Gastric Sleeve W/ a Lower BMI.

One week out from Sleeve and I've lost 14lbs so...

One week out from Sleeve and I've lost 14lbs so far. While some of you may think "why in gods name did this girl get this done"... I'm a realist. I know I was overweight, obese per my weight. I wanted to get it under control now. All my life I have been slim, and just recently in the last 6 years I have been unable to manage my weight. I am 5'3 and weighed 208.0lbs. Ridiculous! All my life I never weighed over 130.0lbs... My feet were hurting, knees, and back all the time. I'm just done. I decided the gastric sleeve was it. I'm happy I made the choice before I reached that point of needing an entire body lift when I lose all the weight, and look 10 years older because it ages you (no offense to others, please).... I knew my problems, tried to fix them, couldn't, so needed that extra help! So here starts my journey of being normal again....

One week and one day Post GS. 15lbs down.

Since these are the only photos I took, I will post them now to show my progress. In these photos the weight lost already is no minuet that there hasn't been much change. My waste has skimmed down a little.

13 days out!

Alright! I've made it 13 days out. I've lost now 20lbs even! Whoo hoo! I started at 208, I am now 188. The funny thing is I don't look smaller anywhere. 20lbs is a lot of weight!!! And I thought I'd see it, but nope!

So I can drink my protein daily. Right now I can only consume about 50g a day. I still can't drink that much, but I try. I am able to eat, pudding, jello, mashed potatoes, cream of wheat, soups, without any issues. If I try something a little thicker my stomach still hurts and acts crazy. So I just listen to my body and back off.

My incisions are all healed, one of them though has done this dimpling pucker thing. So hopefully that goes away or else I'll have to have my PS release the tension when he revises my TT scar. Ugh! One more thing.

For those of you curious if I had to follow any pre op or post op diet. The answer is no. I are until the day of surgery, and was told eat what you want when you want when you can. I've come to realize this is because I only have about 73-78 pounds to lose total. So for those of you who don't have hundreds to lose, life will be a little easier for you.

Although I had surgery in Mexico, I will be following up with a gastroenterologist here locally. He will make sure my sleeve is healing well. I will also follow up with my PCP who will draw my labs every 3 months and keep me healthy.

2 1/2 weeks out!

So it's been 2 1/2 weeks. I have lost a total of 22lbs. It was coming off about a pound a day, but then now my body is trying to play catch up, and holding on to every pound. I haven't lost any weight in four days. Which is fine I heard it's pretty common. When you put your body in starvation mode it wants to hold into everything.

So let's see, I can now drink about 3 big gulps of water and not feel sick just after one. This was the most upsetting thing to me because I am a biiiiiigggg water guzzler! Love love water. So I am happy a few gulps is better than two sips! I can drink a lot sooner after eating. I usually can always drink about 15 minutes after eating. The food works it's way down and I can then drink. And no I do not feel sick. For some of you who were told to follow a diet, I was not. I was told to eat when I could and what I could. He did tell me to hold off on heavy meat and chips. Things that were hard on the stomach. I haven't tried salad either yet. I know what you're thinking, this crazy girl is eating what at 2 1/2 weeks?!?! Ha ha... Yes I have been eating like normal since after 1 week. I can eat crackers, refried beans, cottage cheese, block Chedders cheese, fruit (can), cereal, lunch meat (very thin), pudding, jello, lazangna, tuna w/ mayo & pickles.

So just some ideas of what I can tolerate. I usually can take about 3 bites and I'm full. If I'm in a hurry I take the three bites and save the rest and come back to it. I am too busy to sit there for 30 minutes trying to eat it. I take a bite and keep on moving. Eat and walk.... Eat and walk! That's my life. Again, I was not exstreamly overweight to begin with, and before surgery, I was the type of person who had to force feed myself or force myself to stop doing things to eat, because I would always forget. I always said eating was an inconvience and I wish I could live without food. I surely did not live for food. But my weight sure did hang on still.

So... I am thrilled I had this done still. I get upset and regret the surgery only when I can't guzzle water. I love water and I am that upset about it. Other than that, boy is it nice to take three bites and feel like you just ate thanksgiving! Very convienent for me since I hate eating anyways! Ha ha

Two (2) months post op...

Well hello my realself ladies. I haven't posted for several reasons. One is there is not much to say, you find your own rithum and routine and carry that with you. Another is I feel like I've had nothing but negative messages sent to me, why? I don't know. Maybe because I wasn't 400lbs when I got my sleeve done. Maybe I would deserve more congratulating if I where fatter. Or at least that's how I feel. :-(

Now, on a positive note. I started at 208lbs. I have lost a total of 33lbs. I went from a 36 BMI, to a 30. I probably would be losing more weight if I were exercising but I am not. I don't have time to. Thus ONE of the reasons I had this done. I have three children and go to school full time.

