The Phoenix flew February 2012..Surgery in Tijuana, MX

February 14, 2012 Been having mixed emotions about...

February 14, 2012 Been having mixed emotions about this very big journey I am about to embark on. On our way home today, talking to my boyfriend I felt anxiety coming on. I have never had any surgeries, other than having 4 live births. Even started thinking about that made my stomach turn a little. As I type, my stomach is a little uneasy. Yes, this will be a long flight. I went to my new Dr. today, and she was glad to run tests for me, EKG, as I am 45 and it is required by my Dr. in Mexico.

I told my Dr. what I was planning, and she told me well, as your physician I am required to tell you of the risks of having surgery somewhere other than the US, etc..which was nice of her, as it was out first time meeting. I will see her when I come back from Mexico. She said she will refer me to surgeon to make sure I am healing properly. Did I mention she is pregnant and due in May? I couldn't help to think of her belly, stretch marks, her breasts...yikes, poor lady. She doesn't know what she is getting herself into!

Getting back to my flight: My phoenix flight takes off Thursday 16, 2012 from Sac Airport to San Diego. From there, we will be picked up by transportation arranged by the clinic and driven into TJ. Normally, you are picked up, and taken to clinic for lab tests then consult with the doctor, then off to surgery. In my case, I chose to meet with Dr. and have surgery the next day. That way, me and the boyfriend have time to have a little fun before the surgery. Did I mention I have an awesome boyfriend? He has supported my decision and will be there with me to care for me when I am released from the hospital.

We will be in TJ for 5 days while I recuperate. BTW my costs includes, Dr.'s fees, Anesthesia fees (Dr.'s), Hospital fees, Medications while in hospital, Blood/lab work, compressive garments, as well as subsequent Dr. visits. Not included: Pain meds to take home, Hotel, flight, or transportation. I chose basic plan. They do have upgraded plan. Back to surgery, via emails and telephone conversations I decided on a breast augmentation, tummy tuck and lipo.

The Dr. recommended a C cup..I am currently 38B (fried eggs). Yes, I breast fed all 4 of my kids ages 17-27 and have had volume loss, although, not totally saggy. I would like a D, although I am very active and do not want "the melons" to get in the way. I will decide when I get there. As per the tummy tuck, well 4 kids later at age 45, wouldn't you? It is funny how others see us as opposed to how we see ourselves. I met a friend of a friend that will be having surgery on the 17th, also in TJ, although different Dr.'s. We exchanged numbers and will be keeping in touch while in Mexico. That's all for now. I will keep you informed once I have the procedure, as I will have my laptop with me.

February 15, 2012. Feeling anxious, nervous,...

February 15, 2012.

Feeling anxious, nervous, and little sick to my stomach. Flight leaves tomorrow. Texted new found friend (also having surgery in TJ) and let her know about this great website. She asked what I was taking with me to Mexico as far a clothes. I told her whatever I wear in..jeans for the flight etc., 4 pairs of granny panties, zip up sweatsuit, robe, nightie, wipes, and other toiletries, and stretchy pants to wear home, with button up top, size 1X just make sure I will be comfty and flip flops, no hassle flight shoes.

Talked to both my sisters and they can't wait to see my results, cause they too want mommy makeovers. Adding my before pics today.
Thanks, love this website and will recommend to as many people as I think it might help. I loaded my before pics, after might take a little longer. I researched and decided on silicone.

Thank you for starting your story here on RealSelf! I'm glad you have some good support. What sort of implants are you going with?

I'll be watching this space and following your journey. Take deep breaths and keep your eyes on the prize.

You might want to check out JenBob's article on her mommy makeover. It's a great, informative read.

Arrived in San Diego with no problems, although...

Arrived in San Diego with no problems, although forgot to get cash for my Dr. Appt. After finally getting what I needed, finally arrived at our hotel, Lucerna. Nice place, clean, quiet, with nice balcony view $78 a night. We had big lunch, and took a walk around town. Lots of medical and professional buildings.

Finally met with Dr. Cisneros..nice guy, explained pretty much everything, very thorough. Think I am going with the D's, and he also suggested brazilian butt lift, although he said booty was still high, this would lift and make rounder...lipo all over the place..excited, although have felt anxious all day, ans lots of skin to be removed. He started talking about how my waist would be small again...it's been a long time, as of late growing out of my size 10's!

Back at the hotel, had a nice dinner and hot tea..it is cold here in TJ in February. Decided to take hot bath, and look at the heavy phoenix for the last time. Tomorrow is the big day, 7am sharp. BTW, ran into fellow friend mommy makeover in SD, exchanged hugs and prayers...told her to text me when she was up to it...
good luck .. i will keep u in my prayers!!
Good luck! I will say a prayer for you.

February 17, 2012 Surgery day, we walked over...

February 17, 2012

Surgery day, we walked over to the ENT clinic/hospital at 7am, was promptly met by office staff and taken upstairs, where they had me fill out emergency contact, and other papers as required. Labs, IV, Medical information. Nightgown, pictures from the Dr. A pill to mellow me out. Off to surgery, it was 843am, Dr's came in drew all over me, I laid down, and remember nothing of the surgery. My boyfriend says when I came out of operating room, I said to him, I finally have real boobs...can't say I remember that. Started to come too in my room, still remember nothing. So far excellent care from Dr's and nursing staff. Love that I am ESL, and learned Spanish as a child. No food or water until tomorrow. Has a glass of OJ, and some broth, while the boyfriend had pizza...so wrong! But love the dude to death regardless. Dr. came in to check on me, and said he would be by tomorrow as well. He was not able to do all of the lipo we had discussed prior as my blood level was too low. He basically said I was anemic...that was a low blow, but I did tell him I have been prone to anemia in the past, but thought I had it under control. Explains why I am so tired all of the time. He did complete some lipo in key ares.

February 17, 2012. Day one post op. Slept well...

February 17, 2012. Day one post op.

Slept well through the night, caught myself snoring...nurses came in through the night to empty drains and catheter baggie. Ate a hearty cottage cheese and fruit breakfast.

