32 Years Old, 3 Kids, Lipo on Inner and Outer Thighs and Flanks - Toronto, ON

I've wanted liposuction on my inner and outer...

I've wanted liposuction on my inner and outer thighs since I was a teenager. I've always been physically fit, and I exercise and do resistance-training at least twice per week. After the birth of my 3rd child, I decided it was time to make the changes to my body that I've wanted for so long. I currently weigh 125lbs, and I am 5'8" tall. I've weighed 125lbs my entire adult life, so losing weight was not going to help me get rid of the excess skin around my abdomen, or the bulges on my upper thighs.

I had a consult with my plastic surgeon in February 2014, and booked my surgery for August 5, 2014. I wanted to have a good amount of time to really think about all the pros and cons of having surgery. My youngest child will be 18 months old at the time of my surgery, and this worries me a little, because he loves being held, and I won't be able to pick him up for about 6 weeks. That will be tough. But I think if I wait any longer to complete the surgery, I simply won't have the available time to do it.

I've posted some "before" photos. Surgery is in 5 weeks! I'll post more photos after the surgery has been completed.

Slight change of plans

So....I've done a LOT of thinking over the past few weeks. I've decided not to go ahead with my mini-tummy tuck. HOWEVER, I am going ahead with liposuction on my inner and outer thighs and my flanks.

I still want to correct the skin below my navel, but I just can't envision being able to recover properly with a very active 18 month old who needs a LOT of attention. I want to be able to have the best results possible, and I know I can't give myself the time I need to recover properly from an abdominal incision. Liposuction is something that is manageable for me at this point in my life, and I think if I want to have liposuction, I should do it while my skin still has good elasticity. In 5 years, I'll pursue a mini tummy tuck again.

I've posted a video for those who have asked to see what my thighs look like before surgery.

1 day post op

Surgery was yesterday (Aug 5th) and everything went perfectly. I am very glad I chose not to have a mini tummy tuck done along with the liposuction I received. I don't believe I could have recovered properly from a tummy tuck with 2 young children running around!

I'm really pleased with my results so far. I've got a fair bit of swelling, but I can still see that my thighs and waist have been reduced in size quite a bit. I finally feel proportionate! The bruising is not as bad as I thought it was going to be. So far the pain has been manageable with just regular strength Advil. I do have a high pain tolerance though. I am hopeful that I should be able to resume my normal activities in about 2 weeks time.

Post Op Day 4

Still pretty swollen which is discouraging because it's hard to see any difference between the way I looked before and the way I look now.

9 days post op

I met with my surgeon yesterday to have my stitches removed. Now I just have steri-strips on the incision sites which feels so much better and less itchy. My surgeon had no concerns with my healing and said that I could start wearing Spanx now instead of my compression garment because my compression garment was leaving awful indents in my lipo sites. After switching to Spanx for one day I can already see a marked improvement in my shape. Here are some of my post op photos from day 9. The swelling continues to go down and the bruising is fading. My surgeon says I will continue to shrink over the next 3 months. I have some small hard lumps that are collections of lymphatic fluid that will drain away over time and with the help of some massage.

16 days post op

Wow! Swelling has gone down a lot and bruising is almost gone. Pretty much pain free at this point. My incisions are not symmetrical on my tummy and I'm not sure why. A little disappointed by that but the scars will be nearly invisible in 6 months so it's not a big deal.

feeling pretty sexy!

I am just about 4 weeks post open and loving my new bod!
One of the incisions on my right hip opened up last week, but some prescription antibiotic cream and gauze bandaging has it healed up properly now. Still a little swollen on my sides and inner thighs but otherwise feeling great!

4 months post op - final results

I am now 4 months post op. My results are fantastic! My thighs are considerably smaller and my waist is much more defined. My scars are quite faded now but will continue to fade until they are almost invisible. I have been using Kelo Coate on my scars (a silicone scar gel) and that has helped my scars heal much faster. I still have some tenderness and numbness in my inner thighs but nothing really noticeable. Over all I am happy with my results. I have been running regularly since my surgery which has helped my tummy but the loose skin is still there when I bend over. I may still consider a mini tummy tuck but not for another 10 years or so.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Adibfar was wonderful. He is very approachable and yet still very professional. I felt at ease asking questions and never felt rushed. He provides honest answers and doesn't try to talk you into anything. His work is impeccable. I would highly recommend him. He called me at home the day after my surgery to check on me and to make sure I was doing alright and following my post op instructions. He also provides his personal cell number to patients to call at any time if they have questions or concerns. He has an excellent patient coordinator, Agata Kusiba, and she is very understanding and quick to respond to emails and phone calls.