BBL, Breast Lift & Augmentation with Dr. Pantoja on Feb 13, 2013 - Tijuana, Mexico

I've been meaning to log in and write this review...

I've been meaning to log in and write this review for a few days now. When researching my surgery I found this site to be very helpful so I figured I would come and give back.

First, let me say that the level of care and service provided by Dr. Pantoja and his staff was amazing. I would have no reservations about referring a friend to him. His facility was top-notch and my room was private and comfortable.

Here's a summary of what happened. My husband and I arrived in San Diego the day before surgery. We had Dr. Pantoja's driver pick us up at the airport and drive us to the hotel. We stayed at the Hotel Real del Rio. The hotel was okay; it was clean and satisfactory but the bed wasn't that comfortable and we found the staff to be a little surly. Not a big deal - we weren't there for luxury.

The next day we walked over to Dr. Pantoja's office. My appointment was at 9am. Nadia and Ruth were there and were super friendly and helpful. I filled out paperwork, took "before" pictures, had my blood work done, had a breast sonogram (they do this if you're having breast work done) and the EKG. Everything came back normal and I was cleared to go. I finally met with Dr. Pantoja to have my consultation. He is very nice and treats you like he would his own family. Both my husband and I were very comfortable with him. You can tell that he cares about the health and well-being of his patients.This whole process took about 1.5 to 2 hours.

Finally they brought me upstairs and I changed into surgery clothes. OMG. Compression stockings SUCK. The anesthesiologist came in to chat with me and a few minutes later I was walking into the operating room. I had the spinal block/epidural which was kind of weird. Dr. Pantoja started with the liposuction/BBL and then moved onto the BL/BA. Honestly, I was partly awake while he was doing the liposuction but I couldn't feel anything. It was odd. When he started on my breasts I remember yelling "I CAN FEEL THAT" and I was out like a light. Next thing I knew...I was being wheeled into my recovery room.
Although the spinal block was odd I definitely prefer that to general anesthesia. I didn't have any nausea and wasn't really groggy.

I didn't have any real pain when I first woke up from the surgery but I started to get very, very uncomfortable overnight. I couldn't sleep on my stomach because I had my breasts done and my butt was KILLING ME. Let's just say that was one of the longest nights of my life. I begged the nurse to help me up and let me walk around but she said she couldn't because I didn't have my faja on yet.

Finally the morning came and I was in PAIN. My breasts didn't hurt at all! All the pain was from the liposuction/BBL. It was terrible and I have a HIGH tolerance for pain. They had to do blood work again to check my hemoglobin levels and I started crying because I was so frustrated with how my body felt. Oh boy - then they put me in my post-surgery bra and faja. Not good times at all. Dr. Pantoja came in to check on me and helped get me in the faja. That thing is miserable. I hated it. I'm going to burn it when this is all over. My blood work came back fine, my husband arrived and we were released. I actually walked back to the hotel because being up and around felt better than laying down.

We stayed in TJ until Saturday morning. I had a follow up with Dr. P that morning (remove my drains/few stitches) and then his driver drove us back to San Diego where we stayed for another few days. That drive was horrible. It took us about 2 hours to get to the hotel in San Diego and the driver's car didn't have any air conditioning. Ugh. I don't know how I got through that.

So I'm very happy with my results but let me tell you - this surgery HURTS like you can't even imagine. It's really just the liposuction. I don't know if I'm in so much pain because he was super aggressive with the lipo or what but I don't recommend it unless you have a high tolerance for pain. I also don't recommend having both procedures done at the same time. In hindsight, I wish I would have done the BBL first and then come back for the breast lift/implants. It's just a lot for your body to handle. I can't really explain what the liposuction feels like. It's like you're numb but burned all at the same time. MAKE SURE you bring american pain medications with you. The pain killer he prescribes is nothing more than heavy duty motrin. It didn't do anything for me. Apparently the mexican government has gotten rid of all the heavy pain killers due to all the drug-related drama going on in other parts of Mexico.