As some of you don't know, the OTHER reason I had this done was because after years of trying to conceive these precious babies because I had PCOS, I have finally learned it was my enemy for wanting to lose weight. When you're PCOS, it is an immune disorder, in which your body is insulin resistant. Your body does not process sugar like it should. Well EVERYTHING has sugar. So, this is why I was never losing weight, even though I have never been a big eater.

Other than that, I am 28. Very healthy. No other issues. And just looking to be back to a weight more suitable for my small frame and height. I am 5'3 by the way.

So currently I am wearing a size 11/12 pants, and shorts. I could wear smaller, but this butt and thighs can't squeeze into them. So my 11/12's end up being big in my waste. I have always been very hour-glass shape. So it has always been a struggle. I've always had the waste taken in my jeans because I am smaller there. But hey I am not complaining. That's what most women want! :-) I am wearing medium shirts. And I am at a 36B. Which I will be soon getting implants!

What am I eating? Well I eat anything I want. Simple as that. There are some things I still don't eat because I feel yucky afterwards. Like bread and meat. They're too heavy. I love sharp chedder cheese sticks, and yogurt. I also get my salty craving from eating a couple Spanish green olives. I also drink some of the juice! Yum! Reminds me of my martinies! I still drink my protien powder, and for those of you who are like me and hate the way every single one tastes, and there too thick, I finally found the PERFECT one. It was a bit pricy, but sooooo worth it. It's micro filtered, so it's very thin and easy to drink with a sleeve. Just passes right through like water. To me it tastes just like yoohoo. Just thinned out. I'll post a picture below so everyone can try it if you want. I got it from GNC. They let me taste the chocolate and vanilla before buying them. For a big jug, it was $80.00.

So vitamins. Every morning I take 2 multivitamins, 1 biotin, 1 acid reducer, and liquid b12. Then afternoon I take 2 calcium. Then bedtime I take 2 more multivitamins, and an acid reducer again.

I had my blood work done a few days ago, in which my PCP checks all my vitamin levels, and CBC, CMP. And all came back normal. Last time my cholesterol was 2 or 3 points over normal. And this time it was 30 points below being considered high... Yay! So all is good.

Because I was not that big prior to surgery, I don't have a lot of loose skin, and I probably won't. But I can already tell things I do not like. In which I'll fix. You start looking at all these things you never paid any attention too before. But it will be ok. 3 kids and weight does a number on your body. So I will soon be having implants, scar revision and a little tightening to my tummy tuck, and maybe a mini thigh lift if I can't tighten these legs up on my treadmill. Other than that. I'm very happy.

So I have to say, my husband got his surgery on the 8th. So he's what 1.5 weeks post op. He can consume 70-80oz of liquid a day, food, and it's like nothing ever happened! And he's already lost 19lbs... He makes me sick! Lol. He's already lost half my weight loss in one week. And he can drink and eat like all is normal. Although yes he is only able to eat small portions. But he's doing amazing! He's already dropped 4inch in his waste, and one shirt size. See these damn men! The doctor said he would look smaller quicker than I would because his weight was only in his belly. Women carry it everywhere.

Alright, I think that's all. Ask questions if you have any...

9 Weeks Post Sleeve

Hello there my real self ladies... I am now officially 9 weeks post op. I am feeling great. No issues. I don't feel yet that life is back to normal just yet. I think this is because my body is going through so many changes, I am still trying to adjust. I have lost a total of 39lbs now. I started at 208, I am now 169.0 I screamed when I hit the 60's... Just because this was the weight I was when I met my husband 6 years ago. And he thought I was little :-)

My goal will be to get down to the 130's. Just because like I said before I am little. I am 5'3. And prior to this weight gain and children I was in the 130's.

Just a quick update though, letting you know my weight loss progress. Ask any questions and i'll try to help as much as possible!

3.75 months post op

Hello ladies. I will be four months post op this Friday. Everything is going well. Still taking those vitamins for now, and eating 40-50 grams of protein a day. I try to shoot for more, but sometimes it just doesn't happen. I don't drink the protein shakes anymore. I just can't stand the smell or taste. Other than that, just trucking along. I started at 208lbs. Wearing a 14/16 pants, XL shirts, 45"hip, 41" waist. I am now 155lbs. Wearing a size 6 in pants, S/M shirts, 31"hip, and 28"waist. So a total weight loss of 53lbs. Oh, and a little hair loss, but nothing major. I actually am enjoying it because I have such thick hair!
Dr. Rodriguez "Dr. Rod"...

Went through Belightweight. Joanne personally runs this program through American and Mexican doctors. She is truly amazing, and arranges everything. I never felt like I was out of my home state, I was that comfortable! I stayed in the actual hospital for three days, not a chop shop surgical clinic. I was taken care of by three licensed doctors and nurses 24/7.