Time Will Tell - Toronto, ON

I got 350cc submuscular, silicone implants in 2006...

I got 350cc submuscular, silicone implants in 2006. I began to have fibromyalgia, flulike, symptoms off and on, in 2011. It didn't occur to me that my implants might have anything to do with it, but I googled hair loss and breast implants, and sure enough: it's a thing! So I kept looking and I have a lot of the symptoms, all of which I was writing off as being caused by other things.
Looked long and hard for a Doctor near me who would take explant with capsulectomy seriously, but couldn't find any, so I booked with LuJean Feng in Cleveland, and then realized that there's a Dr. in Toronto, Petra Schiller, who will do capsulectomy. So I met with her yesterday and my surgery's booked for May 14. I can hardly wait.

Hi there, I realize this is a little late, I am having same symptoms and getting my implants removed as well! Did it make a difference in your health affordable getting them removed? Hope all went well, would love to hear from you!
Look at your pictures as a light to guide other women through the dark. They really help.
Sending you lots of love. Good decision. Keep us posted. :)

Well, my surgery is in 4 more sleeps, and I'm...

Well, my surgery is in 4 more sleeps, and I'm getting decidedly anxious. I've had to stop taking all of my naturopathic remedies presurgery, and it's making me realize how much they were helping. I have muscle stiffness, joint pain, anxiety, muscle weakness, hair loss and brain fog. I really hope these symptoms go away after I get the implants out. I'm opting for a capsulectomy to ensure that I'm doing everything I can to get healthy. Also planning to do a sort of cleanse while I'm recovering (i.e. brown rice, chicken, fish, and fresh fruit and vegs). I'll be recovering in a hotel room for 3 days post surgery. Anyone have any advice what I should pack?
I am going through the same thing!!!

Well, I'm on the other side of the surgery now,...

Well, I'm on the other side of the surgery now, and I feel fine. Less than 24 hours later, and I have had very minimal pain--the worst pain seems to be my midback from laying around for a whole day. Lots of pillows for sleeping. It turns out my left implant was ruptured. The surgeon was very surprised, but I was not--I knew something was wrong. Any questions? Ask me. I'm trying to think of things I wish I'd known before surgery, but can't think of any. I'm moving pretty easily, and really very little discomfort.

one week post op today

Well, I can't believe how well everything's gone. The most pain I've had is from the bras digging into me. I am extremely surprised how full my breasts are compared to when I first took the bandages off. Don't be alarmed immediately following surgery!
Hello there, I am curious if your hair grew back? Are you feeling better? I just made a consult because I'm sure it is the implants that are causing me issues. Thank you!!!
Petra Schiller

So far, she's a 5* She's lovely, and takes time, and listens, and believes that the patient gets a voice.