35 Yrs Old, Mother of 3. Full Tummy Tuck - Toronto, ON

Going in for surgery tomorrow and freaking out! ...

Going in for surgery tomorrow and freaking out! Can't sleep but I'm so ready and not turning back! Before photos posted:) a little history: I am 35 years old. 5'3" and 155lbs. I never struggled with my weight (was always 100lbs) till after my first son. I gained 90lbs, lost gained, lost again yadda yadda. I have gone for 3 consultations since then and after having a stillborn daughter last year I have decided I won't be doing that again and am ready to this is. Losing my daughter has taught me life is too short and fragile. Be kind to yourself, no one else is responsible for your happiness but you :)

Day after full tummy tuck

Well yesterday I was feeling pretty shabby, like hey I can do this, it ain't that bad. Today different story, pain from hell and I feel totally helpless. The biggest bummer is that I like to sleep on my side but I move a lot, side to side and I just can't right now. So uncomfortable :( on another note, I'm not as swollen as I thought I would be love my new tummy even now the way it is. I can't wait to see the real end result

Going on day 3

Ok pain is still bad mostly getting up and and sitting down etc.. But what's surprising is that my belly doesn't shut up! I'm gassy, heartburn, neck and back pain and all I can say is gasx is my best friend right now :)

Day 4 and depressed :(

I feel a bit better physically every day but my emotions are getting the best of me. I'm just so tired of all this and want to be healed over and done with. Anyone else feel this way?

Day 4 post op

Day 4 post op, more photos

Day 5 post op

Feeling so much better, thank goodness. I can get up fairly easily now. No more pain killers. Just every now and then I get some stabbing pains around the belly button. And itchiness around the incisions. Overall I'm feeling a lot better. I'm hoping Monday these drains will be removed :)

Day 8 post op

Ok feeling so so much better, no where near 100% but feels a lot closer that's for sure. Had my pre op appt yesterday and saw my belly for the first time. It's swollen and yada yada but I am so impressed with my scar. It's so thin and pink, complete closed with no oozing or leaking whatsoever. Even the nurse had to take a photo and send to the surgeon for him to admire his work. She said he is a genius, and I have to concur :). Everything was stitched from the inside so there are no sutures visible. I wish I could show u all but it's taped up again. I have one tip I learned over the last few days. When u feel that tickle in your nose to sneeze, plug your nose real tight till it subsides. I sneezed and felt like my belly button blew up, no more of that. Works pretty good, I've heard of people holding a pillow to their bellies to sneeze, but it still hurt like hell.

8 days post op

2 weeks post op

So it's been 2 weeks and tomorrow I go in to finally get these horrid drains removed, thank the gods! I'm almost completely painless and standing upright for a while now which surprises me, thought that wouldn't happen for a while. Only concern I have is my belly button, no pus or oozing but it's red and spitting out sutures like it's nobody's business. Doesn't hurt but feels irritated. I'm hoping I will hear all is well tomorrow ! Kind of nervous:(

16 days post op

6 weeks post op

K so I'm 6 weeks post op, thought if update since I'm well on my way and feeling more human. My scar is beautiful, everything was sewn underneath the skin so no sutures visible or needing removing, I had some issues with healing of the belly button but it is almost completely healed now (yes I smoked, screw it). Overall I feel great, it's been a long recovery and painful as hell but I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!

6weeks post

Toronto Plastic Surgeon

So far I love the clinic, they were straight forward and didn't sugar coat anything. I was beaming after my consultation after hearing from another doctor I was too fat for a tummy tuck :( My excellent plastic surgeon is Dr. Quinton Chivers at Lafontaine Cosmetic Surgery, Yonge St, one who said I was too fat for surgery was Dr. Delorenzi in Kitchener, On... Just an FYI.