The Clock Stops Here! Fab 40 Forever... - Tijuana, MX

I can't get that Cee Cee Penningston song out of...

I can't get that Cee Cee Penningston song out of my head "Finally" because it's exactly how I feel. I've been talking about this for a little over five years, thinking it about for even longer. I finally decided what better birthday gift to myself was to gain pieces of me I was tired if dealing with. I'm the proud mother of two awesome boys and proud of the body that brought them into this world, extended nursing for them both and now it's time for my next chapter.
I chose Dr. Cervantes and have been working with his patient liaison, Leslie. I feel good getting to this point, had originally decided on a lift with extensive TT but decided a month ago to do a reduction. I have not felt nervous yet just in project management mode trying to pack, take care of last minute details. Also, last minute change - I'll be recovering in TJ alone and hoping to get my accommodations switched to a recovery house tomorrow. I plan to update as often as I can until I return home. :-)

Let's get it started!

So much as happened in the last 48 hours… So many details changed and things that had to be done to get here but I'm here and that's what really matters. For the first time in 12 years, I made a decision that was and is about me. I struggled with it being selfish foolish expensive silly dumb risky all the work you can use to describe when a woman decides that herself image is important. And mild risk taker I'm calculated I plan to follow details. It's what I do for everybody. To pay something for me to get back to myself for working so hard to make everybody happy. I didn't think it be emotional but it's 6 AM and it's almost time for my surgery in the bathroom finally getting some tears out. I'm partially excited, scared, nervous, but ready. Reading is what I feel. And confident that I made the right decision and I'm in the hands of very good doctors. I don't know how I'm going to feel over the next 48 hours but I do know that right now I feel ready to do something about the way I feel about my body. I worked hard 2 years ago to lose 84 pounds, only to start again parts of it again once the stress returned. I got myself back together and I still work hard every day to keep things in check but thing is I never saw much improvement for the way things looked when I took it all off. So this is my chance to make them upside match it's always been going on the inside. Here's the flat side ladies and anybody thinking about it… If it's on your mind and it's been on your mind you owe it to yourself to do something. I promise to post pictures and give more about my whole hospital experience right now this is about me how I feel. God knows my heart and I thank Him for walking with me to get here. May He cover the hands of the surgeons and hospital staff and the others that will take care of me at the Recovery Boutique and take care of my wonderful children and family that have made it possible for me to be here.

Few more things...

I almost forgot, this is for you Dr. C! ????????

More before pics

Okay I'm telling myself because my really organized or chronological but the hell with it. I have so much going on in my head but I'm getting it done so focusing on that and laughing at myself. TypeA- ladies know what I'm saying (minus because no one is perfect) so please excuse the typos and grammar errors, misspellings of pop stars's names. Real Self does not let you edit copy. Boo!!!!
All that aside here are more pre-op pictures.

Recovery - day 1

It still feels like a dream. I kept waking up at 3 AM on...
Not anxious just full of emotion of all the things I had been thinking about. I made a few phone calls to family, I played some music and danced for a little bit. But besides that would've been if anyone could come in. Lastly, I prayed for God's will to be done.
First nurse came in about 830 so I took a shower and changed into the hospital gown. I was previously wearing the gown I delivered my sons in. Got it from Hot Mama Gowns a few years back and I thought it was quite poetic to wear it again as I shed my mama belly. Soon after, then walks Dr. Juan Cervantes! He is so charismatic and smelled of coffee and awesome cologne and his warm and comforting smile. I'm noticing that everyone on his medical team looks like they have had previous lives as actors) He said let me hear it referring to the song Finally by CC Peniston. So we turned it up while he did my markings - it was great! We settled on a C cup for me for my reduction and I haven't been to see cups of high school so looking forward to being up going to Victoria's Secret and not have to buy bras online for much longer. He also told me what to expect with my tuck and what would happen if I lose or gain anymore weight. Sounded simple enough. He had me goodbye and immediately after walked in the anesthesiologist.
Dr. Luis Rujana (who also happen to look like a movie star). He explained my options and epidural, general anesthesia, or combo of both. We decided to go with the combo and he went.
Everything happened so fast from 9:00 AM when I was picked up and will get into the operating room. So many smiles top me get ready which was really great. A hospital orderly named Ceasar came to put me on the table to take me to the OR. I asked him what he had for breakfast because I hadn't had anything and we joked back and forth down the hallway. He reassured me that I was at the number one hospital in North and I believed him. I received a common pill even though I don't know much what it did because I felt pretty calm. And then we were on to do the anesthesia that's all I remember I'm back in my room. Not even sure what time it was. Later on that day Dr. Aragon came to check me and my drains (she too is stunning). Everything looks good so far. All I remember our nurses coming in throughout the day to give me more pain medicine which makes me a little nauseous. I had a little Jell-O which didn't last long. So I decided just with stick with the ice chips. It's about 8 AM and I'll update more when I get to the recovery boutique.

Recovery Day 2

So I made it to the Recovery Boutique. This place is absolutely gorgeous and feels like I've checked into an actual spa. Cost per night is $125 with meals included, a nurse, wifi, and free calls home too. So far the transition from IV to my meds has been a seamless transition. I've been most comfortable and looking forward to having 8 days to just focus on me. That has never ever happened since having my boys and I'm so ready to take the time. Dr. C or his team will visit me here so I'm feeling great about things. Best bday gift to myself ever!
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Happy for you. Blessings & Happy Healings ;)
Hi ! It was great doing your markings while your fab song that day, played.
That was so great of you to suggest! Made it def more celebratory for me. I couldn't be more pleased with how things are going and I thank you from the bottom of my disco-techno-pop heart!
Yeah u had sx ........congrats to this side hunny
I declare god has sending is mercies angels of knowledge wisdom and understanding in your surgery and your recovery room right now to cover you and your care team in Jesus name we pray amen .
Thank you so much! Things going good so far. Sleeping a lot which is great for me.
Thank you so much! Prayers for All!
Congrats on your decision & good luck with your journey to the flat side! I wish you a speedy recovery!
Thanks ladies. I appreciate the well wishes!
Dr . Cervantes and his staff are great .
Good luck! I wish you the best ;)
Good luck to you, wishing you all the best. I do hope you are able to stay at the rh, because this surgery is No joke. You definitely need someone at least the first five days or so. By the way, I haven't heard that song in ages. I'm adding that to my iTunes play list as we speak.