I have 3 drains that i can see, two in the front, and one in the back. Boobs feel hard and high. Nurse came in and unwrapped me, finally I can breathe..so hard to breathe normal when you are bound up. Moved from the bed to nearby sofa, felt fine, then the dizziness came, I knew it was fainting time...out I went, woke in a sweat, weird though, though I was dreaming (out of body experience). Dr. said very normal but he was concerned due to my anemia. He said if I didn't feel better within the hour that I might need blood transfusion. They gave me another bottle of IV, and he stressed that i drink 5 bottles of gatorade a day..had my first as the Dr. sat there monitoring me. He gave me prescriptions for pain meds and antibiotics and other items I would need, total of about $150 with instructions for taking them.

Finally felt better, and got in the shower. Unlike USA, they want you to shower everyday, clean wounds, use neosporin, then tape and wrap yourself back up. The wrap will come off before I leave on Tuesday, I will then be wearing the girdle and support bra that they give me. The shower made me 100% better. The nurse helped me with the shower, drying and cleaned me up and re-wrapped me. The Dr's partner, Laura, also a Dr. or General Dr. came by to see how I was doing and gave me more general information regarding after care and took us back to the hotel .

Just got back to my hotel from the hospital. I can't believe how tight my stomach is. I feel like a crouching tiger...although couldn't pounce for the life of me.
Think that really gets to me, just got up to go to the bathroom..omg, so hard to breathe...remember to get wipes ladies, and bed pads, cause you might leak especially if you get lipo.

My boyfriend is wore out, he said he is drained and is taking a nap. He got a little scared when I passed out. Pictures to come when he wakes.
hello, i would like to know the doctor info, i live in mexicali 2 hrs from tj, and i am ready for a mommy makeover thank you very much and good luck!!!!
Prayers be with you. Cant wait to see the new you.

February 19, 2012 Day 2 post op Hope everyone...

February 19, 2012 Day 2 post op

Hope everyone is doing well on their journey to tummy flatness. Woke up with terrible headache and back aches. I am a side sleeper and at this point too hard to roll over or move around with 3 drains in. My boyfriend unwrapped me and helped me in the shower. Got to say, that makes me feel human all over again. Let the hot water run down my aching back for quite awhile. Why do American Dr.'s say no showers, while Mexican Dr.'s say shower every day, wash and dry your wounds then apply neosporin, tape and wrap back up. I think because of the amount of time it takes. It took us about 2 hours for the whole process. I got dressed, boyfriend got a wheelchair provided by Hotel Lucerna and we went down stairs and had brunch. Not much of an appetite. Been drinking the gatorade as suggested by my Dr. I am not much of a drinker so this is a difficult task.

Dr. came by at 1pm to check me over. He unclogged one of my drains, as it had been bleeding, which caused a stinging, said quite normal as suction was not working properly. Everything is looking good, suggested I get up and walk around the hotel garden if I am up to it, which I am not. Still walking with a hunch. He suggested I needed to drink more gatorade for headache or tylenol with codeine for headache. He will be coming by tomorrow with girdle and bra..time for pain med.
Thanks for all the well wishes, I am recuperating in the care of the most wonderful boyfriend. Mostly uncomfortable with terrible back pain. I am not used to sleeping on my back, or being hunched over. Maylu, my Dr. is Javier Lopez Cisneros in TJ. He is very informative and did a great job. If you can afford, I suggest for you to use the in-hotel nurse care. You can find his information on the internet. Best wishes.
Thank you. Can't wait to feel like independent me again. For now, relying on the boyfriend.
Thank you.

February 21, 2012 Day 3 Post op Woke up around...

February 21, 2012 Day 3 Post op

Woke up around 5am, wide awake, so decided to walk around hotel room. Almost standing straight!!! Yea, me! Fell back to sleep, and didn't wake till almost 9am. Couldn't wait for shower. Dr. Cisneros and Dr. Laura came by about 9:30 am with my new sexy underwear...everything healing nicely, they fixed me all up, tape, gauze, unclogged one of the drains and then fitted me with compression garments, fun times! He suggested Excedrin migraine for headache, which caused me the most distress. It worked! Thank you Jesus!!!

Was a little dizzy after the garment, so decided I needed to eat. We brought oatmeal with us, which tasted so good, as appetite has been pretty much null and void. Got dressed, and we took taxi to the mall $4 or plaza walked around, had a kids burger meal at Burger King, and it was delicious...I know, right? Didn't buy anything, but ladies, cute shoes, clothes!!! If I felt better, watch out! We went to the Cineplex and watched a movie, The Vow...reclining, leather reserved seats..waiters, at your beck and call..well worth the $10 entry. Back at the hotel now, and cannot say anything negative about this experience thus far. Headed back to Cali tomorrow, and am looking forward to coming back for fun next time..well, who knows, maybe Brazilian booty lift?
I love reading about your day, you are doing fabulous! I cant wait to see your tummy!! OMG I just read how the stretch marks on the boobs are gone from nursing?? Did you have a lift with implants or just implants? I def need a lift with all the weight loss. I so want my boobs done soon after this! The thought of going to Mexico is scary, I lived in San Diego from 1991-1996 and actually would cross the border for dental care, are they up to our standards? Maybe not ----but if you research and find good reviews and recommendations it is a good way to save some money. I needed 2 crowns back then it cost me $50 in TJ. WOuld have cost over $1000 in San Diego. I am glad that you had a positive experience and glad that your doc is going to help you get the aftercare you need at home to follow up. One thing the pharmacy has such cheap meds so load up on whatever you need if you dont have an RX plan at home.
How many CCs did you get in your implants? I'm about the same size as you before and I want a D-DD after. I'm not sure what to go with. Thanks :)
baltimore jessi v,

425 cc's, high profile, round gel. I was a 38B, but would go upto 38D while breastfeeding, so Dr. and I both felt D's would fit my body/hips well. Love the new girls, and the stretch marks from breastfeeding are no where to be seen. Dr. recommended under breast as to not loose any nipple sensation. Best of wishes with your decision, and recovery for BA is cake!

We, hello ladies. Due to travel time yesterday,...

