Thigh Lift Groin Incision - Tijuana, Mexico

I am very please with my results, my incision is...

I am very please with my results, my incision is thin and barely visible. I had very saggy skin and now my legs are proportionate. My scar is in the groin area. I am finally able to wear dresses.

I am 6 months out. My thighs are nicely shaped. ...

I am 6 months out. My thighs are nicely shaped. I started running and cellulites are becoming less visible. I am wearing dresses and shorts for the fist time since 1985. I am very happy with my results. I had my surgery with Dr Cardenas and stayed at a recovery house. I would do it again in a flash!!!!

For the first week I was lucky enough to be in a...

For the first week I was lucky enough to be in a recovery house at Beauty Care and they had raised toilets with handles. For the first 2 weeks it is a must. I would remove all my clothes with the help of the nurses and use the bathroom by holding myself up on handles. I had to wash the area so all the bacteria from urine would be washed off. I then slightly patted it and put back my clothing. I was advised by doctor to put dry gauze every time it was damp to prevent area from being wet. Within a week I was able to sit down without holding on to handles. I kept applying a cream dr prescribed. By the end of the second week I left TJ and was able to fly home on a 5 hour flight and 2 hour drive home. I healed quickly by following dr instructions. I was not allowed to squat or bend over for 4 weeks but I was able to drive by the end of 3rd. I was slow to move for only 4 weeks then I was back to normal but just got a bit more tired. I would suggest 6 weeks off work. I will post my thigh groin incision, a bit graphic.

1 year later

I am thrilled with my results. For those who want updated photo all I can say is that I gained weight due to some issues I had wirh lapband and life. I removed my laoband. Results are such as weight gain went into my stomach below my breasts and my thighs. I am working on correcting this but having trouble. I am a thyroid cancer survivour and gone through menopause so it takes a lot more work to spead up this process. My thighs however are thick but no loose hanging skin soI am happy about that. This surgery will remremove extra fatand skin but not celluliites if you have lots but it will improve the look. You still have to eat clean and exercise. I do recommend it but please be aware that you have to maintain it. I will add pictures soon

sad and happy update

Dr Cardenas warned me not to gain weight as it will look weird. Due to challenges with life and being an emotional eater I gained weight. I looked weird. My thighs got bigger by 3 inches, my upper body gained and my waist went up by 6 inches. BTW all this was happening with a lapband. It was a waste of money. I had it removed in April 2013.
I decided enough is enough. I booked a sleeve surgery and went to TJ. My sleeve surgery was a success. I am down 16 pounds so far which is the smallest weight in 20 years, I never got there with lapband. Best thing I have ever done for my weight loss. Shape Cardenas gave me is almost back.
Dr Carmina Cardenas

Dr Cardenas is a female doctor who knows what every woman wants. She gives awesome results.

Happy to hear thing are working out for you!
When you had your thigh lift, how long did u stay at a recovery house? How long was your trip home ? I'm concerned about my plane ride home.
Inner thigh^^
I stayed over 2 weeks so things would heel up, did not want to mess with thighs. I bought extra gausze so I would change it often to avoid having moisture in that area. I booked wheelchair assistance. Honestly, I was just fine, please stay at least 2 weeks, thigh are no joke.
Hey freespirit63, awesome posts, I am currently 3 weeks PO, beginning to get some what of a normal stride back but still having a little bit of a challenge getting into and out of cars etc. Not painful just annoying because of the lack of mobility. I still have some little wound separations in the groin but my PS said just to wash it with soap and dry it really good and to just put gauze there to absorb the moisture. and it will heal up fine, he said by far the Thigh lift is the hardest to recovery and has a longer healing time due to the area since its always getting tugged and pulled at whenever your walking/standing/sitting etc. As far as your experience how long did it take for you to get back to normal movements like squatting down or running/stretching the groin area? Thanks!
My doctor suggested 6 weeks with minimul movement and 4 weeks before driving. You have to take it easy.
My name is Kealee and i was wondering about the whole stigma about going to mexico and people being butchurd and messes up having surgeris there. I need a thigh lift arm lift tummy tuck and a breast lift due to weight loss i lost 200lb 60 to go and i was trying to find good prices but safe. What made you go to mexico and not to a dr in the usa?
I went to Mexico due to great quality of work and prices. I was very please at how I was taken care of as well. It cost me $2500 for thigh lift.
Was that inner and outter thigh lift?
The outer was pulled up with tt and inner by inner thigh lift
Kealee check out some of my reviews, I looked for a top PS that a obesity help center recommended, who specialized in weight loss patients, the one they recommended, just happened to be board certified both in the US and Mexico and operated a clinic in Mexico. I went looking for a doctor first, the half price savings were a added blessing!
I'm planning getting thigh lift from dr Naraongdaj Jiarapeepan in Bangkok hospital,please anyone can leave any kind of feed back greatly appreciate it
Freespirit you have been so helpful and your pictures are great. Hard to find pics of this operation. I just want to know; do you know any other patients of this doctor, who would be willing to share their pictures? There needs to be more people who have had a TL with her.
When I was there she told me once patients leave its hard to get them to give pictures. You can contact Fatimeh, assistant, and request pictures. carminacardenas@gmail.com. I can also ask
Sorry to hear about your struggles praying you will get the results your looking for and life will settle down! Hugs!!!
great photos your look wonderful! was it inner and out thighs or both?
It was inner thigh lift and tt. Dr Cardenas places her scars so they are well hidden by clothes. She will do an outter as well if that is what is neccessary. She is a great artist
Hi Free! I'm still thinking about DR C. for my tl. Are the groin scars below the crease of your leg or still hidden in crease and how do they look now that time has passed? Did the doc secure the tissue to some bone and did you have any problems with pubic area after? I've read that some women have.
Thank you for your post I'm looking at going to the same doctor to have the same surgery. I would have to fly down there and I will have a three hour drive home. Can you please post your resent pictures of your scars. Also how much was your total bill with the recovery house? Thank you
I'll post my pics as soon as I can. As for the cost.....I paid about $3,100 for everything. It includes: surgery, meds, garment, transportation and 2 nights at the recovery house. You can't beat that price and care given anywhere! :)
Buffy it depends how long you are staying to recover. In my opinion with a thigh lift you should stay at least 10 days
Hi Hernandez! Did you go to Dr Cardenas and can you share pics of your tl?
Hello, who did your procedure and extras for a total of 3,100 ?
Hi again Freespirit. In the second picture, is that an incision around the hips or a pair of panties? Did the doctor lift the front, medial and back/posterior or just the front/medial? If that is a scar around the hips, did this TT affect your butt at all? Thanks