Botox Brow Lift - FAIL. - Toronto, ON

I've always suffered from droopy eyebrows and...

I've always suffered from droopy eyebrows and to combat the issue I'd constantly hold the inside of my brows up. I liked the way it made my face look. My eyes appeared brighter and my face actually looked quite a bit slimmer when doing the expression. Unfortunately constantly animating your face can give you quite the headache, so after a few months of contemplating I'd decided to see about getting a "Chemical Brow Lift".

I went to visit a place in Toronto and had a very pleasant experience. The Plastic Surgeon made me feel as though this was the perfect solution! Everyone at the office insisted I would be nothing but happy with my results. WRONG.

I had 30 units injected in between my eyebrows to lift the inside brow (or so I thought). That day I saw the Botox take affect, which apparently is nearly impossible. I couldn't lift the inside of my eyebrows at ALL. I appeared spock like, which seems to be a common side affect. It's now almost a month later and I still can't lift the inside of my brows. I assumed the procedure only targeted the depressor muscles in my face, I assumed I would still be able to lift my eyebrows naturally, boy was I wrong. My plastic surgeon later told me the two muscles (one pulling the eyebrow down, the other pulling up) are on top of one another, and it is impossible to target one without the other.

Ultimately, I'm stuck with a lifeless static expression until the crap wears off. Might I add I'm only 19. It's almost a month later and I've seen no improvement. I ruined my summer, I haven't gone out much since the procedure, not even for my own birthday. And to top it off, I start college at the end of August.

I wrote this review to tell all young girls too vain for their own good, I know how you're feeling, but botox is NOT the answer. Neither is plastic or cosmetic surgery. I find people often look their most beautiful in the before photographs anyways. Please girls, don't jump into something like I did. I've never regret anything more in my life. If only I could turn back time.

30 units sounds like way too much for first time and only 19. I wanted almost the same thing as you and the plastic surgeon who I saw said I need 5 units, I'm 22. I chickened out though… but still think of getting it done.
30 units between the brows is not unusual, although I do it to avoid the frown lines, not to lift the medial brow. I am sorry you had a negative experience.

However, Botox, like anything else in real life has to be used carefully and for the right reasons, otherwise unintended consequences can occur. I hope you realize that one bad experience doesn't mean all Botox is bad.
almost all gone :D :D :D :D !!!
Elements