32 Years Old, 3 Kids, Mini Tummy Tuck with Muscle Repair and Lipo on Inner and Outer Thighs and Flanks - Toronto, ON

I've wanted liposuction on my inner and outer...

I've wanted liposuction on my inner and outer thighs since I was a teenager. I've always been physically fit, and I exercise and do resistance-training at least twice per week. After the birth of my 3rd child, I decided it was time to make the changes to my body that I've wanted for so long. I currently weigh 125lbs, and I am 5'8" tall. I've weighed 125lbs my entire adult life, so losing weight was not going to help me get rid of the excess skin around my abdomen, or the bulges on my upper thighs.

I had a consult with my plastic surgeon in February 2014, and booked my surgery for August 5, 2014. I wanted to have a good amount of time to really think about all the pros and cons of having surgery. My youngest child will be 18 months old at the time of my surgery, and this worries me a little, because he loves being held, and I won't be able to pick him up for about 6 weeks. That will be tough. But I think if I wait any longer to complete the surgery, I simply won't have the available time to do it.

I've posted some "before" photos. Surgery is in 5 weeks! I'll post more photos after the surgery has been completed.

Slight change of plans

So....I've done a LOT of thinking over the past few weeks. I've decided not to go ahead with my mini-tummy tuck. HOWEVER, I am going ahead with liposuction on my inner and outer thighs and my flanks.

I still want to correct the skin below my navel, but I just can't envision being able to recover properly with a very active 18 month old who needs a LOT of attention. I want to be able to have the best results possible, and I know I can't give myself the time I need to recover properly from an abdominal incision. Liposuction is something that is manageable for me at this point in my life, and I think if I want to have liposuction, I should do it while my skin still has good elasticity. In 5 years, I'll pursue a mini tummy tuck again.

I've posted a video for those who have asked to see what my thighs look like before surgery.

Honestly you don't even need a tummy tuck. Your post preggo stomach looks better than 90 % of the general population! But if you do I advise waiting until you can give yourself proper healing time. My BA was so incredibly painful to recover from I am glad I had 3 days to do nothing but sit and two weeks of light activity after. That was with Demerol.
Thank you porcupinelove, I do appreciate the compliment :) I decided about 3 weeks ago to wait on the tummy tuck until after my youngest is in school full time. I'm proceeding with the lipo as planned though.
Make sure you're aware of how minimal the results are with a mini. I had a mini, umbilical float with full muscle repair in April 2014, and will be having revision surgery this winter because of excess skin that still remains, especially above bb. I'm not over weight at all, workout 5 days a week, have two boys... So upsetting that I didn't go with a full TT in the first place
I'm so sorry your results were not all that you'd hoped for twoboys76. You must be so frustrated, especially after having gone through the recovery for a mini already. I don't have enough loose skin for a full TT, and I'm not willing to take on a super long scar. But I appreciate your advice, I hope your revision goes well. How is your surgeon planning to correct the loose skin above your bellybutton? Your mini TT scar looks great by the way!
We havnt made the final decision on the revision yet, either a reverse TT, skin only ofcoarse, where an incision will be made in/under breast folds to the center, excess skin would be lifted. Or converting to a full, which will put my bb at risk of loosing to much blood supply and turning black. I too was told by my surgeon that I really didnt have enough extra skin for a full, that I would have not only a longer scar but also a small verticle scar from my old bb... I'd much rather have that then having the results I have now and having to get it re-done. I didn't think the recovery was that bad honestly was much easier than I expected, especially since I had full muscle repair. Above my bb did not have the indentations and the loose skin didnt appear so loose before my TT! I know some of the indentation is from sutures internally that still havnt fully resolved. I was still very swollen in those pics too. I commented to your post because I'd just don't want someone else to be in my position. And it seems like from what iv been reading, many end up unhappy with the mini. What ever you decide to do I hope all goes well and you get great results:)
Can put a pic of your thighs as well. I am having my inner & outer thighs done in October 2014...I would like to see if you have any saddle bags like my on your thighs.
Hi rose31, I'll try to find a pic and post it as soon as I can MJ
Hello, I am having a BA and mini TT with muscle repair July 16th in Toronto as well. My stomach looks fairly similar to yours. Are you having the umbilical float procedure? Also can I ask who your PS is?
Hi Jewlz, I considered an umbilical float, but ultimately decided that I am happy with the way my stomach looks above my belly button, and so chose to go with just the mini-tummy tuck for my lower abdomen. My plastic surgeon will be Dr. Ali Adibfar.
Ok thank you for your reply! I am going to Dr. Brown for my BA and mini TT:)
I am looking forward to seeing your results.  Thank you for posting all of the great before pictures.
You look great! I am sure you'll have great results. I am also struggling with when to do the surgery due to little ones. I was thinking you could lift little ones before 6 weeks with a mini, but sounds like not...?
andilynn10, I think the consensus is that you can start lifting things between 10-20lbs about 3-4 weeks after surgery, and heavier things 6 weeks after a mini tt. My youngest is just over 25lbs and super active, so I'll have to really be careful with when I choose to life him. I'm starting to teach him how to climb into and out of his car seat and into and out of our van. He does stairs fine. Now to figure out the crib....