We, hello ladies. Due to travel time yesterday, migraine and peer exhaustion, I was not able to update yesterday..so this will be a synopsis...oh wait, dang it, potty break...BRB.

Time to give you some of the downfalls of this whole out of the country experience. While for this experience has not been so harsh, please remember ladies/gents that I am Hispanic and can speak fluent Spanish. With this being said, the Spanish that I understood however, was limited. I speak Spanglish so my translation is different. The reason I say this is this...other countries do not adapt for foreigners as we do in our most awesome USA. Know what you are getting into, ask for everything in English beforehand. Onward...

February 21, 2012 last afternoon in TJ. Day 4 post op. Since we had a late flight out of SD, we asked for late check out. Woke up around 830, hopped in the shower...long hot shower!!! Dried off, and the wonderful Boo, yes, that is our nicknames for each other, fixed humpty back up again...neosporin, gauze, tape, cleaned my drains..and ok, gonna say this cause I've seen the questions..how long should one wait before sex? No answer, I think it depends on you, your partner and your creativity...so you get the jest of this right? Everything worked as normal:) Happy partner, makes for a good morning:) Did I mention the full body girdle is crotchless? Ok, moving on. He went to breakfast, I got dressed and pretty for the trip home. My headache was to horrible to even think about going downstairs, plus no appetite. I had some instant oatmeal that we brought along for the trip and an Excedrin for breakfast

Been having horrible migraines...not something I normally have. Did I say debilitating? Nauseated. Food does not tastes good, the thought of gatorade makes we want to puke. I've been taking the Excedrin migraine, and it takes the edge off a little. I can honestly say this has been the worse part of this whole experience. Anyone else have this? Gonna do some more research on this. Took my medications and still felt sick, so ordered in room service....toast, fruit, tea...didn't help:(

The Dr. was delayed in coming by for our last visit, but we knew we needed to get out of town, as our flight left at 6:35pm. We decked out of hotel, and waited in the lobby area of hotel. He showed about 2pm, gave me written care instructions in English, and asked me to call if I had any questions whatsoever. He stated that as the compression girdle gets to loose then I will call his office and they will send smaller one. Shook hands and off we went on our shuttle transport across the border...break time...need some g a t o r a d e, yuck! At least the apple tastes delicious...eat and drink ladies, very important for our recovery!! Ok, back to hell story...My boyfriend could not have said this more eloquently on my FB post, as we were stuck at the border...Thank you 911 terrorist for frakkin and easy cross into the USA HELL! We were stuck in border traffic for 3.5 hours!!! So, I will say this is my 2nd least liked experience about surgery in TJ. My mistake, as I did not know because of the compression garment, and drinking liquids, I would have the urge to pee every 30 minutes, sheer torture!!! I was miserable to say the least! Nauseated, M I G R A I N E, and hungry. . It happened to be hot as well. Now mind you, if you are a traveler, then you know other countries do not have the standards that USA has with cars and emissions. The exhaust fumes were horrible. I felt bad for me, felt bad for the boo. Got out once to pee..50 cents...guess, we gotta pay for their toilet papers. I was glad to pay. 3.5 hours later, made it to check point (this is were I screwed up) just to find out we had to get out of transport and walk through immigration!!! I wanted to cry. Actually the migraine was so bad, it actually felt good to cry, guess it decompresses your brain.. What a joke!! Mind you, I just had tummy tuck with muscle repair, lipo, and breast implants, with 3 drains still attached to me! And the drains that this doc used are not the little tiny ones that I have seen American doctors use, these are expandable and are about. 5.5 inches across! Not easy to hide. I used a messenger bag, which hid them quite nicely. Let them (customs) know that you are there on medical, so you will not have to remove and show them your gory insides, lol. The driver let us know he would meet us on the other side of trolley. Thank goodness, an American bathroom!!! Walked some more...ugh!! Couldn't find our driver and a little panic set in..don't know how as my head was full of PAIN. Found him, and headed off for SD with no more glitches. Then the nausea set in again...panic, where will I vomit if I have to? Ate some chewy sour candy which helped...but yes, almost lost it. Asked driver to open window, which helped and wore the boo's dark sunglasses. Made it to the airport at 540 or so. If you are traveling for surgery, make sure you use their wheelchair service. You will be treated well. Because I could not take bag off and have it scanned, I had to go into "special room" and be patted down. More torture as I was exhausted, miserable..etc. With that all done and said, they looked through my bag, then off we were. Back in wheelchair, front of the line:) On board, and felt nauseated..could it be the long, hot exhausting day? Did I mention migraine? Gagged a couple times on the plane...did not feel good at all. But I hadn't eaten since morning, so I had nothing to throw up. Put dark glasses on and wished myself home. Think I either passed out or fell asleep out of pure exhaustion...more tears. Wheelchair was waiting on arrival, awesome, and we were on our way home. Shuttle to car. Was so nauseated that we stopped and got some steamed rice, which tasted like nothing, which you ladies know, you really have to force yourself to eat..ride felt tortuously long, although just 30 minutes away..went upstairs, went pee, then right to bed. God, I missed my bed, my sheets, etc.. Boyfriend got me cold towel, he put everything away, lights went out, and so was I. He went out to get bite to eat and pick up some fruit and smoothie type drinks for me...I know, he is the best. Woke only once during the night to use the bathroom.

NOTE: If you are considering going to TJ for surgery, whether you use my Dr. or any other Mexican Dr. make sure you have details, details, details...get it all in English, and fly into TJ. Less hassle and headache, as I stated next to these horrible headaches that I've been getting, it was the worst experience...again, thank you terrorist for making traveling from Mexico so horrible.

February 22, 2012 5 days post op
Woke up at 750am with horrible headache, yet again. Feel like these compression garments are my private torture chambers...ok, it's not that bad. Was able to go downstairs and drink a little of the smoothie juice..ate a couple crackers. Tried to watch a little tv, but headache just horrible. Thought, maybe cause I haven't been drinking coffee since I started this journey..maybe that would help? Nope, and I love coffee. The taste was terrible. Took 2 ibuprofen, an Excedrin and my antibiotics, kissed the boo goodbye (he went back to work) and back upstairs I went. Texted, FB..and fell asleep with the cold cloth on my head again. What is it with these headaches? Got up, went backstairs, ate some honey yogurt, a couple blue corn chips, water...and brought some upstairs with me along with dreaded G A T O R A D E! Managed to get in the shower at 2 or so. Felt marvelous to take compression bra and girdle off. I put the cute outfit to wash as I had worn in since Monday. In the shower, I used a wooden bench to sit on. Invest in some type of shower chair ladies..your back will appreciate it. Ok, here comes the fun part. When I got out of the shower I was so exhausted that I wrapped my hair,wrapped by body and crawled back into bed and just laid there for 30 minutes,decompressing? You are waiting for the fun part? How awkward it is to bandage yourself back up? Boobs, belly, etc..This took me about an hour! Since my outfit was drying I used some compression running pants I had, put my bra back on, and put another compression type workout top I have. BTW, still have a headache! Anyone have a suggestion, please share. My daughter came home from school, and does not want to see her beat up mom. She went out and got me a kids burger and fries, and I managed to eat some of it. Again, I am not a fast food freak by no means, but I knew I might be able to hold this down, which I did. Gonna go downstairs and watch some missed recorded tv programs with the boo (The Walking Dead, Glee and Who's that Girl) and hopefully this headaches goes the heck away. Praying for a goodnight rest and for headache to go find some other poor fool to harass.
Oh hun, having lived in San Diego and crossing the border hell even pre-- 911, I can only imagine what that was like, that had to be sheer hell!!!!

I am a big coffee drinker after my arm surgery I would wake up with these mind numbing headaches that just killed me, my doc said to was the anesthesia getting out of my system, he told me to eat carbs, I lost all this weight on a low carb diet so I was like OMG no bread but finally I did--one day of stuffing in bread and milk and fruit a really hearty day of eating it passed,thank God!!!! I had them too, I thought it was from not drinking coffee for a day, so don't know what to tell you, it could also be your pain killers what are you taking?? Some of those cause splitting headaches! Keep healing I am sure you will be more comfy in your own home now!!!
I can't wait to see your after pics! I got a quote from your same doctor for a mommy makeover and brazilian butt lift. I haven't decided which doctor in Tijuana I'm going to use yet, so I'd like to see your results :)

February 24, 2012 7 days post op Been feeling a...

February 24, 2012 7 days post op

Been feeling a little better, although emotional at times, probably PMS. My period was due this week, but I opted to continue taking my pill so to not bother with that. I noticed that when I sit or lay for too long, makes the back pain that much worse. I have been having stinging sensation in the tummy incision sight. Thinking it is normal as it is starting to heal. Still quite bruised up from the lipo. My appetite is back, which Is good. Been trying to eat a lot of Iron rich foods as my regular Dr. called and said my count is a 10.7, which is low. I went in to Kaiser to go have blood drawn to see what might be going on. I have been anemic on and off since I reached puberty. My sister suggested having a procedure called roller ball. Something to do with your uterus? Going to look into that. I guess it basically gives you little to no period. Either way, was thinking of tubal ligation, as we have heard the stories of women in my age group (40-50) pre-menopausal that end up pregnant. That is not something I desire, as the mother of 4, and step-mom to 3 more!!

Well, hopefully, Kaiser calls and I can go in and hopefully get these drains out. My Dr. in Mexico had suggested 10days, but from what I read on these forums and blogs, every Dr. is different. I think I would feel more human if they were gone.

Still feel exhausted...walking upstairs winds me every time.

One more thing, wondering, does everyone feel more pain when the binder comes off, or less. I am the sort that has to shower everyday, but by the time I am done, retaped, etc. I am so emotionally exhausted. I feel bad for the boo, as I know I am stubborn:(
Mia- sounds like you are doing well at home! Each day things will get better, your iron count is a worry eat up what is good for you. With that headache and stuff it sounded like you were not eating too much so maybe getting your appetite back will help you a bit with the eating!
I had a massive migraine yesterday, took two excedrine migraine, sat in a dark room and put cold compresses on the front and back of my head and after about 30 minutes I felt better and fell asleep. Hope you feel better soon.
Ready, the cold compress seemed to work, but not so sure about the Excedrin. I think it helped take the edge off. I really think it is what they use for the epidural. Although for me, could have been partly my anemia? Still working on increasing my Iron till I hear back from my Dr.

Had a rough patch last night. My headache turned...

Had a rough patch last night. My headache turned into a migraine, and all went downhill from that. I started back on the Perkoset, but only 1/2 every 12 hours to help with the back pain. Lipo is so hard on your body. Looking at my body and the bruises, my Dr. performed Lipo on back, arms, flanks, and thighs. I think the harshest lipo was on my back area. My drains are still in 8 days later, as my Dr. said 10 days. Feeling 85% today. No headache, showered...then had to get out as I got dizzy. I laid down while the feeling went away...that was close. My BF monitored me, and let me relax until I felt well enough to get taped up again. I bought some pads as I read some women use those rather than the gauze. Good choice, as they also offer some protection from the compression garment. Girdle and bra back on decided to get dressed and put some makeup on today, rather than walk around in a robe. BF, said I looked beautiful, which was nice. My appetite is back, although I noticed I cannot handle spicy food:( Due to the anemia, I have been eating everything I can find with Iron in it, even had the step-daughter make a big pot of beans.

BF has been making me get outside and walk 5-10 minutes. He sent me a link which stated getting up and walking around helps out bodies heal faster. I am honoring him and taking small walks with him...think he misses the active Maria. I do too. Gotta remember, this is temporary:)
Hey Maria- I was checking in, sorry that darn headache came back, yes stage 1 is what they give you right after surgery maximum compression, then stage 2 is designed to wear a few more weeks as you heal not quite so severe, like may not have zippers etc, my GF recommended this site, she got stage 1 and 2 never used stage 1 since doc had provided one,
she seems happy with her garment I am waiting to order do to being all over with the sizes, and I wan tto see what my doc gives me, 3 more days I am so excited! Where do you go to get the drains out? Your family doc or did you find a local PS??? Keep up the healing and the little walking is probably good for you too!
Hang in there...One day at a time. One of my Mom's fav sayings is: "this too shall pass" Just remember that and heal day by day!!!
I found a stage 2 garmet that is crotchless that I am thinking of purchasing. Seems like it would be handy. I would imagine it is hard to wriggle in and out of them.

