One of the Best Decisions I Ever Made for Myself - Toronto, ON

My background: Years ago, I lost over a 100 pounds...

My background: Years ago, I lost over a 100 pounds and no matter what I did my arms wouldn't go down in size. I was very depressed because no matter how much weight I lost my arms stayed the same, which made me feel like I was still overweight!

Then I did some research online, and found out that excess skin is very common in people that lost a lot of weight. I looked at a million before and afters, read other people's stories on here, and after a few months decided to have this surgery.

The surgery itself: I've been super lucky because I've had absolutely no complications, the 'worse' thing being that I had some sutures come out of my elbows, about a month and a half into recovery. I took 2 weeks off of work, for about one week I walked around like a mummy, 2 weeks I mostly had swelling at the end of the day, and at 3 weeks I could lift my arms over my head.

I'll update with more progress photos once the scars heal more!

New Clothes!

There's an ice storm outside so I thought I'd try on some dresses I bought after the surgery. It's so nice not to have to add a cardigan/shawl! I also found an old before photo on my phone, so hard to believe that's what I used to look like.

4 Month scar update

Some areas are still a little red, others are fading very nicely! I'm using silicone patches on the elbows where the scar is the most prominent, seems to be helping a bit. All in all, I'm back to 100% and I feel like I've never had surgery.

Almost 10 Months Scar Update

Super happy with my scar progress so far! I want to give it another year, then maybe try laser scar removal.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

I feel like my before and afters speak for themselves, Dr. Jugenburg does amazing work! A lot of his reviews on here mention that he's an artist, and I couldn't agree more. I didn't for one second doubt that he would give me the best results possible. Plus everyone else at the clinic is so amazing! From the minute that I walked in I felt very comfortable. I booked my surgery very soon after my consult, so I had a lot of things to get done and quite a few questions. Everyone was there for me every step of the way, addressing my concerns faster than I could have imagined. Kim answered my million questions by e-mail in lightning speed, and Grace and Glenda were incredibly comforting and helpful. Aftercare has been fantastic too.

Wow. I love tour arms!!
Your arm scars look amazing. Faint and not noticeable,thick or red. Very beautiful results.
I am so happy for you. I too have had arm lift surgery. Mine are still quite red 10 weeks post op. thanks for sharing your photos. It's wonderful not to feel as if you are always hiding your arms. Best wishes for you.
Your arms look amazing! And your scarring is beautifully disappearing!! Wow, i just had a arm lift 6 weeks ago, and my incision is similar to your six weeks and looking great as well. I just had a quick question since your scar looks amazing, i noticed you mentioned you used silicone strips, that's what my doc recommended and preferably that rather than any creams.. did you use the silicone all throughout your progress or did you take some days off from it, i buy the strips and its a little hassle sometimes keeping them on only with long sleeve shirts or compression and the ones i bought are a little pricey. Just curious on if that's all you used or if used any other method? i appreciate it :)
Wow! I hope I get results like yours! Beautiful!!! So happy for you!!
Thank you! Are you getting an armlift too?
Yes I hope to get one sometime this fall. I'm still working on convincing my husband. I just had a breast revision last year and a mini face lift in May. Lots of $$$ but want this so bad.
You are BEAUTIFUL!! Your Dr did an outstanding job!! I hope to get the same results on July 10th!
Thank you :) Wow, that's in 3 days, good luck, I'm sure you'll look fantastic!
Hello, congratulations on your weight loss and successful surgery. I understand the recovery time for this is around 6 weeks. I'm just wondering how long it took you before you could exercise again or lift something heavy. And then how long it took before you were back to 100%.
Thanks for sharing. Yours is one of the best outcomes I've seen and I think that has a lot to do with the fact that you got to your goal weight before having surgery. I've seen posts from a lot of disappointed people who are still on the heavier side.
Thank you! I wanted to make sure that I had the best results possible, way too much money for me to want to go through another surgery!
:) I had the same surgeon - You look amazing!
So nice to see your review, one of the best outcomes I have seen...your PS did a great job. I do think the fact that you had lost all the needed weight helped too. So many times people go in before they have finished their journey and expect miracles...
Thank you, yours was one of the reviews that actually sold me on doing this because procedure! You look fantastic, and I wish you luck with the LBL. Honestly, I didn't even consider doing this before I lost all the weight because I thought everything would bounce back... the last few months I've learned so much about major weight loss!
Wow! Amazing work! You look sooo amazing! & congrats on the weight loss! Your body is looking so fit and perfect :) Also, the dresses look lovely! My fav is the white and blue striped! So cute! Congrats! Xo
Aw, thank you so much, you're so sweet. I'm hoping to get my boobs done for the new year!
Stunning!
Thank you, you look very lovely yourself :)
I had Brachioplasty in July. I continue to have a lot of swelling around my elbows almost causing my arms to appear like there's a "bump" at my elbow. You are much younger than I am, but I am wondering if you experienced anything like this.
My incision actually goes all the way into my elbow, while yours looks like it stops short of it, maybe that has something to do with it? Have you talked to your PS about it yet?
Hello. Your arms look great! Question, I'm having a tummy tuck and arm lift jan 14th at the same time. Did you have a TT too? Would you recommend that at the same time? My dr says he does it all the time but I'm worried it's too much!
Thank you, and I wish I had a tt done too, I need one badly. Sorry I can't be much help on that front, but I know a lot of ladies on here had those surgeries at the same time!
Was it painful? Could you use your arm to get out of the chair? Use them for anything? Did you get cut in the arm pit?
I only took percocet for 2 days, then tylenol 3 for 2 more days. It wasn't really painful, so much as incredibly uncomfortable. I tried not to use my arms for 2 weeks at all, and anytime I'd get out of a chair/bed I'd use my stomach muscles, so if I was in your case I'd seriously consider sleeping in a recliner. My incision goes all the way from my armpit to my elbow.