28 obese &Looking for onederland! - Tijuana, MX

I have been overweight for the past 5 years and...

I have been overweight for the past 5 years and obese for the past 3. I have tried everything from diets, diet pills, fasts, and exercise. I have no problem losing weight but it's being able to stick to a particular plan to have a long lasting effect. People constantly try to reassure me that my weight is not an issue. They claim that I'm "thick" not "fat". I enjoy amusement parks so the thing that opened my eyes to just how much weight I've gained was when i attempted to board a ride but I had to be excused because I simply didn't fit. At first I figured maybe that ride was just too small but then it happened again and yet again. I was completely humiliated and heartbroken. After that I vowed to lose weight. I have since been dieting but my yoyo dieting had taken a tool on my body so that is no longer as effective. One day I stumbled across this site and I started researching weight loss surgeries. I decided that the sleeve gastrectomy was the one for me. My date is currently set for October 15 2014. I am so excited! I would love to hear from some of you who have been there already.

A few body shots

My stats and expectations

I am 5'11 273 lbs. My goal is to lose a total of 110 lbs. I was most happy around 165 lbs. I am a commercial truck driver so that fact that I continue to pack on the pounds scares me. I am sure that a lot of people have noticed that many professional drivers are overweight/obese. That usually leads to diabetes (which affects my dot medical card), and sleep apnea (which would then require per gov a Cpap machine)
The thing that confounds me is that (in my opinion and) those that I interact with would not consider me an overeater. Yet in the past year that I have been driving I've gained about forty lbs. I just want to be healthy again! Thankfully I have not developed any other weight related illnesses.
I am so ready to begin thus journey! I am aware of the fact that this surgery is not an easy way out, but with proper nutrition and exercise I know that I will he successful. Thankfully I have a support team like realself to support and educate me through professionalism and via personal experience.

Getting sleeved a month sooner than planned

The date I scheduled initially conflicted with my partner's father wedding so I had to reschedule. The procedure will be performed on my bday 9/18/14. A little over a month away.

Ismael Cabrera

Good Luck! !! I had my surgery on 7/14/14. It has been a journey! !! I know I made the right decision to WLS. If you need any information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Thank you so much! I will read your reviews first and then ask ?'s if you haven't already answered them.
Good Luck!!!
Welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Good luck with your surgery, I hope it goes well and you have a smooth recovery. Be sure to keep us updated with your progress!

You should check out the sleeve forum for support from the other sleevers, both pre and post-op. :-)
Thank you I am hoping for a smooth recovery. I'm not even sure how I came across this site but I am thankful that I did. The support system is great and I could use that because I won't really have one outside of this site. I have decided to only tell my life partner preop.
Well, we will all be here for you. There's a great support system here on RealSelf and no matter how you found us, we're glad you did! In the forum there's a thread called "top 10 tips before and after gastric sleeve". There are hundreds of sleevers in that forum getting support from each other.

Will your partner be going to the hospital with you? Mine stayed with me while I was in and honestly, I'm not sure how I would have gotten through it without her. I'm sure I *could* have, but it was a lot easier of a process, having her there.
Yes I am definitely taking her along with me. She is my rock! We could probably go it alone most definitely but I an so glad that we don't have to. I love the fact that they encouraged me to bring her and didn't chargee extra for it. I am addicted to this site so I will check it out. Thank you so much for being so resourceful. :)
No problem. :) The encouraged me to bring my partner also and didn't charge any extra. There was a little pull out couch in my room for her, which was nice.

At least you'll never forget your surgery anniversary, being on your birthday! :-)

Good luck for next month! I'm waiting as well but my date is not until 24 October, but that's okay. Like you, I've always been able to lose weight on a diet or other ways, I just can never keep it off which is probably more damaging than a stable heavier weight.
Thank you! Good luck in October. I have always been able to lose it but now being an over the road truck driver makes it even harder. Plus as you said it can't be healthy.
I hate that I can't edit my posts! * 9/18/14
I've changed that date for you. :-)
Thank you so much!
I haven't been thru it yet. I'm just starting. But like you, counting calories and working out is no longer cutting it. This is my last chance.
That is exactly how I feel! This is the solution though i'm disciplined enough to work this procedure