Hello fellow mommy makeovers and future mommy...

Hello fellow mommy makeovers and future mommy makeovers,

Been offline for awhile as the battery and charger for my laptop has been out of service, ordered new fro Amazon, but will be a couple days, so borrowing the Boo's notebook.

Today, February 29, 2010 LEAP YEAR

I am 11 days post op. Feeling about 89% better. Still have all 3 drains in and talked to my PS and she said to wait until only 50cc's of liquid in within a 24 hour period collects. Went to see my regular Dr. at Kaiser for checkup on Monday, but thought it was a waste of time. She looked over my incisions, and said everything looks like it's healing very well, no sign of infection. She asked if I was going to take my own drains out or fly back to Mexico to see my PS. I said I really didn't know, so she referred me to PS at Kaiser, but I have yet to hear from them. Thinking the boo, Dr. Browne as I have dubbed him will be the one to remove. I will be gad to have them out.

Went for a drive for the first time yesterday and found it a little difficult to breathe, probably the compression garment. Still slightly bruised, especially on my left arm...

Showering still proves to be difficult as when I take the compression garments I get dizzy. I figured a way to beat this, as I only have the one garment and bra. I leave it all on while showering, and wash it while it's on me. Worked out great yesterday, then I just remove, throw in the dryer, lay down and decompress, lotion up, redress all of the incisions, and then get re-dressed. Just a suggestion for those that are getting dizzy. Appetite is back and in full swing although been sticking to high Iron and protein meals as I am slightly anemic. Still taking my antibiotics, Vitamin C, Iron, and 1/2 percoset every 12 hours for the back pain. Getting stronger every day, and thank god, my stomach muscles are starting to work again. Don't feel as though If I sneeze I will tear all the Dr.'s work to shreds. Oh, wanted to share a quick funny story...sent my BF a pic of my boobie after I had taped up, and he was a lunch with his IT friends from work...the text opened with the PIC of my boobie!!! He said his friends got a glimpse. I told him oh well, they got a view of refurbished perfection...he got a big lol for that.
Hey hun, hope you are doing well, I am as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, LOL
Amber,
Nothing to be nervous about. Get your nest in order so when you get home, all that you need will be near you. Getting out of bed and getting comfortable will not be an easy task and the pain meds do not help you sleep rather disturb your sleep. Drink...coconut water, gatorade!!! And eat light meals...Remember and this is a promise, within 5-7 days you will feel fine. Can't wait to see your results. Remember, we are curvy and we LIKE it! Your fan, Maria..btw, shared your story with the BF, and he was really impressed at what you have accomplished on your own.
Amber,

Haven't been on for a couple days as my laptop battery and charger are out of service. No more headaches since that last one. I will check out the website for garments. I have just the one that came with my package and wash and dry and reuse every two days. My Dr. said to call them when the garment I have starts to get lose, and they will send me smaller one. Still have drains in, as my Dr. will not remove until I have under 50 cc's of liquid. Checked this morning and really close to that mark. My Dr. said she will not remove the drains and said I can do it myself, but also referred me to PS or to go back to my PS in TJ. Think she was CHA and had me come into the office, as I told her i was going to Mexico for surgery. She looked me over and no infection and was impressed. Thinking my boo, Dr. Browne, lol, will be removing the drains for me. I am excited for you!!! BTW, I dropped 5 pounds since I've been home. Either way, no so concerned with the weight, more so how I look, and I LOOK GOOD!

March 1, 2012 13 days post op Just got my...

March 1, 2012 13 days post op

Just got my drains out, and feel free. Since my Dr. In TJ, my options were to have regular Dr. at Kaiser take out, which she was not comfortable doing, never heard back from their b PS Dept., other option was to fly back to TJ, and last was to do myself. Googled and checked out YouTube, and chose to have the BF do. I felt nothing with the 2 in the front, but the one in the back, has been a pain in my back since day one...that one hurt just a little. All three had been clogged for a day with some type of worm looking tissue, so glad they are out. Emailed my Dr. In TJ,to let her know.
Well my drain got moved after a week and you have to clean drains out n un clog them...the tissue is normal and when ur drains rurn like a plasma look n color ur ready... If you would of went to kiaser er or urgent care they would if had to take them out my dr now asked if i wanted him to remove stitches in bb i said no im going to dr very smart though ma you tube has it all
Congrats you look great. Good idea to U tube the info to get the drains out. Good job!!
So glad you got your drains out. That is one thing I am not looking forward to. But, I am willing to go thru all the paim and discomfort. Keep resting and getting better. I am looking forward to more after pics:)

14 days post op, adding pictures, still swollen.....

14 days post op, adding pictures, still swollen...present weight 169,
M- You look fabulous honestly I cant believe your back view too, you really had nice work done!
A,
I am pretty happy. Can't wait to feel 100% and get back to gym, and riding the HD with the boo. The weather in Sac area has been perfect lately. Yes, Dr. Did great job with lipo as well...to bad my anemia kept him from doing a little more on the tree trunks (legs). Gonna have to get back on the bike for those.
I know. I am wanting to lose 20 more pounds myself but, i know that I am just built different. I am pretty solid. To be honest goal weight for me is around 170. I just feel like if I have to wait until I'm 140 it will never happen. But I do want to be as close to my goal weight as possible. So you see my frustration. I think you look great and I'm glad the time was right for you!!

March 5, 2012 18 days post op So today was my...

March 5, 2012 18 days post op

So today was my first day back to work, after being off since the 15 th. I was really wanting to call in sick, but managed to get my booty out of bed and actually made it to work on time, after dropping 4 teenaged girls at school!

I noticed throughout the day feeling numb from right under rib cage to my pubic mound. Not a nice feeling. Minus the stinging,it feels like when your feet fall asleep. I tried to get up and walk around, bur then get so tired. Going to try and get up every hour tomorrow and see if it helps. Been up since 5am and am pooped!!! Oh, lucky me, my period started...happy, happy, joy, joy.

