Tummy Tuck & Lipo of Back and Inner Thighs - Mexico, MX

So, I have been one of those lurkers. I have been...

So, I have been one of those lurkers. I have been reading, looking and watching. I am a 50 yr old widow with no children. I am doing this alone and for myself. A little afraid to be a woman traveling the world on my own but I do not feel like the outside matches the inside in anyway. As if this body is not my own. OK, yes for 4 years I have been eating my feelings but I need out. I need to be me again.

First, I went with a company called PalcidWay and had a very good co-ordinator. However the people at Mexicali Health Care representing Dr. Maurice Aceves Guirard could not even spell my name properly. This after it was pointed out to them a minimum of 7 times and the surgery was cancelled.

Then I tried GoSulputra and after getting a very low quote for a Dr. in Tijuana I got excited again. However I could only find information on their doctors on their own web site. None of the association they had listed would confirm the doctors are members in good standing. So, yet again no surgery.

I was depressingly thinking this is never going to happen and I am now to afraid to go to another country for plastic surgery. How can I trust anyone. I do not want to be one of those news stories about women disappearing in foreign country. Anyway.....

I started contacting doctors directly mostly from what I read on this very site, from ordinary people who seem to have no connection with the doctors. I finally found Fatimeh at Dra. Cardenas and Ronnie at the Beauty Care Recovery House in Tijuana. I am now scheduled for surgery on October 28th, 2013 but the details have not yet been finalized.

Who knew posting pictures of a body you don't like on the web would be this hard!! I am hoping this is the one place I do not have to be alone.

Work

Well I am a medical laboratory tech in Canada, which means I work in a hospital all day. So, I do have some insider information. No one seems to be saying when they go back to work or what they do. Truly I am more worried about going back to work that being able to go to the gym. Anyone want to share their back to work experiences?

Medical Grade Honey

For those who have opening incisions or drain holes that open or even your belly button, think about honey. Yes, I said Honey. Specifically medical grade honey. I have seen it do wonders for incisions that opened and became necrotic and had white smelly stuff in them and did not heal for LITERALLY months be miraculously started on the way to healing with honey. In once instance it was applied to a surgical incision that had become infected and refused to heal, left covered and 3 days later took it off and a whole schwack of gook came out and it was pink under neath!

In my kit for after surgery I have some MEDIHONEY® with Active Leptospermum Honey. Just thought I would share some of the none medical healing that I have seen in my medical career. As always research for yourselves if you are interested.

Worry

So today is filled with should I / shouldn't I. As I get all the information together there are little costs everywhere and if I write it all down I am 1,000 over the budget I have set for myself and that is not even taking into consideration my flight from Canada to Mexico, well San Diego really. I wonder how everyone else gets past this point. Although I really really want to feel on the outside how I do on the inside at what point do I say no, this is just to much budget pressure & unknown recovery or just do what I want in my heart come hell or high water. I am having very vivid dreams all mixed up and have no idea what to make of them. I do know everyone here says it is a major emotional roller coaster but I thought that was after the actual operation.

My post op kit includes

- Bach Original Flower Essences, Rescue Remedy Spray ( for the emotional ups & downs)
- Medi-Honey (just in case)
- Boiron, Arnicare Gel (for the bruising) this brand only because I like the gel form it soaks in better, but any brand gel would work.
- Now Foods, Turmeric & Bromelain (for the swelling) this brand only because I can't find the combo in any other brand
- Magnesium Bis Glycinate (to help muscle pain & cramps) this form of magnesium is better absorbed than most others
- lots of yogurt (ok, greek yogurt) to help the flora that the antibiotics will kill.
- pineapple & cucumber & ice slushy (will help with retaining water)
- Boost with extra protein (in case my appetite is not good) You need lots of protein to assist your muscle in recovery.
- A couple of "Chillows". No don't laugh. One day I was watching a commercial that said this slim thing put in your pillow would stop you from sweating at night. I got sucked in and bought 2 for the price of one!! and it definitely works. I no longer wake up with sweaty neck & hair. anyway I plan to use them to cool down spots during recovery so I don't have to get up and get ice so often.
- Book - Being you, Changing the world by Dr. Dain Heer. A very good motivational book that helps people get through the times times faster. Yes, I have read it before but it won't hurt to read it again when I think "what have I just done to myself"

If you haven't realized by now I am a little bit off centre and open to trying things that are not in the main stream. If things work, I pass them on as often as I can, my form of spreading the word as it were. If they don't I say nothing or if someone else is talking about I will share that it did not work for me.

I am sure I will add to this weird and wacky list. If anyone has suggestions, no matter how weird you think they are..PLEASE, share them with me.

Cash-ola

Does it bother any of Dr. Cardenas' patients that she requires you to pay in cash? Did it bother you to be going into a foreign country with thousands of dollars of cash? What was your experience with that?

cancelation

I have canceled all plans for a tummy tuck this year. I have just had some personal issues surface and will not be going forward for the time being.

Mexicali Health Care

I have finally received my refund from MHC that was promised by Carlo Bonfante, International Patient Co ordinator. I can not stress enough how I am so glad I did not use this company. Over the 7 or 8 weeks it took me to research this company who was recommended by PlacidWay not one person from MHC could spell my name correctly not even on the contract! Each time I corrected them it seemed I was the one being unreasonable. I was offer a refund by Carlo Bonfante and he actually told me the cheque was sent August 21, 2013. When I received it September 20th, 2013 it was dated September 9, 2013. This is only one of the issues which leads me to believe this is a company not to be trusted for any medical service, little own anythign else. During my research I found a woman who had a terrible time with MHC and Carlo's excuse was that it was many years ago (2009) however I can guarantee you that the Customer Service has not changed in the past 4 years.

Doing your research if anyone from Mexicali Health Care says this review must be from a competitor please contact me. I am from Canada and would be glad to give you information to contact me in person.

OK... let's try this again

18 months ago I started to get serious about a TT & lipo of my thighs but sadly run out of money. I am starting my journey again hopefully all the way to the flat side!

I am currently looking for feedback on a recovery house. Cost, Quality and anything else you have to share. Please anyone can you tell me about the different options in Tijuana and your opinions.

switching doctors

It has been 18 months since my first research into doctors and recovery houses in Tijuana so I thought I would do a little more research now that I am ready to move forward with a tummy tuck and lip of my inner thighs.

I am finding that there has been a corporate war over the past few years with a few recovery houses going out of business. I am thinking of going with Dr. Pantoja instead of Dr. Candenas. Any comments or opinions out there?

May 26, 2015

Dr. Pantoja has room that day as does Our Friends house. Having difficulty putting down the down payments. I don't know why. I have the money, everything ready to go but that last step... well I just can't make myself do it. Guuurrrrrrr!

Tissucol or Tisseel

I have decided to pay an extra $500.00. Simply put it is glue to hold tissue together. It will ensure that there is less swelling and fluid retention as well as help prevent any seroma from happening. I would be interested in hearing anyone else's experience with this.

In addition to the tissue glue Dr. P will be putting stitches to hold my skin down. In Canada this is called a quilting technique. These two things should help me have a shorter recovery with less complications.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon