One of the Best Decisions I Ever Made for Myself - Toronto, ON

My background: Years ago, I lost over a 100 pounds...

My background: Years ago, I lost over a 100 pounds and no matter what I did my arms wouldn't go down in size. I was very depressed because no matter how much weight I lost my arms stayed the same, which made me feel like I was still overweight!

Then I did some research online, and found out that excess skin is very common in people that lost a lot of weight. I looked at a million before and afters, read other people's stories on here, and after a few months decided to have this surgery.

The surgery itself: I've been super lucky because I've had absolutely no complications, the 'worse' thing being that I had some sutures come out of my elbows, about a month and a half into recovery. I took 2 weeks off of work, for about one week I walked around like a mummy, 2 weeks I mostly had swelling at the end of the day, and at 3 weeks I could lift my arms over my head.

I'll update with more progress photos once the scars heal more!

New Clothes!

There's an ice storm outside so I thought I'd try on some dresses I bought after the surgery. It's so nice not to have to add a cardigan/shawl! I also found an old before photo on my phone, so hard to believe that's what I used to look like.

4 Month scar update

Some areas are still a little red, others are fading very nicely! I'm using silicone patches on the elbows where the scar is the most prominent, seems to be helping a bit. All in all, I'm back to 100% and I feel like I've never had surgery.

Almost 10 Months Scar Update

Super happy with my scar progress so far! I want to give it another year, then maybe try laser scar removal.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

I feel like my before and afters speak for themselves, Dr. Jugenburg does amazing work! A lot of his reviews on here mention that he's an artist, and I couldn't agree more. I didn't for one second doubt that he would give me the best results possible. Plus everyone else at the clinic is so amazing! From the minute that I walked in I felt very comfortable. I booked my surgery very soon after my consult, so I had a lot of things to get done and quite a few questions. Everyone was there for me every step of the way, addressing my concerns faster than I could have imagined. Kim answered my million questions by e-mail in lightning speed, and Grace and Glenda were incredibly comforting and helpful. Aftercare has been fantastic too.