Talked to my Dr. In TJ, and asked if I should use anything other than neosporin. She said at day 21 to start using Maderma on breasts and tummy incision. Told her tire so easily, she also said normal. After the surgery most of us are slightly anemic. I had TT, BA, and lipo, and was already slightly anemic :-( She advised me to eat fish, meat, etc., which I am already doing. Time to order new girdle, as the one they gave me is getting to easy to put on...I can order through TJ Dr. For $125. Gonna look online, while icing my swollen tummy.
How is that going with the anemia? When do you get checked again? I am spitting out so fluid in my drains almost 300 cc a day I feel like I have been sucked by a vampire, like I have no blood left in me, I guess it is not all blood that comes out of there but it is gross and so much of it!
A,

Dr. Told me to take Iron twice daily...Started with one, but since my period started am taking 2, along with stool softner. Been bloated last two days,and tummy swollen. Looks like i am pregnant. Been reading other comments about swelling, and guess its common. Got ice on the belly for now.

Wow, 300 cc's is alot!! I think i was draining about 150 to 200 ...when we took the drains out i was at 50. Make sure you also keep your Iron up, that way the Cullen's might still want you in their clan, lol..and hydrate!!! Btw, hope you are feeling better. You look great, and think you will be an 8...

Does this swelling look normal?:-)

Does this swelling look normal?:-)
Mia,
I bet your horrible headaches were a result of the epidural. You can get what's called a spinal headache from the epidural. They usually get better with time but can be down right miserable. If they are too bad we will often do a blood patch to fix it.
Firefly,
I thought the headaches might be related to the epidural. My PS said cause i was dehydrated and anemic. Either way, glad they are gone
Mia, don't get to discouraged. I will tell you honestly, that my tummy looks just like your side view at the end of EVERY day most of the time mine starts around noon and from there on out I feel like it could burst open like a watermelon. Mine gets bigger in the lower area and tight/hard You look GREAT! I think most of us are in swell hell and I so hope it ends for all of us soon!!!! Hang in there!

March 7, 2012 What a long freaking...

March 7, 2012

What a long freaking uncomfortable day at work. I went to sleep with headache that turned into migraine in the night...took an excedrine, then felt like I had to pee every hour...disturbed sleep, then woke up at 4am, and couldn't fall back to sleep..right when i did, The Rascals were singing, telling me, " It's a Beautiful Morning...about slapped my tablet for that..

Still feeling like a 45 year old 4 month pregnant woman, as the belly is still swollen. No leaking, no redness, no hard belly...Dr. said, based on my pics, does not think seranoma, but slight liquid buildup after drains were removed...I guess as long as I don't start to look 5 or 6 months, not going to question her. Felt bloated all day, and numb at the same time from sitting. I did get up alot more and managed to drink half a bottle of gatorade, some water, and a hot green tea. Really need to up my liquid intake.

Couldn't wait to get home and take off cg and shower, which I have, now laying here blogging and about to read how everyones day went...highlight, the boo grilled salmon and veggies and made a salad..soooo good, mua my boo.
Mia I am sure you are swelling more since the drains came out now that fluid is settling in there and all hte activity that is a long day from 5 am-10 pm after being used to laying around, that is what I am finding hard like how am I going to resume life I am so drained getting dressed!! Chin up rest today and hopefully that swelling will go down a tad
Mia ok 125 for girdle is great i paid 180 i need a size xl as far a timmy yup my tummy looks swollen today to... Do u get stiches out

Looking for Stage 2 cg.. ended up buying spanx at...

Looking for Stage 2 cg.. ended up buying spanx at Target, as i read some of the ladies bought and really liked. Very tight fit. They are hard to get on and off, but gotta say, made my swollen belly feel better. Also, bought GasX, Tylenol PM, and Scar gel. Still swollen, trying to drink more h20, but still struggling with that. Off of the percoset now,just Advil, and Tylenol Pm.

Still having emotional up's and downs, and really think its related to the meds.
I guess all the water is helping everyday now the last 3 mornings I am down like a pound or so, so drains need to come out tomrorow night, I swear to God, I am so freaking sick of them, even if he just takes one I will be thrilled so I can try a new position to sleep, going for a drive today we have really nice weather, he is going to prop me with pillows and go to his Mom's, I think getting out will be good for me!
Hey hun had to check on you, yeah these drains suck but I see in that photo you do look really swollen where the heck does this all come from? I hate it I feel like a balloon being filled that is about to bust! I am drinking 1 gallon of water watching my sodium and laying on my butt and still all the swelling, I dont know what to do for it?? I hope you feel better I have 9 more days at home til I go back to work so I hope I can get it together til then!
Be, Hi..feeling good today, although took Tylenol pm late last night, so being a bum, and still in bed. Bb stitches come out today, so Mr. Boo will be taking them out. Tummy still swollen down to coochie, but has gone down a little. Not drinking as match water as you, as my Dr. said gatorade...so actually drinking watered down Gatorade. I am sticking to clean diet.. ever heard of or read Eat right for your blood type? Check it out, and tell me what you think...either way, trying to stay away from things that upset my stomach...hope you figured out your bathroom issues.

4 weeks post op Well, made it to 4 weeks.....

