Ethnic Rhinoplasty In Tijuana, Mexico

Hi Everyone! So I've been wanting rhinoplasty for...

Hi Everyone!
So I've been wanting rhinoplasty for as long as I could remember. After doing plenty of research, I've decided to get my procedure done in Tijuana, Mexico in exactly a month. The doctor I've chosen is Dr. Manuel Gutierrez. Is anyone planning on getting their rhinoplasty in Mexico or with this specific doctor? I'll be posting pictures and posting my journey here very shortly.

Peace, love, and happiness,
Lynn.

Before Pics

LOL! I know the stars on the eyes look quite odd but I'm not sure that I want my entire face exposed just yet. Sorry :P

Update

I'm officially scheduled for July 17th. Booked my flight and everything! So excitedddd! Less than 3 weeks away =O

I'm here!

I just got in my surgery bed and attire! We're ready to go!! I'll update y'all when this IV is out of my hand and I can type better. Pray for me y'all ! Xoxo

Post op

Overall, surgery went smooth! I'm making daily vids that I'm probably gunna edit into one. For now, here is some pics of my Swollen PUMPKIN face lol!

Cast removal day

I got my cast taken off today and to be completely honest....
......
.....
....
I'm scared.
ummm... my sister has been trying to comfort me all day but between the swelling, and the bruising, I just can't see the vision. My nostrils are uneven but apparently that will change overtime when swelling goes down. I leave in the morning and I'll upload all my pics but right now.. I just wanna eat my worries away, avoid mirrors, and not think about meeting people who know how my face normally looks. Good night y'all xox

Took the tape off to change it.

2 days ago I was changing my tape because it was coming off due to the oils in my skin. Took pics, my nose is still very swollen. My nostrils are uneven but when I called the doctor he assured me this is only temporary. My tip is very upturned right now but it's still very early in the game. Looking at your nose and analyzing it this early definitely messes with your mental state so I WOULD NOT recommend anyone do this! lol.. learn from my mistake!

Botch job?

So here's the deal... My nose job isn't healing into my dream nose or an even nose. Not tryna be a Debbie downer, just telling the TRUTH since I keep getting private messages about my honest opinion. My nostrils are UNEVEN. One nostril looks sliced. My bridge is super tiny for my face. The nose bone was shaved too thin. Also, my tip looks amputated because there seem to be something called Polly Beak forming. There is a curve going down the bridge of my nose. I emailed the doctor and I was scheduled to have an over the phone consultation yesterday but I never received a phone call. The doctor said in an email that 100% of the swelling will be gone and that's 4 months away. I'm focused on other things like school and work thankfully. And each day I come to terms and stop denying the fact that these results and the way I feel about my nose is not "normal". We'll see what happens. Staying Posutive. Only time will tell. Xo

