I am going to Tijuana Mexico to have the following...

I am going to Tijuana Mexico to have the following surgeries,,Face and neck lift, upper and lower blepharoplasty, eye brow lift, rhinoplasty, fat transfer to the nasolabial folds, and dermabrasion to the lines above my lips.
I am very nervous. This is my face and I worry about being maimed and/or being deformed. Just wondering if others have had this feeling?
Some of the pics don't capture the lines (forehead) or sagging I see so easily so I took one pic in a different light.

It is done

I had my surgery on August 5th. It isn't all as easy as I thought.
Dr Quiroz and his staff are amazing, as is the staff and service at the Recovery Boutique (2 floors below the surgery suite)
I was not prepared for all the post op stuff I've had to deal with.
First the dressings all over the head gave me claustrophobia, along with my eyes being swollen almost shut so I could hardly see. It takes a long time for the swelling to go down. Right now it has been 17 days since the surgery and I am supposed to go back to work in 6 days. I still don't look presentable to go to work as I have a lot of swelling.
I will post a few pics for now then the rest at one month intervals.
Everyone loves Dr Quiroz. I met 3 people at the Recovery Boutique, that were there for the second time with Dr Quiroz. Personal experience is the best reference.
I will be gushing more about how wonderful he and his staff are but I am having a "not feeling so well today",,kind of a day.

25 days post op

Still have a lot of swelling. Swelling is under and around the eyes, cheeks and chin. I stopped in to work today to say hi to the girls. I got comments that were very positive,,,"you look amazing".."He did a really good job",.,."You look like a model..so much younger" There was 4 of them I mainly talked to and they couldn't see the asymmetry in my eyes (and pic doesn't show it) and said my smile doesn't look bad. I think I just need to give it more time. Stopping by work was the best thing I could have done.

4 1/2 weeks post op

Less pulled, smile coming back. Eyes opening up and swelling is going down. I am getting LOTS of positive feedback from everyone. Too much, actually. I don't want the conversation to always be about me and my face so I have to make sure I get the conversation off myself.

Friends!!!

I went out for lunch with a friend (68 yrs old) today. We hadn't seen each other for a few months. She said I don't look any younger or any better,,actually just a bit worse because I look so swollen. Talk about discouraging!

Comparing side by sides at nearly 7 weeks

Hi
I sent my sister a pic of me and she said I look no different. So did a friend of mine who I had lunch with. The pic I sent looks like any other soft focus pic. So I sent her the side by side comparisons which I am posting here. I am waiting for her feedback.

oops

Ok I hit something,,here it is..oh,,,the after shots are all today,,after a hard work out, dirty hair and no make up. Enjoy! Ha ha.

It wasn't easy :0)

I am getting some private emails and comments about what it was like at first,,that I look Iike I have healed well etc. Well here are a few pics to show you of what it was like when I went home from Mexico and was kind of on my own. I didn't want my friends to see me. I thought I would come back looking glamorous but it did take a while to get back to normal,

Three months

Still healing. Face is still tender all over. Nose very tender and tip is still swollen.
A colleague told me today that I don't look natural and I look like I have had plastic surgery. Funny thing is, she is a year older than me and another girl in the office thought she was close to 65 and ready to retire, when she is only 53. She is also about 60lbs overweight. Wondering if she is trying to bring me down so she feels better about herself.

6 months- (In 6 days :)

Ok,,I could have washed my hair (mad hair day) or put on some makeup,,but what the heck,,,here is my almost 6 month update of pics with me natural
Still healing...
Nose still swollen- tip,,starting to take on my new shape but still have swelling. Anxious to see what it is going to look like.
Smile-90% back to normal
Scars still itchy but getting better
Still facial tightness but getting better. Apparently this is a good thing,,as if there is no tightness then it will become too loose.
Starting to look more natural per a coworker. To me I look like a bit of a mask still, but I get a LOT of good input from colleagues.
Face still a bit tender to touch.
Love going skiing and not seeing all that loose skin above my turtleneck and jowls enhanced by cold weather. Can put on my after ski hat without my eyelids coming down over my eyes.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

So far Dr Quiroz and his staff have been absolutely wonderful. I was looking into surgery in other places,,the US and Thailand (I am Canadian) but I couldn't find reviews or satisfaction with questions and concerns I had. The day after I sent the Cosmed clinic my pictures I received a call from Dr Quiroz, while I was on my way to work! Since then he has called me 3 more times. I am a nurse so I had some questions he answered with clarity and to my satisfaction as far as safety goes. I am very confident I am in good hands.