4 weeks post op

Well, made it to 4 weeks...regrets, NONE! Still swelling, but not too bad. Per my PS, was instructed to wear my GC till swelling subsides!! I have been doubling up, wearing CG and spanx over it on occasion. Just invested in Stage 2 CG below the knee girdle via Amazon, and seamless camis via Ross, Marilyn Monroe brand for under CG..try this ladies, makes the CG, binders, etc. More comfortable. Started walking since Monday, and going back to the gym, probably tomorrow morning, treadmill only per PS until swelling and excess liquid is absorbed:-( She said, no weights, spin, eliptical..etc..etc. Hence the doubling of CG, as I will beat this. Scar is healing nicely. Oh, and bought new bikini top!! In search of cute bottoms, low, but must cover scar..love my boobies!!!
I am wearing a large and maybe need an XL I feel like the life is being squeezed outta me but it really helps, LOL I didnt have lipo but that MR that hurts I swear it helps that nad now my BB doesnt hurt as much either, F that darn binder that thing was worthless from the start, only thing I couldnt wear these things with the drains so I will take it as is now!!! I will get my boobs done they lok terrible now hanging in front of my flat tummy, and no bra, OMG I am all for that! Did you get implants or just the lift?
First, whath is MR? Worse than the CG, was when they wrapped me in gauze at the hospital..the nurse knew what she was doing..I remember it taking 2 Dr.' s to get me in the CG, lol..No lift, just implants:) Get those girls filled back up, you will not regret it
Mia- can you day FABULOUS!!!!! You are looking smoking GF, wow its hard to believe it is a month and you look that good already!! Compression is the key I am wearing these flexees that are so tight but man I feel better and the swelling is really going down i tis night and day for me since the drain out and the compression! Yeah for the gym I am not allowed to walk yet, your boobs looks super, so jealous, mine are still hanging to my knees, I said I cant go through another surgery but hubs said oh yeah I want my boobies back, LOL Keep healing you are looking super!

March 24, 2012, Post-Op week 5 Just thought I...

March 24, 2012, Post-Op week 5
Just thought I would give you all a quick update of how I am doing in this point in recovery. Emotionally, still having ups and downs. Still wake up and don't want to get out of bed, crying for no reason. Physically, feeling so much better. No real pain anymore. Still have occasional swelling. My scars are healing nicely. I started using scar gel, then switched to organic coconut oil. I am still wearing CG and surgical bra, and will continue with CG until it starts to get hot. My PS wanted me to wear for 3 to 6 months. I had liquid swelling, which is now gone, thank GOD, and no more baboon vg!!! Remember ladies, C O M P R E S S I O N and rest is key!!

As far as exercising, I have only been cleared for walking, although this was due to liquid build
up. I will be contacting my PS updating them with my progress and seeing if they allow me to get back to the gym.
MR-muscle repair~ I just read your update you look fabulous, you had a really nice hour glass shape before though and now it is really super. I know this is going to take time it just blows, my baboob is so full I am the most swollen than ever, but the lowest weight go figure, I think the darn weight is finally moving again, I really shocked the system LOL Your boobies look awesome I am too saggy for just implants I need the lift, but frankly I feel sort of done with surgeries, LOL

March 30, 2012 6 weeks post-op Feeling a little...

March 30, 2012 6 weeks post-op

Feeling a little down today. Why is it that I have to swell at this point? Every evening, I can't wait to get home from work and take cg off and get some pj's onto . I am currently using a flexees type of corset, along with sports bra or surgical bra. I am also occasionally wearing Spanx capri type undergarments.

I talked with my ps today, and asked off I could start back to the gym. She said not until I hit the 3 month mark!!! That seems so far away:-( Oh well,, she is the DR. Guess I wil continue with my walks.
Hey hun wanted to wish you a Happy Easter for you and the family!
I use CO for everything skin related it finally cleared up my cousin's eczema on her eyelid that she battled for years! That stuff is amazing I used that on my arms then I was sure I needed all those expensive creams well I still think CO and Vit E work the best!
You look so good Mia!! So lucky you didnt a lift too! are you putting anything on your scars yet?
Lisee,
My Dr. recommended maderma, but I wasn't impressed with reviews. I've been using coconut oil and Palmers, along with scar gel that i bought from Amazon. I ordered silicone sheets as I hear those work great. Not so worried about boobie scar, moreso the belly. Happy continued healing.

Well, I am currently at 8 weeks. Still swelling,...

Well, I am currently at 8 weeks. Still swelling, still have aches and pains from the surgery, but nothing that can't be tolerated. It is strange that 8 weks later, the side effects that we have...tightening stomach spasm, prickling sensations, stomach feels so weak and the pulling sensations in my back .. from lipo? My dr. said no serious cardio other than walking. I have not gained or lost any serious weight, although dropped sizes. Funny how waist is small, but booty, hips and thighs are the same.

My tummy scar regimen consists of coconut oil and Palmers in the evenings and using Scaraway silicone strips during the day. They are washable and stay put on my skin. I am not using them on BA scar, just coconut oil and Palmers. I've been massaging the boobs as instructed. Still feels strange to know and feel the implants move around, but love the new added curves. Still wearing surgical bra, although bought a couple regular bras and took the wire out. It is quite difficult to find sexy bras without the wire.

Ready to go back to the gym and work on the booty and legs. For now, gonna walk and see how the Visalus protein shakes work..feel so lazy
Yep I went yesterday I am grounded again for 2 weeks, so I will be at least 8 weeks til I can do anything, ughghg I might at least try to walk a little, I got drained and its back already so everything effects it, but it is what it is!
Hun you are looking great!! I know I am such a slug I hate it!!!!! But oh well it will be worth it! Plenty of time to work ourselves when we are healed properly. I love that suit, you look like a pin up girl!!! Yes thi sis very slow, I remember thinking I would be like 2 weeks and working out again, umm Not!!! I cant even lay on side yet alone do any physical activity!!! It will all come in time!!!
Amber,
Thanks mami. Its slowgo, but I am listening to my Dr. I did cheat and went on bike ride. I have also been riding with the boo on the HD, which was a little rough, but I survived. I think I am getting stronger, but definitely not ready for any marathons. We will get back into our workout routines soon enough.

May 16, 2012 1 day from 13 weeks Hello everyone...

May 16, 2012 1 day from 13 weeks

Hello everyone. Been off for awhile, busy with life, work, etc...nothing major to report. Still getting used to the flat belly and big boobs. Started back to the gym 2 weeks ago. Been pushing myself a little more. Still lots I can't do at the gym. I even tried swimming and felt like I might bust some tummy muscles. I ended up dog paddling and side sttroking. Mostly been working on booty and legs with a little or lighter arm and chest excercises. Not even trying to do any sort of crunches. Although I am pleased with TT and BA, can't say much about the lipo. I do see an indent above my right cheek under the TT incision. Going to talk to PS about that. I know what they will say. It takes at least a year to see true results.
Hey hun looking good, maybe that is the start of a dogear but might just be random swelling? I still cant tell enough about dogears to know what they are exactly. Yeah the gym really puts it in reality there are so many things I cant do yet, but I figure give it time it will be worth it.
You look great, could you share more updates. Thank you.
Whishful thinker, I upated last night.