I'm now 16 days post-op and the pain is getting better each day. The only thing that still bothers me is my lower back. I'm swollen as all heck and it HURTS. My breasts look GREAT. Dr. Pantoja did a fantastic job. My body and butt looks good but since I'm still super swollen it's hard to envision what the final results will be.

I'm just looking forward to the day that I feel normal again. I bought a new faja because I couldn't stand the one they gave me (it rode up into my armpits and cut into my skin) but I still hate wearing it. I find it so uncomfortable under clothes but I guess it's necessary.

Oh - I ended up getting a full anchor breast lift with 520cc/560cc textured round implants (over the muscle). They're big and perky and I love 'em.

I'll post pictures once some of the swelling has gone down.

So I'm three weeks post op today and I'm still...

So I'm three weeks post op today and I'm still really sore and swollen. My breasts are shaping up nicely....I'm really pleased with them. As for the BBL...I'm still so swollen that I really can't see the results yet but I do see a nicer overall shape. I've posted a picture of my breasts because I know it's difficult to find pictures of Dr. P' s breast work. Keep in mind that I had a full anchor lift which is why there are scars. Everything is healing nicely. No pictures of the BBL because I'm just not comfortable with it yet.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Thank you so much for your honesty! I'll be getting my procedure done in Tijuana also.
can you post more pics please.... looking to go soon to see him... looking for a buddy in Nov
i had tummy tuck,lipo and bbl. 3 weeks ago w/pantoja, ifeel really good. but am going back in dec or april for a ba/bl and possibly round 2 bbl. after swelling gonedown its full on top and flat on bottom. anywaz my ? to u is do you think you could go back to work after 1 week with ba/bl. i have aweek off for springbreak andim thinking of getting it done then.
do u have pics???
Are you comfortable with your bbl yet? If so would you post some new pics to show your results? Would love to see.
Did you lose sensation in your nipples? For me, I'd like to get a BA/BL but my boobies are my "SPOT" to get it on! And if I don't have that...then my sex life will dramatically change...
your breast look very natural... They look great
He did a good job on your breast
Your boobs r looking good. Scarring not bad at All!
I hope all is well....are you going to post before breast pics? thanks!
Your boobs look great! I would love to see bbl pics, i'm going next month.
Girl it looks like we got the exact same things done, down to the anchor lift, by the same doctor! Lol. And to top it pissed you boobs like the same size as I got, they do look very nice hun and fit your body perfectly. I also had my arms lipod but I don't notice any difference.that would prob be my only complaint
Girl your boobs look awesome! Congrats!
yr breast r really nice im considering him for this procedure breast lift with implant!! would t be to much if i could see a before pix of yr breast if not its okay doll i dont really like to bug but appreciate the photo. i will be following journey to see how yr breast come out!!
Also thinking about BBL and breast impl. but considering not doing it together. Thanks for your post!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UPDATE and PIC! breast looks GOOD! can you post a before pic of your breast...THANKS!
Thank you!! Unfortunately I don't have any 'before' pictures but, lemme tell you, they were a saggy mess prior to the surgery. Dr. Pantoja worked a miracle on 'em.
Ma i know ur worried abt post n pics but u have to remember others might be going thru or went thru something just like you.... Glad ur ok ma xoxoxox
thanks for your post
Thanks for your post. We are all looking forward to seeing your pics. What areas did you have lipo'd?
I promise to post pictures soon. My lower back is STILL swollen like crazy but I'm seeing improvement each day. I had the following areas lipo'd: upper arms (but not aggressively), abdomen, flanks/waist line, upper and lower back. I declined to have my thighs lipo'd because I just didn't want to deal with the pain. I'm glad I didn't have that done.
congratulation on your surgery, please update us with some pics as soon as you can :))
Omg I'm sooooo not looking forward to the recovery process after reading ur review lol!!!
Oh no! I'm sorry I've made you nervous. Everyone's pain tolerance is different so there's a chance it won't be nearly as rough for you. They will take great care of you. Plus, I know that all this discomfort will be SO worth it once the swelling goes down.
Lol! It kinda freaks me out too!! But like she said "it will be worth it!". No pain, no gain, right?!