Not for Me - Toledo, OH

I tried botox as a last result for chronic...

I tried botox as a last result for chronic migraines. The day after the botox treatment I had a migraine for 2 days all day long, along with a stiff neck. The stiff neck continued for three days with no relief except for taking a muscle relaxant at night but then I would wake up still with a stiff neck worse then the day before. I finally went to the e.r. on Thursday and they gave me a shot of valium and toradol. That has relieved some of the stiffness but not all and I'm still suffering.

Still having stiif neck and now migraines!!!

It's going on 2 weeks since my botox tx and my neck is stiff and very sore. For the past week I have lived on 800mg of Motrin and Valium. I had such a bad migraine yesterday I had to leave work come home and take a valium and torodol injection. Today I was still unable to work because of the stiff sore neck and another migraine. This is horrible and I would never reccomend botox for migraine therapy to anyone!!! On top of that I have refused to go back to that doctor because he and his medical staff refuse to return my calls or follow up knowing the pain I am in. I have had to go to my own doctor and even the ER..

Cost

I am not sure of the cost yet. The $10 was my co-pay will up date when I know.
Dr. Heftzy

Going on 3 weeks and just went to the ER too and my Neurologist is not concerned. They gave me Dilaton (stronger than morphine) and Soma (a strong muscle relaxer). I was told this could last up to 3 to 4 months because that is how long the botox takes to get out of your system. My Doc also just put me on vicadin and valium and now flexeril instead of valium after I went to the ER because I said the two together were not working. Never doing this again, I can't seem to do anything that involves the muscles of my neck. Glad I am not the only one who went to the ER.
I understand. My neck hasn't been the same since botox!
the $10 is my co-pay I have no idea what the actual cost is yet. Will update when I know.
I had a similar issue with my neck on my first round. This time, I requested no injections in my neck; problem solved. I hope this helps.
Thanks for the info but I don't think botox is for me especially from this doctor!
Yes, it sounds like they are just giving you "standard" injections as opposed to listening to what you need. I'm so sorry. The first round of injections I had this terrible neck pain. It mostly resolved within 2 weeks, and was very slight the rest of the time. I hope that is the case for you.
I will not be going back for a second round but tks for the reply.