Over 4 months since surgery. I haven't posted as...

Over 4 months since surgery. I haven't posted as i hate to complain...but here it goes. Although overall, I am happy with results, I would have to say still do not feel 100%. My complaints would be boobies still very sensitive, and not in a good way...still feel like the silicone moves around.. is this normal, or do they eventually stay put? Hips still hurt from lipo. And scars from drains pretty raised and dark.

Tummy feels hard alot.. as if muscles are constantly contracting....coochie still gets swollen, belly button, although cute, smaller than what I am used too, and discoloration at the top of it. Scar looks dark...I guess the more melanin in the skin, the darker the scar? It is still uncomfortable if I sneeze or cough. My weight has not gone up or down. Exercising is still not 100 %. Still feel as though there is alot I cannot do at the gym. Especially any ab type of work. Rolling over in bed still feels weird. I will post pics at later date. Wishing all newbies and the February ladies continued healing.
Where did you get your polkadot bikini top? It is so cute! You look so good!
Mia- I know at 4 months I thought I would be spinning cartwheels, my weight has stabilized and when it gets hot and humid here I blow up like a sponge, tummy is still weird and numb feeling, so you are not alone, like it feels good when I wake up and as soon as I start drinking coffee it feels like it is feeling up if that makes sense? I am exercising like a nut, even ab work, it hurts but I figure it is healed enough that maybe working it will help, cant do planks or boy push ups, or swim, that surprised me the stretching is what is bothering me still. Good to hear from you though, I am sure it is all a process that is going to take us some time to feel better!!! Have a good summer !!
Amber,
Hey girl. Glad to see you are still on here. Same thing happens to me on hot days. Wake up looking good, come home from work swollen, mostly below incision line. Oh well, it is what it is, and hope by the time we hit the 1 year mark, we are all back at 100%. Agreed on the swimming thing..had a girls only swim day yesterday, and my tummy got a good little workout, just moving around in the pool. Btw, yes..I wore a bikini and have the sunburn to prove it..ouch!!!! Enjoy your Summer as well. Virtual hug!

Almost at the year mark. Body still healing. ...

Almost at the year mark. Body still healing. I've somehow have managed to gain weight in my thighs and booty areas. Not thrilled with those areas. Scar on tummy is still quite obvious...it is what it is. Still don't feel much in that general area. I don't have much sensation in my nipples, which is sorta dissapointing. I have emailed my ps and may be going back for liposculpture to my body as my Dr. wasn't able to do much a year ago due to anemia..hope all are doing well. I will post pictures tomorrow. Been hitting the gym a little harder. Still alot I can't do..Guess the tight tummy muscles won't allow it.
How did you end up doing with the anemia? I've been waiting to get my MM for 3 months but can't seem to get my hemoglobin up past 9.3 starting iron infusions next week, so tired of waiting.... My family keeps telling me this is a sign not to have it done.... Your pics look great thanks for your 1 year update
I'm almost 3 1/2 months and I'm still numb on my belly area and my woman part is swollen too lol iT will take a few more months for everything to settle. Half of my BB scar is a little darker then the other half but that will fade oover the next few months. I still feel the burning on my back and sides from the lipo. Don't worry wait until we hit 6 or 9 months :)
Opps I guess I didn't go all the way down to read ur update lol.

Adding some pics

Adding some pics
you look good esp with the boob job, which enhanced your waistline. I have full hips too....guess I should have saved up to get a boob job too. Go girl!
Mella, Thanks..great results...seemed to have gained weight.in booty and legs. The scars under breasts are minimal...tummy is still pretty ugly..heard it can take a few years to fade.
You look amazing! did you end up getting the fat grafting on your butt? what size implants did you end up getting? i am getting a mommy makeover in TJ, but im not a mommy lol, so i am hoping that i dont have to have muscle repair. i was 240lbs, so i still might need it. are the pictures in your target bra recent photos?

Year 2, tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and some lipo

Looked back at wherei was vs. Where i am. Funny how most of us are still never satisfied..included myself. I think i should have done this..bigger breasts, smaller, a lift, moe lipo..Brazilian butt lift...sad really. I work out hard with my body now. Pilates, Yoga, running, weights, boot camp.
At 2 year mark not much i can't do.

I have come to terms with being a volumptous Latina, and embrace my big legs, booty etc. I will not be size 1, 2, 3, or 5..my hips wouldn't allow it...and that's ok. Still pushing for an 8. Present weight 167. Hope all my fellow February 2011 ladies are doing well, living life to the fullest, and still soldiering on working on our bodies.

Year 2, tummy tuck, breast augmentation and some lipo

Adding some pictures
Looking fabulous girl!!! I agree we are never satisfied. But that's what keeps us going an pushing hard for the things we have accomplished! I too am trying to accept the fact that I'm a voluptuous Latina with sexy ass curves lol. I still would like to drop one more pant size!!! Like you I'm working my pretty lil ass off at the gym! Continued support my friend!!! We've come a long way since our surgeries!!!!
Sweetness7982 if I got to an 8, the scale wouldn't matter. I'm pushing hard for thick n fit. Started Tabata boot camp..hella tough, but just what I needed..and get this, the instructor has 6 kids, and all out of her body. She is of thickalicious mixed decent. .love her and her classes. 2014 is my fitness year! Keep up your quest my friend..Go February 2011 Tummy Tickets!!!
Haha...stupid phone..Tuckers
Javier Cisneros Lopez, MD

In person consult was very thorough, surgery was over before I knew it, under epidural codeine block, no pain whatsoever. Excellent care by Dr. and nursing staff. Although, I am fortunate to have an awesome boyfriend, make sure you have someone that you know can take care of you, or opt for complete package that includes nurse care at the hotel (3 days), all meds,some food and transportation.