23 Yrs Old, and Tired of the Dreaded Double Padded Bra!!! - Toronto, ON

Let me start off by saying I love this site ! ,...

Let me start off by saying I love this site ! , what an inspiration and help everyone here is. If never written a blog before , nor really shared a lot about myself but reading everyone's experiences has help so much that hopefully one day I can be some help to ... So here I go. I'm 23, 5,1 and around 105lbs, I wear a 32B always double padded bra, I don't even own a single bra now that isn't padded .... Sad lol. I've wanted a BA as long as I can remember, and having just graduated college am really starting to do some serious research into it . There are a few drs. I have done some serious research on. The fist being Dr. Jerome Edelstein, his reviews and results are amazing, the second being Dr. Martin Jugenburg . Does anyone know anything or had or is going to have their BA done by either of them ? Or any other PS in Toronto ?? Any input would be beyond helpful!

Wish pics!

Getting the wheels in motion !

So I emailed Dr. E's office a few days ago to inquire about a consult . Heather emailed me back yesterday with a nice detailed letter about what to expect during my consult , 45 min with Dr.E to answer questions and explain the procedure ... Trying on sizers and to bring a light coloured top .. And also cost of the consult ($100) but that's put towards the surgery if you then book it with them. So I'm getting pretty excited , I've been told and read on another site that wait times for a consult is months sometimes .. Which I'm okay with because I want to pay for it up front in cash and need a few months to finish saving up for it . I'm going to give them a call on probably Tuesday as its Easter weekend and everyone's pretty busy , myself included .
The only thing that is making me nervous and apprehensive to book is my mother and her strong opinions against any thing you can possibly do to alter your self image ... The women I get my flat chestedness from ( thanks mom :) ) and who's never worn a bra in her life , and is more then happy she doesn't nor will ever have to . I don't so much care what anyone else has to say about it , I've never hidden the fact I have no boobs and that I won't be caught dead without a double padded bra on, girls gotta do what a girls gotta do ! . So if anyone has any suggestions about it , it would be soo appreciated !

Finally made a consult appointment !!!

So I made my first consultation appointment today with Dr. Edelstein ! It's not until November but Heather , the really nice patient care coordinator put me on the cancellation list, and said that usually things get moved and there is a good chance I will be hearing from them in the summer. I hope so because I was planning on getting it done in the fall anyways , and this gives me some time to get the rest of the money , supply's and all that good stuff ... I'm also thinking about making a consult with Dr.Jugenburg as well , there are a lot of happy lady's on this site who seen him .. And since I was in such a good booby spirited mood I decided to make some rice sizers, following the guide lines off of justimplants.com... I dunno if I did it right but it kinda get me excited !

2 weeks till my consult!!!

So My consult is finally coming up , November 28th. I'm getting so excited , my best friend is coming with me , I have only told her and another good friend of mine , and both are supportive. I decided I won't be telling anyone else but my mother , and that won't be happening until the surgery date is booked and am preparing for her to unsupportive and unexcepting, plastic surgery is something she is against and even now when we see someone on tv with them she has something to say about it ......
What should I expect during my consult ? I have compiled a list of questions and got pictures (mostly from other wish pics from lady's on this site ) , do dr's usual show you pictures of there work ?
Also I have a mole on one of my breast that I want removed ? Is it okay to bring that up with the surgeon ? I don't know if it should be done before or after the surgery ... During ??? Maybe ? Probably not lol but if he does mole removal I would prefer to go to him for it also, I had a mole on my finger removed by a different plastic surgeon 10 years ago and the scar is big and you can even still see all the holes from where the stiches went in , to me it looks like a bad job and if it had been done now I would probably go back and say something but I was 14 at the time and it wasn't really a bother..
Anyone have a consult with Dr.Edelstein ?? What should I expect ??
Any advice /info is appreciated !!!