Thanks for sharing your story. I have been researching some of your procedures and trying to decide where to go for surgery. Lately I've been thinking about Tijuana so this is very timely. Thanks again, and continued beautiful recovery.
You look fabulous - thanks so much for sharing your story!!
Terrora, Thank you for sharing your evolution. You look GREAT!!!1 I'm at 7 weeks post-op, and I keep telling myself to be patient that the swelling will go down and I'll look normal again. Did you have fat transfer to the cheeks as well? Ruz
Just looked at all your pictures, 6 months after you look fabulous. I has my surgery with Dr Quiroz last December therefore about 8 weeks ago. I now realize that it does take 6 months to see the results. I developped bags under my eyes after the surgery. I am wondering if it happened to you. I think that the swelling came down and created water bags. Not really bad but worried that I will need lower eyelids done next year.
No I didn't have water bags. Give it time,. though. At 8 weeks I had creases on my face and my smile was off and look at my eyes..I looked gross and deformed. Don't plan your revision surgery yet :) I am getting my left upper redone as it is too loose. Dr Q is doing it for free,,,no OR fees or anything. Of all the things I had done, a bit of loose skin above one eye is OK...better than taking too much out. But as far as you are concerned, just give it time. Things loosen and tighten all the time. My eyes would look perfect one day,,then I would eat too much salt and they would look all deformed again. Do you have any pics?
Thank you so much, so encouraging...you can look at my pics on realself. Yogi from a Calgary.
You gotta love Dr Q. In my opinion, he is the very best and affordable .
I did and you look great!!! Just hang in there. 8 weeks is still early early early. I wrote to Docs on here and they would tell me that about certain anxieties I had and I didn't believe them. But at 6 months I believe it! My nose is STILL swollen and tender, my face is tender to touch, still have tightness and itchy suture lines, some numbness. I still have a ways to go. So YOU cannot be "there" if I'm not :)
Thank you so much for this. I will be patient.
I think you look wonderful! How long after your surgery were the stitches removed and how long before you could go home?
I stayed for 11 days. I had the eye stitches removed after a week and some other stitches removed at that time too. There were some that my GP removed after 14 days. I would have gone home after a week but he said that he would remove all the stitches by day 10. Later I found out that day 10 was a "Maybe"..so I could have left after a week. But I had periods of not feeling well...run down,,and just not well until day 10, so I am glad I stayed. I wouldn't have been able to walk my dogs earlier. Thanks for the compliment.
You look great! Glad that you found a PS that made you feel comfortable. Enjoy your "new" you :) Just one thing, in one of your pictures you mention that you look like that you have Down Syndrome. As a mother of a special needs kid I don't think that your comment is funny at all.
Laly59, I know this person and she did not mean to hurt anyone's feeling with that statement, she is not that kind of person.
You are really looking good! Your smile looks beautiful too! I should post a few more pics soon.
there are a few possible reasons why people are responding the way they are to your transformation. the most obvious reason is that they are jealous. second, by saying that you look so much better now implies that you looked bad before. people who love you (your sisters, your older woman friend...), love you no matter how you look. also, you may be disregarding many of the complements you are getting from women. please just know that you look beautiful. enjoy it and most importantly enjoy your life and the ones you love.
Thanks so much. I saw my sisters for the first time since I had it done. Not much response at all...no real compliments. My brother in law said I look 12 years younger. I will take it!
Hey Teri, love the updated photos...you look fabulous!!! No wonder, you are getting the bitchy comments from co workers...you look 15 years younger, no one wants to see that unless it's on them....lol
you look gorgeous! it helps that you were beautiful before surgery. so, i have a couple questions - how is your mouth healing? also, you had incisions around your sideburns, right? how are the scars healing? i am so scared of getting surgery...
Thank you so much!! My mouth is about 85% back to normal. Nobody notices it when I talk any more. I forget about it and I had my picture taken with a big smile and you would not be able to notice if you didn't know. I can see it, but just barely. My sideburn scars are healing slowly but well. No issues. I was not scared of getting surgery but the head trip after was scarey. I got a lot done at once and it was pretty scarey to go through the distortion of the healing process. What are you going to get done?
I"m glad everything is getting sorted out with your mouth. And I hope that the jealous women in your life are better behaved... I'm getting an upper and lower blepharoplasty and a full face and neck lift. (There will still be a major, unfixable flaw on my face that I will have to learn how to come to peace with.) I'm scared out of my wits of surgery/scars, and will be spending just about all the money I have. But I think, in my gut, that it's the right thing to do. Finding an excellent, affordable doctor ain't so easy. If I go by your facelift results, I'm in excellent hands with Dr. Quiroz.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thanks for coming out! Having $9500 less at retirement isn't going to do a whole lot. You don't know my financial status, nor is it any of your business. It is already done.
NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS …get it