My Weight Went Was 198 in July, I Had Procedure Aug 13, 2013 Now I Am 150lbs Today - Tijuana, Mexico

It was a very good experience and I was well taken...

It was a very good experience and I was well taken care of.
The bottom line is it was a GREAT doctor and the surgery was a SUCCESS!
The accomodations were 1st class and the costs was affordable for me.
Gatric Sleeve Surgery 8/13/2013
Sleeve Gastrectomy, Price $4,700 USD. + $300 for hotel for 4 days.

I have lost 60+ pounds since July 2013

My weight loss Journey - Gastric Sleeve Results.
12-13-2013, 4 month post op Gastric Sleeve Surgery
I have lost 60+ pounds since July 2013.
I had my gastric sleeve on August 13, 2013. — feeling happy.

My Doctor: Mario Almanza, Tijuana, Mexico

Mario Almanza

Dr. Mario Alberto Almanza Reyes is a Tijuana, Mexico Bariatric Surgeon that perfoms surgeries at the Jerusalem Hospital in Tijuana, Mexico. Dr. Almanza's experience has performed more than 1,300 bariatric surgeries. I am pleased with the outcome!

How do I contact this doctor?
You look amazing! Did you get people saying you didn't need it? Because I'm the same weight you were prior to your surgery and I'm getting those responses!
Was you ever scared of the safety of the surgery in Mexico? I am scheduled in Jan. for sleeve surgery, my sister is putting doubts in my head. Congrats on your success.
Hi! Congrats on your weight loss!!
Thank you, I am very happy so far and I am waiting to get to about 125 to have a mommy make over including *Tummy Tuck* *Lipo*with fat transfer to buttocks and *Brazilian But lift* with *Breast Reconstruction* many nip tucks to come.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's a huge achievement!

How are you doing? Are you eating normal foods okay now? How much are you able to eat in one sitting?

Thanks for asking Kirsty. I have 4 to 6 meals a day ( 3to 4 oz each meal) Soft Foods Only and Healthy Shakes. **** I can only eat about 3-4 oz at a time. I am still not eating regular foods but I do eat very healthy. Egg whites, variety of fresh soups, cottage cheese, yogart, jello and my favorite is "Jamba Juice". I try to eat 4 to 6 times a day and sip on water throughout the day not to get hydrated. I tried to eat meat and chew it really really good but it hurt so I am so far sticking with the softer foods. I am sure with more time I will be able to eat regular foods again but I make it a happy experience eating soft foods for now. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask, I don't mind haring my journey as people want to know.
Thanks for the info and look forward to future updates. I am considering going there to have the surgery because my insurance will not cover it and it is so much more expensive in the states. Of course, my family and friends are trying to give me a hard time about going to Mexico to have it done p, but as far as I can tell it is safe and reputable at the facility you went to. Any advice regarding the trip or procedure or stay over there? How long did you end up staying? How long was your flight home? Just trying to cover all of my bases because I may be going over by myself. Do you think that is even feasible? Thanks in advance for your input.
hey glad ur doing ok ! my hub went to him as well he is almost two weeks po ! my only concerns are does the doc tell u when stitches can be removed and as to what phase can u start introducing different foods to ur new life style
Your stitches come out about 10 days after but consult with him first. If not go to your regular doctor or local emergency room to have the stitches removed. (It's real simple to remove.) My primary doctor removed mine.
, I definitely had a good experience, I live in local Los Angeles area so I drove from Los Angeles to San Diego airport in a rental car which I was then picked up by the hospital medical staff in a LIMO and driven to a 4 star hotel where they they took good care of me including they have medical staff at the hotel available to you 24 hours a day for any medical needs. I then had a coordinator give me my schedule and they pick you up in your hotel lobby and go to the hospital for surgery the next day. I stayed at the hospital the night of surgery a nurse took good care of me all night and then back to the hotel. My total stay was 4 days. They X-ray you to make sure the surgery went well and their are no leaks before you depart then their driver took me back to the San Diego airport where I rented a another car and drove home to Los Angeles area. It was a overall good experience for me and very safe as well.

Hey, thanks for the info and sorry for the late reply! I'm now on soft foods myself, no meat, but I am eating soft flaky fish, like tuna, salmon, crab, etc. Have you tried fish?

Yes I sometimes eat a small bite or 2 of very tender juicy fish or chicken. I still eat mostly soup, baby food. I find some discomfort eating other foods.

It's definitely a long process, but you'll get there!