Breast Augmentation leaves me with STITCHES in my stomach - Toronto, ON

I have been wanting a breast augmentation for a...

I have been wanting a breast augmentation for a while now, and have been researching a lot for the past 5 or so months. I have been following other people's reviews on here. Although I haven't had any consultations yet, based on reviews and pictures from Dr. Jugenburg, I would really like to look into getting this done by him. I applied for Medicard and got approved for $5,000 and could pay the difference in cash. The only problem I have is...I haven't told my parents yet. I know they won't agree with it and I am so scared to say anything but would really like to get this done sometime in the new year. I think maybe I should book a consultation with Dr. Jugenburg and then tell my parents after I have gone to it. I really need a push to make the next step and book the consultation.
Oh and by the way...I am 23 years old, about 5'7.5 and weigh 150. I have a muscular build and spend a lot of time at the gym. I feel like my confidence is very low because of my chest, and I always feel embarrassed. I am at the time in my life that I feel like I would like to go ahead and do this...

Trying to book consultation

Well, I emailed them last Wednesday and haven't gotten a response. Now I am calling the office and it goes to voicemail. I don't want to leave a message and have them call me because I don't want them calling my parents' house. Feeling annoyed...

1st consultation booked

Well, I have booked a consultation for January 13! I was unaware that the clinic was closed all week, but someone (couldn't catch the name in the message she left) called me from home and fit me in. I am very impressed with this! :)
Now to try to tell my mom...ugh

One week until Surgery

All of my papers are complete and I went to my pre op last Friday. I am worried about going too big, but that seems to be most peoples' fear! Right now it says I am to get 400cc overfilled to 450cc. They made a note to make it in the 400-450 range, so I trust that the doctor will adjust them accordingly during surgery. I have had so many dreams about this and I can't believe the day is almost here! :)

One more day

I can't believe the day is almost here. I picked up my prescriptions today and have my bag pretty much packed. I've been having dreams about it almost every night. I feel terrified now that it's about to happen. :( I'm also excited at the same time.

Changing every day

Please private message me if you would like details about my surgery. I will update my review at a later date.

UPDATE

Well I guess it is about time I update my review since this has been the worst experience of my life. Nobody hopes to wake up from a breast augmentation and hear "there was a problem during your surgery". Well I thought it would be something to do with my breasts...but instead I find out that I have stitches across my stomach above my belly button. 6 stitches to be exact. A hot tool used for cauterizing SOMEHOW (wasn't told details) burned me so badly that the doctor had to cut my skin out and sew me up with 6 stitches.
2 weeks later it became infected. It was bright red and pussing. I then had to be perceived an antibiotic cream for it. I'm not sure if they really expected me to pay $30 for that, but I did...and only got reimbursed when I asked to be. 2 days later I went back and it wasn't healing properly so the doctor then had to cut me again (no freezing...very painful) and add 2 more stitches. I had those ones in for 2.5 weeks and just got them out today.
For the past 7 weeks, instead of focusing on my breasts and how they are healing, I have had to deal with taking care of my stomach. It has caused me physical pain and emotional stress.
Great...permanently scarred on a part of my body that is irrelevant from the actual surgery. I have never in my life been so angry and upset at this whole process...

Hmm

I'm really angry that I was told it will heal in a straight line...it's not healing well at all.

Angry

The scar is looking bad. Seems to be getting worse before it gets better. It is bright red. Sucks that I can't even show my stomach... Before this happened I would take progress pictures of my abs since I am into fitness, and I haven't been able to take a picture for over 2 months

NEVER ENDING

So I am getting another revision on my scar. THIRD time getting stitches in it. It looks awful and wide. And now there is a huge indent in my stomach. Not only that, but his schedule is too packed and he can't fit me in until November! Not too confident that it will work this time, since it hasn't the past 2 times!! When will this all be over so I can move on with my life and HEAL??!!!!!
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

VERY angry and upset about what has happened to me. I go in for breast augmentation and come out with stitches in my stomach...