Consultation done ! Ready to book... I think

So this past Friday I had my consult with Dr. Edelstein . It went so well , I was so nervous at first but once I got there, the ladies at the front desk were super nice and made me feel so comfortable, so I got there at 9:30, went through the medical question are with one of the front desk ladies ( totally forgot their names , I was too excited) , then was shown upstairs to a patient room and given a gown to put on. Dr.E came in after that , and everything went smoothly , he recommended exactly what I had hoped , silicone , under muscle , crease incision , 375-465 cc. . He's so genuinely nice , calming and not pushy at all, he really listened to what I was looking for and answered all my questions before I got the chance to even ask them . I tried on the testers , the 375cc were a little small , I really liked the 415cc and didn't even bother with the 465 as I thought they would make me look top heavy.
I'm going to call it to book my surgery for the beginning of February, I would love to have it done sooner but with the holidays , And then school starting back up in January it's just a crazy busy time . So now my dilemma , telling my mom, she is against plastic surgery ... I don't plan on telling her untill after the holidays , and don't plan on telling anyone else in my family or otherwise . I'm also confused about the size ! I really liked the 415 cc but I'm worried since im going under the muscle in going to loose some volume.. I'm so confused .

Finally booked !!!!!

So I finally booked my surgery date , March 2nd is the surgery date, i would of liked for sometime in February but I wanted it done in the hospital instead of the private clinic as I have a genetic disorder and feel safer in the hospital and seeing as Dr. E does both it wasn't a problem. My pre-op is on February 12th with Heather the nurse and I will decide on a size then. Im still very confused about size , originally I tried 415cc but now I'm thinking that may be a little small for the look I want ... Booby problems

Also *****Marry Christmas****** hope everyone has a good one !!!

Growing concern....

So my surgery is less then 2 months away and I'm super excited , but something that has been worrying me is stuff I have read in regards to implants and dental work.
I am in the beginning process of a lengthy stretch of extreme dental work , tooth extractions , braces and at some point a year or 2 down the road , jaw surgery ... The whole process is gonna take a long time , and I doubt I will have any work done before the BA , I have read that dental work can cause problems with implants and I emailed the nurse at my Ps's clinic and she said there was really no solid facts , but some people do take a antibiotic before any work gets done ... I'm still really worried .. Has anyone experienced any problems with getting dental work done after their BA?

Postponed :(

My original surgery date was for March 2nd which would be this coming Monday, I had to make a tough choice of moving my surgery date , because of some minor dental surgeries . I figured it better to get them done before my boobs rather then after..... So March 26th is my new surgery date , and March 11th is my pre op.
I still haven't told my mom about it yet as I'm being a big chicken , I'm scared she's going to be quick to judge me without even hearing my reasons. -_-

On top of everything else , I'm like a bear during the winter and I hibernate ... And iv probably gained 5-10 lbs , and haven't seen the inside of a gym in at least a month . Also I have discovered Lays chocolate covered chips..... I'm my own worse enemy

Relief !!! And excitement

So I finally broke down and told my mom about my BA , iv been dreading it for so long I finally had couldn't find it anymore , i don't know why I was so worried or surprised , because she was super understanding and cool about it , then she says I'm a grown women and next time just man up from the beginning , would have saved me a lot of stress -_- ... She's even going to my pre-op with me and will be taking care of me after my surgery .
My pre-op is tomorrow then surgery is in 2 weeks !!! It's starting to get real now , and so far I'm not really all that nervous , just about sizing I guess. I feel like through this whole processes if done so much research , read so much about things I need to get before hand, and things to do and now it's so close , it's like all of that is gone , and I draw a blank about things to buy and prep , to much excitement, school and work overload .. This little "vacation" if you will is needed !

Pre-op

I went to my pre-op today, it went really good , I had 375cc, 415cc , 445 cc and 465cc to choose from , I had really liked the 415cc during my consult , but I tried the 465cc and they were way to big for my body frame , the 445cc HP were perfect, so allergen 445cc HP is the final choice . And I'm pretty much 100% on it . We went over the pre-op instructions and got my blood work referral , my post op bra is a 34D which I have to bring the day of surgery , I want to buy a few more to have clean ones but in terms of small medium and large , I'm not sure what size to get ? I'm thinking medium .. Any suggestions ?? My surgery is at 12pm but you need to arrive 2 hours early so the wait is going to drive me crazy ! Lol I feel like the time is going to finally come and I'm going to be so unprepared . I need to sit down and make a serious pre-op list.
Anything you girls are so grateful you bought or did for for BA?

