Arm Lift with Tummy Tuck, Lipo and Butt Fat Transfer - Tijuana, Mexico

I had surgery on Nov 7 in Mexico at CosMed with Dr...

I had surgery on Nov 7 in Mexico at CosMed with Dr Quiroz. You can read my hospital story here if you want info about multiple procedures at the same time.

When I first thought about surgery, my arms were most definitely my biggest area of concern. I didn't like my flabby belly but could easily cover that in the right clothes but living in Florida, there wasn't much I could do to hide my arms. Everytime a picture of me was taken, I would crop off my arms. My body is in relatively good proportion except those arms :(

When I was young, I used to weight lift and remember people telling me not to do so many bicep curls because this would happen. Ah youth and stupidity, I didn't believe them or must have thought I'd always work out at that intensity. Obviously, they were right!

Today is 12 days post op and I get the stitches out on Wednesday. I am so excited!

The difference is already so huge but it is uncomfortable underneath my arms a lot. Oddly, I've read here about everyone wearing compression garmets. My doctor never did that with me. I just have some rolled up gauze I wear and change everyday, since the beginning. Is the compression garmet for swelling? I'm not that swollen, I guess. I also don't have a compression garmet for my body either, so maybe he just doesn't think it's necessary. (I will post a picture I took 8 days post op in a bikini...ignore the stitches....and you can see that the swelling really is minimal) Is there another reason that people wear the compression garment? I had a TT, fat transfer to butt, arm lift, lipo on the legs and entire torso.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

A friend recommended Dr Quiroz after seeing the results of a lapband surgery he performed. Now that the surgery is completed and I've seen the results so far, I've come to the conclusion that he works in a more organic, natural way. I felt like part of the process, not just someone on the assembly line. He asked me what I was looking for and together we worked out the plan on how those goals could be achieved. I was made to feel welcome and important in their facility by all the staff. I feel like he was so professional yet had such a personal touch that was so different than most doctors I meet. We talked about things other than my plastic surgery. Basically, I got to know him as a person. So when the time came to actually have the surgery, I felt he was invested in me as a person too. There is a lot to be said about that level of trust between two people. I knew that he had my best interests at heart. I felt he would protect me....and he did. To top it off, I stayed in their Recovery Boutique which I cannot recommend more highly. I was there for a week and the nurses cared for me 24/7. Room service is on demand with healthy meals at all times. They washed my hair, changed my bandages, fed me, cleaned me, cleaned the rooms everyday and would wheel me up to see the doctor when it was necessary. Not sure how I could have recovered so quickly had it not been for those sweet angels. I would definitely recommend Dr Quiroz and this amazing facility.

Congrats! Dr. Quiroz done a great job. I would like to know if you can please inbox me his email address and phone# I hand my arms lift 5month ago. I am not happy with the incision location and it's clearly visible irreparable permanent scars on the back of arms. Thank you
Do you have any recent pictures you can share with us? You look great in post op ones I saw! Thank you.
How does your butt look after the transfer? ARe you happy with the results?

Hi, Kat,

We'd all love an update to your review to see how you're doing and how your recovery is progressing!

Hope you're well!

Kirsty

Hi There. I have been following your journey. Now that it has been a couple of months would you still recommend this Dr. The cost your have post at the top of your message is that the total cost for everything you had done. Thanks for any info you can give me. I would be traveling from NS Canada
Hi I just had a tummy tuck and fat transfer done on Feb 1, 2013. I was wondering if you were happy with the results of the fat transfer? I know for me it hard to stay off my butt with having the TT done at the same time
YES! Don't worry, in a couple of weeks it's going to soften up and not be so hard. It will feel just like your old butt...just nicer :D Congrats! You are going to love the new you!
Lol thanks everything is healing and I'm just like is that the way its suppose to look lol. But I have a hard lump too on one side. I'm gonna call to ask Dr. when I can get my drains out too. thanks for responding
Oh also I was given a compression garment. Maybe it depends on how much fat they remove? I had an extended TT maybe thats why I was given one
Beautiful!
Thanks! I think he did a pretty good job. Only complaint is I have a roundish elbow now where he didn't remove the extra fat. So my arm looks sort of odd if you really stare at it. Probably not noticeable to others but is to me. I think I'm going back next year for something else and will ask him to fix that.
Your results look fab... What was the most painful procedure ??
Thanks! The TT for sure. The arms hurt about as much as one would expect but the TT was a major pain...literally.
:( and how are the scars coming along ... Are they fading pretty quick??
Coming along. I wish they were gone completely but I guess 2 months is way too soon for such wishful thinking. Long sleeves are my friend until it's not so noticeable. I did go swimming last week, in a bikini, and got no weird stares. So they must not be too bad. :D

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us. I have to say, wow! Your results look awesome, definitely a huge difference in your before/after pics.

In my personal experience, compressions garments have been for swelling, but not every doctor uses them, based on their technique and experience of what suits their patients best.