Hope your belly is better and hope you enjoy your new breasts. Hopefully they did try to rectify this in some way. I would have requested money off of the surgery for sure. GL
It is slowly healing, but he actually just told me he would like to so a revision on it. THIRD time. I am not too confident that it will heal nicely this time. There is a huge indent in my stomach from where they cut it out. Oh but he is too busy to fit me in so I have to wait until November to get it done. Completely unfair to me...scars take a long time to heal so I would rather get it over with now. They have not offered me anything because of this. And it's actually costing ME more since I don't even live in the same city. Unbelievable!! Sorry for the bitterness in my response lol and thank you for the comment.
Oh Gosh, I would be bitter too.. no worries! I cant believe you have to wait till November! That is just nuts! I am so sorry for what happened to you.... I'm sure Id feel cheated too Best of luck JB22 *silver lining.... at least they didn't make a huge mistake somewhere else..*
Ya..I try to tell myself it could have been worse. But it shouldn't have happened. Thanks a lot!!
Hello, I had a BA by Dr. Martin 3 weeks ago and I love the results. I have not had any problems with Dr. or his staff. I understand your situation.. Its terrible. If you think about it, he has Operative Room staff who assist him. Nurses for example. I would be willing to bet someone lost their job that day. Doesn't make him a bad doctor.
I never thought that it could have been someone else. Who knows. I know the Nurse Grace is gone now, but I have no idea of knowing who it was. I now have to get a revision on it..third time getting it cut and stitched. But whoever's fault it is...I feel I deserve something out of it!
And you are right...I have never told anyone he is a bad doctor. I think he is very skilled. It's just very unfortunate that this had to happen to me.
I am so sorry to hear that you had to go through this. Happy healing and all the best!
Aw thank you!
A scar revision, perhaps by a better PS, is in order. And the redness, this time or next time, takes about a year to go away. And ANY rays of the sun or a tanning bed while it is still red can make the darker discoloration permenant. So put on sunscreen obsessively, and keep it under clothes as much as possible. UVA/UVB rays even filtered through light clothing or a bathing suit can discolor it, so apply a high SPF sunscreen even under those. Hope this helps!
Ok thanks a lot! I will keep it out of the sun for sure. Sucks that summer is almost here. I used to tan indoors too but haven't in 2 months and will probably be cancelling my membership
You are welcome! If it were me, I would have it revised. And about the tanning, just think of all the freckles and wrinkles and cancers you'll be saving yourself! :-)
Ya...whatever he thinks is best I'll do. At this point it can't really get any worse..hopefully only better. Yep you are right about that lol and won't have to hear lectures from my parents mom stop
Non** stop lol
Thanks for your message-got a chance to read your review-that's awful! I would be contacting a lawyer as well....they owe you at the very least a full explanation of what happened-if they aren't giving it to you, they probably did something wrong. Request copies of all of your OR (Operating room) notes-you have a right to all of your medical records. I asked to have mine given to me and he emailed them. There should be a detailed explanation of what happened in that surgery-if there isn't, that would be grounds for contacting a lawyer for sure.
Ya I got the operative reports and it shows a diagram of what happened and says full thickness cautery burn. And excised. Doesn't explain what happened but I guess that's on another paper that I was not given...who knows
I had a scar on my knee that was quite ugly. The doctor suggested I get it re-cut and stitched so it healed in a nice small straight line. You could look into that. They would just cut it out and see it so it was less noticeable.
Dr. J told me at my laser appointment that he will probably have to cut it a 3rd time and sew it up again. I'm just not sure how many times they can keep doing it....ughhh
Last** appointment
He said it would heal in a straight line the first time it was stitched....that didn't happen :(
wow...thats brutal...!
Well I wouldn't let him do it again. I would go to your regular doctor and ask about it. It is clear from the first pictures that it wouldn't heal in a straight line because it wasn't stitched in a straight line unfortunately.
Yup I can't believe it
you need to rate this guy at least a one so ppl can see it in his reviews as of now u cannot!! so sorry u had ot go through this!
Thanks a lot