Some pics

My post-op bra , sexy ... -_-

Bra question

My ps gave me a 34 D as my post op bra , and it's what they will put on me after surgery. The bra they gave me is a bit loose around the band , to accomidate swelling , i want to buy at least two more bras so I can switch between , well one is in the wash , I'm not sure what size to get . I'm getting 445cc , should I stick to the 34 D like the one my doctor gave me , or get a 32D ? And what about S,M,L ?? This is so confusing! My mind doesn't know how to shop for bras that need to actually fit !! Any help ladies ???

Pre op shopping

All done !!

My surgery was yesterday at 12pm at the hospital instead of in the the private clinic , due to some health issues , I just felt safer there. Originally I assumed I wouldn't be as pampered and well taken care of as in the private clinic as hospitals see such a huge over turn of patients all day. Boy was I wrong , everyone at the day surgery clinic was amazing, so tentative and welcoming, Dr.E came and marked me up, he was very kind ans reassuring, funny and personable, I have had a few surgeries before ( non-elective) and I know first hand not all surgeons are such , it doesn't make them bad just down to business, a few minutes later the o.r nurse came to get me and I went to the operating room, they hooked me up and were very nice , I wasn't nervous at all . Before I knew it they were waking me up, I was wheeled into recovery where I had a Popsicle and some ginger ale ... Which I thew up, then continued to throw up constantly after that , bad reaction to the anesthetic, I felt great, minus the nausea whenever I went to move . It's not the next day and beside some discomfort I have yet to take any of the prescription pain killers I was prescribed , just the antibiotics . I don't like taking narcotics or any type and generally have a good pain tolerance so I was prepared to just take the pain meds before bed , but even last night I was surprising fine . I was like is this it ? My pain was like a 4/10, hardly even pain just some pressure . Today I started to feel some pain but still not enough for me to even think of taking them , I'll just have some extra strength Tylenol. I'm very surprised at how good I feel , I can get up and down on my own . Go to the washroom on my own , made some toast , got dressed. ( carefully) the only real discomfort is on the side of the ribs, and my back. But a heating pad and ice packs are working wonders. All in all , not regrets so far , Dr.E and the whole day surgery team were amazing , nice , tentative , reassuring and calming . I couldn't speak more highly of them all. I'm so excited to see how the progress !
Dr.Jerome Edelstein

Throughout this whole experience I have received such great care from Dr.E , his office staff (Louise especially , and also Heather) as well as the staff at Humber River Hospital were I had my procedure. I have had other surgeries and in hospital treatments numerous times before ( non-elective) and have been in the care of many Doctors and nurses and I have never felt so calm , reassured and well taken care of has I did through this whole process . Dr.E is amazing , and has a very warm and calming presence , and the nurses and staff in the day surgery department were nothing short of amazing , keeping a calm, caring environment, I had a lot of nausea well in the recovery , and they were amazing at making me feel better and never rushed me , as I know there are a lot of patients and limited room. There patients are definitly number 1. I had very minimal pain after surgery and it is the day after and still haven't touch my pain medication , just some discomfort in my back and tightness/ pressure is my chest , nothing some icing and a heating pan can't help. Dr.Edelstein works wonders and even though I am only 1 day post op, I would do it all again. I was apprehensive to have my surgery done in the hospital I stead of the private clinic as the clinic is probably a lot calmer , and less people and the hospital is quite busy, but because of health issues I have the hospital was a good choice for me , and I don't regret it for a minute , I don't think I could of been in better hand. It's still early but I am 100% satisfied with my choice and my decision to go with Dr. Edelstein , I wouldnt hesitate to recommend him and his staff for a second . Thank you Dr.E for such a pleasant experience and helping me receive the look I have always hoped for!!!!