - which was done by a different esthetician at a different place - not that I recommend this treatment to anyone *see my story* even if it is done by the best of the best) and that I was extremely nervous about the peel, despite the fact that it is considered to be very gentle. She explained the procedure to me and told me that she will apply the peel for as little as 30 seconds the first time if that makes me feel more comfortable and that she will not leave it on for more than 2 minutes. She also said that she will be looking at my face the entire time to ensure that I don't have any adverse reaction and will neutralize the peel immediately if that does happen. She understood that I wanted to treat the damage, but that I was scared to have any more procedures on my face, as the very first procedure I ever had on my face (i.e. IPL) caused substantial damage to my skin, so she took a very gentle approach. I also appreciated that despite the fact that I was vulnerable (as I was desperate to treat the IPL damage), she didn't take advantage of me by trying to sell me more products, which is what most other estheticians I consulted with were doing. Although, I wasn't expecting a miracle after the peel, since the treatment is so mild, I did see some improvement, which is what I was aiming for. Overall, great experience!

How much and how long did you peel after this treatment? We're the lines from the ipl damage reduced? Have you gone for another treatment of a peel for further treatment? Thanks!
Hi Sunnybreeze, The peeling wasn't very noticeable - this is a mild treatment. I think it lasted for about 3 days (but again, it wasn't really visible). The only thing is that (especially if you have ipl damage) ur skin will look a little worse in the first 2 days because it will be dry from the peel & starts to improve on the 3rd day. As far as the IPL damage lines go, they have slightly improved. I have done approximately 6-7 20% lactic acid peels. The first one I did professionally and the rest at home (it's important to choose a good peel and moisturizer beforehand tho if you are doing it at home). I have seen some improvement but my skin is still not nearly as good as it was before the ipl damage. Im going to try glycolic peels next - they are slightly stronger
T
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Petra performed the procedure and she was great :) see above!