Breast Augmentation leaves me with STITCHES in my stomach - Toronto, ON

I have been wanting a breast augmentation for a...

I have been wanting a breast augmentation for a while now, and have been researching a lot for the past 5 or so months. I have been following other people's reviews on here. Although I haven't had any consultations yet, based on reviews and pictures from Dr. Jugenburg, I would really like to look into getting this done by him. I applied for Medicard and got approved for $5,000 and could pay the difference in cash. The only problem I have is...I haven't told my parents yet. I know they won't agree with it and I am so scared to say anything but would really like to get this done sometime in the new year. I think maybe I should book a consultation with Dr. Jugenburg and then tell my parents after I have gone to it. I really need a push to make the next step and book the consultation.
Oh and by the way...I am 23 years old, about 5'7.5 and weigh 150. I have a muscular build and spend a lot of time at the gym. I feel like my confidence is very low because of my chest, and I always feel embarrassed. I am at the time in my life that I feel like I would like to go ahead and do this...

Trying to book consultation

Well, I emailed them last Wednesday and haven't gotten a response. Now I am calling the office and it goes to voicemail. I don't want to leave a message and have them call me because I don't want them calling my parents' house. Feeling annoyed...

1st consultation booked

Well, I have booked a consultation for January 13! I was unaware that the clinic was closed all week, but someone (couldn't catch the name in the message she left) called me from home and fit me in. I am very impressed with this! :)
Now to try to tell my mom...ugh

One week until Surgery

All of my papers are complete and I went to my pre op last Friday. I am worried about going too big, but that seems to be most peoples' fear! Right now it says I am to get 400cc overfilled to 450cc. They made a note to make it in the 400-450 range, so I trust that the doctor will adjust them accordingly during surgery. I have had so many dreams about this and I can't believe the day is almost here! :)

One more day

I can't believe the day is almost here. I picked up my prescriptions today and have my bag pretty much packed. I've been having dreams about it almost every night. I feel terrified now that it's about to happen. :( I'm also excited at the same time.

Changing every day

Please private message me if you would like details about my surgery. I will update my review at a later date.

UPDATE

Well I guess it is about time I update my review since this has been the worst experience of my life. Nobody hopes to wake up from a breast augmentation and hear "there was a problem during your surgery". Well I thought it would be something to do with my breasts...but instead I find out that I have stitches across my stomach above my belly button. 6 stitches to be exact. A hot tool used for cauterizing SOMEHOW (wasn't told details) burned me so badly that the doctor had to cut my skin out and sew me up with 6 stitches.
2 weeks later it became infected. It was bright red and pussing. I then had to be perceived an antibiotic cream for it. I'm not sure if they really expected me to pay $30 for that, but I did...and only got reimbursed when I asked to be. 2 days later I went back and it wasn't healing properly so the doctor then had to cut me again (no freezing...very painful) and add 2 more stitches. I had those ones in for 2.5 weeks and just got them out today.
For the past 7 weeks, instead of focusing on my breasts and how they are healing, I have had to deal with taking care of my stomach. It has caused me physical pain and emotional stress.
Great...permanently scarred on a part of my body that is irrelevant from the actual surgery. I have never in my life been so angry and upset at this whole process...

Hmm

I'm really angry that I was told it will heal in a straight line...it's not healing well at all.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

VERY angry and upset about what has happened to me. I go in for breast augmentation and come out with stitches in my stomach...

you should speak to a lawyer...
You poor thing! That sounds like such an avoidable accident. I'm not sure what procedures are in place in Canada, but if that happened to me in Virginia, I'd be talking to an attorney. I know you are annoyed, but I actually think that your scar is healing well. I hope the girls look good!
The skin did not close properly. Half of it looks alright, half of it doesn't. Regardless of how it heals, it shouldn't have happened and I shouldn't have had to deal with this One of my breasts is still swollen and they are completely different sized. But at my appointment on Tuesday the nurses said they are symmetrical. Even my friends can tell they are not, so I'm not sure why they were trying to tell me they are... :S
wow....that's beyond redicuous..I mean what did they do drop it on you..i think they should have to have cameras in the operating room so they can watch footage when something like this happens..good luck and I would at the very least expect free care for their mistake and honestly they should be going above and beyone that...good luck
Ya I'm assuming they dropped it, none of them actually told me. They just said "it burned you". It's my body and I feel like I deserve to know. It honestly makes me so mad. You think they would go above and beyond to try to make me happy..... Thank you!
Oh I would be suing. Omg. So insane
Yup! I'm not happy at all. And it's not healing properly.
So sorry to hear about the incident during the surgery. I had a great experience with Dr. J and staff but I do agree you need to file and complaint and also sue for your damages. You have physical and mental stress over this and that is not fair. I would seek legal advice and pursue with a lawsuit. You would have signed the consent forms which would cover this sort of thing but I believe you should try anyway. This link may be helpful. loc.gov/law/help/medical-malpractice-liability/canada.php
Thank you. I will take a look
U need to file a complaint and sue him!
Where should I file a complaint to?
With the Board of Plastic surgery ;) this was a huge mistake on his part and had nothing to do with the implants. He should at least have to pay for damages and any follow up visits and care! I'm so sorry this happened to u.
Thank you I called them and they are mailing me the form
Please update. How did your surgery go?
Hows the recovery going?
Hope it went well!! Can't wait to hear!
How did your surgery go?
Good luck today. Looking forward to your next update.
Thank you so much!! I am gonna take pictures so I may post them soon. I know how much pictures help other people.
Good luck babe!!!
Thank you!!! :)
How did it go? What did you decide to do?
Hey! Ya sorry haven't updated this in so long. I'm getting the surgery March 5!! I'm getting saline high profile. I was going to get the armpit incision but changed to crease. Right now it's written down as 400cc implants filled to 450cc. I'm scared that 450 will be too big. I tried on 435cc sizes and they said when you get them put in, it takes off about 15cc so that's what they would look like. Right now I'm barely an A but I have a muscular build. Hmm I don't know what to do!
That is exactly what I went with but mod profile and I tried on the same sizer. I was a small A before now I am a d/dd. I did armpit though. Dr J is amazing. All the staff is incredible, Kim is my favourite. Check out my review maybe it will help?
Yeah I've been following your story and read it all :) they look amazing. Yours are 400 though aren't they? He wants to over fill mine to 450. Yours are a good size