It's Coming- with Dr Alejandro Quiroz - Tijuana, Mexico

I am going to Tijuana Mexico to have the following...

I am going to Tijuana Mexico to have the following surgeries,,Face and neck lift, upper and lower blepharoplasty, eye brow lift, rhinoplasty, fat transfer to the nasolabial folds, and dermabrasion to the lines above my lips.
I am very nervous. This is my face and I worry about being maimed and/or being deformed. Just wondering if others have had this feeling?
Some of the pics don't capture the lines (forehead) or sagging I see so easily so I took one pic in a different light.

It is done

I had my surgery on August 5th. It isn't all as easy as I thought.
Dr Quiroz and his staff are amazing, as is the staff and service at the Recovery Boutique (2 floors below the surgery suite)
I was not prepared for all the post op stuff I've had to deal with.
First the dressings all over the head gave me claustrophobia, along with my eyes being swollen almost shut so I could hardly see. It takes a long time for the swelling to go down. Right now it has been 17 days since the surgery and I am supposed to go back to work in 6 days. I still don't look presentable to go to work as I have a lot of swelling.
I will post a few pics for now then the rest at one month intervals.
Everyone loves Dr Quiroz. I met 3 people at the Recovery Boutique, that were there for the second time with Dr Quiroz. Personal experience is the best reference.
I will be gushing more about how wonderful he and his staff are but I am having a "not feeling so well today",,kind of a day.

25 days post op

Still have a lot of swelling. Swelling is under and around the eyes, cheeks and chin. I stopped in to work today to say hi to the girls. I got comments that were very positive,,,"you look amazing".."He did a really good job",.,."You look like a model..so much younger" There was 4 of them I mainly talked to and they couldn't see the asymmetry in my eyes (and pic doesn't show it) and said my smile doesn't look bad. I think I just need to give it more time. Stopping by work was the best thing I could have done.

4 1/2 weeks post op

Less pulled, smile coming back. Eyes opening up and swelling is going down. I am getting LOTS of positive feedback from everyone. Too much, actually. I don't want the conversation to always be about me and my face so I have to make sure I get the conversation off myself.

Friends!!!

I went out for lunch with a friend (68 yrs old) today. We hadn't seen each other for a few months. She said I don't look any younger or any better,,actually just a bit worse because I look so swollen. Talk about discouraging!

Comparing side by sides at nearly 7 weeks

Hi
I sent my sister a pic of me and she said I look no different. So did a friend of mine who I had lunch with. The pic I sent looks like any other soft focus pic. So I sent her the side by side comparisons which I am posting here. I am waiting for her feedback.

oops

Ok I hit something,,here it is..oh,,,the after shots are all today,,after a hard work out, dirty hair and no make up. Enjoy! Ha ha.

It wasn't easy :0)

I am getting some private emails and comments about what it was like at first,,that I look Iike I have healed well etc. Well here are a few pics to show you of what it was like when I went home from Mexico and was kind of on my own. I didn't want my friends to see me. I thought I would come back looking glamorous but it did take a while to get back to normal,

Three months

Still healing. Face is still tender all over. Nose very tender and tip is still swollen.
A colleague told me today that I don't look natural and I look like I have had plastic surgery. Funny thing is, she is a year older than me and another girl in the office thought she was close to 65 and ready to retire, when she is only 53. She is also about 60lbs overweight. Wondering if she is trying to bring me down so she feels better about herself.

6 months- (In 6 days :)

Ok,,I could have washed my hair (mad hair day) or put on some makeup,,but what the heck,,,here is my almost 6 month update of pics with me natural
Still healing...
Nose still swollen- tip,,starting to take on my new shape but still have swelling. Anxious to see what it is going to look like.
Smile-90% back to normal
Scars still itchy but getting better
Still facial tightness but getting better. Apparently this is a good thing,,as if there is no tightness then it will become too loose.
Starting to look more natural per a coworker. To me I look like a bit of a mask still, but I get a LOT of good input from colleagues.
Face still a bit tender to touch.
Love going skiing and not seeing all that loose skin above my turtleneck and jowls enhanced by cold weather. Can put on my after ski hat without my eyelids coming down over my eyes.

11 month update

Well everything is staying where it should be. I was worried things would sag when everything settled down. I still have tightness in my lower face and neck but that is a good thing. I read that you want to stay tight in the face as long as possible.
I look 100% natural I think. No more pulled look.
My only complaint is my eyes are too loose and I have to go back for a revision. Dr Q said he would only charge $100 for OR fee (?) but since he has had a negative attitude towards me (cold) since wanting my revision I am going somewhere else. I have lost my "awe" of him during this process and I was trying not to hurt his ego by wanting a revision. But in all reality I am the one out plane fare, $$ for kennels for my dogs,,using more vacation time, down time, etc.
-The tip of my nose is still swollen. I read it takes 18 months to be "normal" but I didn't believe it. Now I do. It is taking on a nice shape though.
-Smile 99.9% normal- Whew!!!
-No itching of scars
- All in all very pleased

14 months post op- Turn 53 in 2 weeks!!!!

I had my upper eyelids revised September 24 in TJ with Dr Mila. So now I am "finished" :) Just have more weight to lose. Have lost 17lbs so far.
So I think for 53 I am happy with the way I look.

Wasn't finished

Was going to upload a couple more pics,, They loaded sideways and I cannot change it,,ugh!
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

So far Dr Quiroz and his staff have been absolutely wonderful. I was looking into surgery in other places,,the US and Thailand (I am Canadian) but I couldn't find reviews or satisfaction with questions and concerns I had. The day after I sent the Cosmed clinic my pictures I received a call from Dr Quiroz, while I was on my way to work! Since then he has called me 3 more times. I am a nurse so I had some questions he answered with clarity and to my satisfaction as far as safety goes. I am very confident I am in good hands.