He called this morning

Got a phone call from him this morning. He assured that it is swelling and that the curve down the centre of my nose is due to swelling as well. He then said the nostril looks sliced because of swelling in my tip. From doing research many surgeons use a steroid shot in these situations but he said he isn't concerned about my swelling and I shouldn't worry about that. He also said swelling moves from one side to the other depending on how you sleep. He said in a month I should send him pictures again. I just hope he's right and it heals well because I'm a student and saved for a long time to get this. I don't have money to see other doctors like Dr. Boahene to fix me up. Prayer is free though, so I'm banking on that :) . Stay blessed, I'll update in a few.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Omg this doctor is butchering noses. Thank you ladies for posting your experiences. I was seriously considering this doc because I've actuallt seen a few decent noses and his price is great. But now I'm definitely gonna follow my gut and stick with Dr.Kofi. He should definitely do a revision for you smh
I considered Dr Kofi too but he was too high for a primary to me and it seemed like all the noses on his page has that similar ball tip. There are sone very good review on YouTube that documented their recovery and disclosed their Drs. See AA nose job, Black girl nose job and Ethnic nose job. One lady used Beverly Hills Profiles.
Have you seen her updates? She has changed her mind. I haven't seen anything butchered by him. He does awesome work. I've seen plenty of bad jobs done right here in the good ol USA. Everyone's opinions and expectations are different and if you have unrealistic expectations, you will be disappointed.
I was addressing mztrixixie
Unless you are a patient of his I really wouldn't talk your opinion doesn't even matter take it from real patients who paid money
You can hide ur breasts but ur nose is always visible. I think they are entitled to b apprehensive.
Yes I've seen updates. I saw one girl changed her mind and said she'll give it more time and another one who had to do a revision. I know that there are good and bad doctors everywhere and with every surgery there's always risk, but this post is about Dr.G. And so far, I'm seeing more unhappy patients than happy ones. That's all I'm saying.
I'm stating my opinion based on other peoples experiences. This entire site is set up to let people document their experiences so that others (who have not paid yet) can view them and take the compliments and complaints about a certain doctor into consideration when making their decision. :)
Right
I had been so waiting to see how you and your nose were doing! I really like it. I see that what you are talking about at the top side of the nostril. Like a crease or something. However the bridge and curve is probably swelling and swelling brings the tip up which makes it look shorter as you had pointed out from the side. Even with your eyes covered I can tell you have other great features which is such a plus to have to work with as your nose heals. I had my nose done too. I realize that some noses and people may look great right after esp if they only had a hump removed. But it's a total different ball game when the desire is to have a newly reshaped nose. I had my nose done by Dr Guiterrez as well as other procedures. Whew let me tell you it's been a journey. Because immediate results is hardly the case. I went thru it on every procedure I had done it seemed to always be something. But Dr Gutierrez and all the other Dr's advices I've read here on RealSelf and other forums says to give it TIME. Which I didn't feel I had. So anyway Im happy with Dr Guiterrez. My nose and bridge seemed too high and pinched for my face and my nostrils were showing which freaked me out. I sat with him and accused him of not doing what we talked about and he explained in detail what he did and to let the swelling resolve. But here it will be six months tomorrow. I had my nose surgery March 21, 2014. I thought too I had a poly beak and my nose seemed too high and I looked different. To my amazement my nose and bridge has dropped, the tip is softer and forming. I'm liking my face again and am getting on with my life after staring in the mirror for hours on end after work everyday. All my procedures I have complained to Dr G but I am most happy with everything he did after my body had a chance to heal reshape and tighten. I'm gonna wait the year to see how far more my nose drops. If not, then revision to lower it. I'm also planning a chin implant with him. Im thinking to do a review. To share what I've went thru. I didn't because to date I've told NO one about this procedure. I think you will be pleasantly surprised in several more months once the swelling goes down. And great that you're able to focus on other areas of your life while your nose settles and heals. :)
Thank you sooo much for this post!! Did you also have a curve down the centre of your nose? And you're right. At the beginning I was sooo depressed and felt like I made the dumbest decision of my life but it gets better slowly. It`s only been 9 weeks and my confidence is back on and poppingggg. I'm swinging my hair, walking with my chin up, all smiles like before. The thing is, people who don't know you've had a nose job are not analyzing minor things like the symmetry of your nostril. With that being said, would I be okay with it remaining there?... NO. lol. I spent my hard earned money to get this procedure so I expect to see results I'm pleased with. But I'm learning how to be patient which I never knew how to be before :)
Lol I hope I can say the same because I had 4 procedures with him and so far I'm not really happy with none of them
Right! I totally understand. I'm with you on that. I'm only a few months beyond you. And yes I too dreamed and googled of having rhinoplasty for many years. No we didn't just plan, save, fly and go thru surgery to end up looking worse!! Or have to think of a redivision, and forking over more money!! Yes my nose seemed to curve or to me I was afraid it was crooked. Dr G assured it was one side swollen more than the other and not to worry and that I could lightly massage that area. I had another PS take a look and he advised it was swollen too or that it looked like that was the side the most work was done on. And sure enough at 6 months my bridge now appears straight. Dr G advised with my closed rhinoplasty he went thru the front of my nose to work on it. So I'm that's why the front/tip is the part of my nose that was most tender, sore, hard, and swollen. But like you said too I'm looking and feeling okay and got my swagg back per se. So now let us give Dr G and our noses a chance and see our final results. Woo hoo!! :)
I hope so. Believe me it is a process and a waiting game. But you know your body and you know how you want it. Aside from very obvious asymmetry and/or complications (which I've had none) I would trust the Dr. Oh and thanks for doing the thorough review of your 1st rhinoplasty. It totally helped in easing my mind about how swelling can really distort the look of the nose in the beginning. :)
Hey my nose is doing the Sam and I just had the surgery sept 11 i just purchase 3 diff kinds of nose shapers from ebay so I can try as catch the uneven stuff and close my nostrils ... The nose shapers are like 1$ sad that inhale to do this but I do not and refuse to get surgery #2
lol! Aren't you afraid the nose shaper will alter the healing process and the breathing of your nose long term? I have a nose shaper that I used to use before my surgery. I was thinking about bringing it out again towards the end of the healing process.. maybe 10 months-post or something for like 5 minutes a day.
I can feel your pain as this is my doc also and Im currently not to pleased with my results you dont need to wait till 4 months because you nostrils wont fix it self and the curve will not straighten out by it self he also didnt give me a call back either so dont feel bad. He should do a revision on you because he clearly made some mistakes, but the good thing is a nose doesnt determine your beauty.
You're definitely right. Thank God for the other beautiful features we have. This has taught me to appreciate myself the way I am. NO more surgeries for me. lol. Have you gotten a call back?.. He called me this morning.
No I haven't but I'm looking into paying a U.S doctor to take over my after care fuck Gutierrez
He always got an excuse but since this is my second nose job he couldn't feed me the bs
Looks great! Wait the 4 months to contact him again. Other than nostril its shaped super nice
Ok I agree with the nostril thing, it looks like it could be fixed pretty easy. Almost like a stitch broke, I'm surpised he didn't call back, did you send him pictures of your complaints?
I think it looks super cute except for the nostril thing
Yup, I sent pictures. I even stated the exact same thing about the stitch to him when I was still in Mexico but I feel as if he didn't pay much attention to it. He always seemed to be in a rush unfortunately