My Nose Keeps Changing. Tip Drops and Still Looks Bulbous After Each Surgery

Ive always wanted to get my nose fixed. My nose...

Ive always wanted to get my nose fixed. My nose looked big and I had a bump on my bridge and my tip was round and bulbous looking. Finally in 2007 I had rhinoplasty done. I told my PS what I wanted to achieve and the look I was going for. I brought pictures as well but I know that the surgeon has to work with what I have etc... I was told I have thicker skin.

I had the surgery done and was happy at first. I liked that my tip went up rather then slopping down like it did etc. My side profile looked really good. My nose looked "cute" from the side. And I loved that the bump on my bridge was gone. Not long after though it started settling and I found my tip started to drop and my nose was looking bulbous and would look wide when I would smile. I would smile and the tip went down too like it was dropping. I went back to my surgeon and told him this but he told me to give it a year as it can take a year for the nose to take shape and heal etc.

A year went by and I was still not happy with it so I went to see him and I booked in for him to do more work. He didnt charge me to do this and the surgery was not nearly as invasive as the first one. My eyes werent all bruised and I didnt have a splint on this time. He made an incision under the tip of my nose and put a graft (I think thats what its called) in. That was supposed to keep my tip from drooping when I smiled I guess. That helped a bit but over time again it just got worse. My tip was drooping alot. I felt like I looked "witch like" and my nose looked bulbous and my nostrils wide. I didnt go back to him for almost 3 years to tell him how much it changed. Like it did not look like I had my nose worked on twice already! It looked like I needed rhinoplasty done and that it was my first time or something.

Then I finally went back to him again in Oct 2011. I just hated my nose. Hated how it looked when I would smile, hated how it looked from the side etc...The tip looked round. Uh!!! He last saw me in 2008. I told him it had changed so much and I wanted him to fix it. I asked him why did it change and why my tip droops etc and he just said sometimes that can happen. He told me he would thin my nose out a little more and take in my nostrils which I wanted. He said he couldnt really do too much more with my tip. I had to pay $2000 plus tax for this. He said he was giving me a good deal as the original rhinoplasty cost $6000 so he wasnt charging me another $6000. Whatever.

So I had the surgery Nov 2011. One year ago. The results were good at first as always. I like when my tip goes up. Some people dont like this but I do. It doesnt last though. And now a year later and my nose isnt bad or anything but it seems like its drooping again when I smile and still looks wide!!! Grrrr! Why does it do this? And my nostrils still flair out a bit more then Id like and the tip looks round/boulbous to me. I do have thicker skin so maybe its hard to get my nose to look smaller/thinner etc....But Ive spent so much money and I guess I was hoping to look like I had a cute little nose and I still feel like my nose is the feature that makes me not look good.

Im going to post some pics so you all can see. I dont know if I should go back to him or what and talk with him? Like, what else could he do? I dont want my nose ruined by getting something done again but I feel like maybe it could have looked better.

Has anyone else had their nose change after getting rhinoplasty like mine has? My surgeon is a good one dont get me wrong. He has good credentials and is very well known. He's also a featured doctor on this site. I dont know what to do. HELP!

Hey hun, wow I'm really sorry to hear that you had such a horrible experience, especially from a surgeon who has a good reputation and is on this site. That just makes no sense. You're gorgeous and it's really upsetting to hear that you have to go through so much just to correct someone else's mistake. Do you think maybe you could see another surgeon and get him to do a revision on what the other guy screwed up? or at least a consultation with someone else so they can give you the truth about what's really going on here. good luck!
Aw thanks so much for the sweet compliments! Made my day :) I am going to look into seeing another PS. I want to get another opinion as to why this has happend to me. I have one in mind Id like to go to. I would like a revision but that all depends on the cost and if I feel he can fix my previous surgeons mistakes. If anything though atleast I will get his opinion. I called the office of the surgeon who worked on my nose office and requested my medical files from them. I want to have these so I can bring them to any future consults I go too. As I am typing this I noticed on the right side of my screen there is an advertisement for his website. It makes me really angry. I trusted him with my nose and the outcome wasnt good. I know nothing is perfect and my nose isnt horrible. But it def should look better then it does and should not be dropping, changing shape etc after I get it done. Its my fault though for continuing to go to him and choosing him in the first place. His price and advertising sucked me in. I just spoke with another person on here who is also not happy with his work and when I saw their pics there nose looks kinda like how mine went. Out of shape and bulbous. Not to mention he seems to have alot of negative reviews now.
Yea - Dr. Solomon has a ton! Sorry - who are you considering now?

My plastic surgeon

Ive decided to post the doctor who worked on my nose. After reading several negative reviews from other people on here and other sites who have also had work done by him. All I can say is do your research and go to several consultations. Don't go for the lowest price and the marketing and fancy offices. Find a good surgeon who you can trust. Lesson learned.

Added 2 more pics

So here are another 2 shots of my nose. It seems to look worse in daylight. But you can see where it pulls to one side more then the other. Its not strait and you can see how bulbous it is at the bottom and wide and how my tip drops.
I am glad you are doing research on a revision. Your story reminds me of own. My primary surgeon claims he is an expert in fixing other doctors mistakes and he has amazing after photos on his website. But then I wonder how come my results were not great. My nose is not horrible but we spend a lot of money and time and we deserve decent results. I feel your anger. It took me years to research doctors.
I have a question for you guys..... I myself had many procedures over the years and have pretty done one procedure at a time, nothing over 6,000 at a time financing maybe 1,500 max but pretty much paying for the better part of each surgery. I always wondered how people come up with 20-30,000 to pay for these surgeries and if it's financed isn't their monthly payment astronomically high? Where is the money coming from? How are you able to afford these surgeries?
I know. Its hard to know who to trust. So many surgeons out there and we have to pick just 1 who we feel we can put our trust in and do a good job and give us what we want. They all promise us our nose with turn out great but ofcourse thats not always the case. Did you ever get a revision or are you looking into it? When did you have your first surgery done?

New pic

Here is a close up of my nose when I smile that I just took yesterday. Look at how out of shape it is. It looks wide and bulbous and my nostrils flare out. My tip drops and looks fat. Does this look like a nice nose? I don't think so :(

2 more pics

You can see how my nose isnt strait and pulls to one side more and how round and fat at the tip it looks in these pics.
An alar base reduction can be done in office with little sedation and the procedure can be done in 1 hour. This procedure is where the physician will take in the lower bottom nostril on both side just a tad but gives it a more narrow appearance which will help in making it look thinner and not wide. You can google it. Also, a lip lift can be done with the upper lift to where it may help in giving more balance to the overall face. Just thoughts as I had a rhinoplasty 2 years ago and already I can see where I am not happy with it but the alar base is something I may do as it shouldn't cost that much and an in office procdure. Again, just google it and you will see the before and after on alar base reduction. Good Luck!
Thank you for the suggestions Debby. I will look into it. My nostrils def need to be taken in more. My tip though is also a concern and needs to be lifted.
It seems impossible it seems to get a rhinoplasty perfect. From your pics though, I would think an alar base reduction would be good to reduce the wideness that you are concerened about. I was thinking of having that done also as I see after over 2 yrs that it may need that from settling for me. You may want to google results of before and after with the alar base reduction. It can be done right in his office and under light sedation not like full blown such as getting a rhinoplasty done. The Dr. would just take in the bottom sides a tad on both sides and is a delicate procedure but does give a more thinner look on the nose. Also a lip lift is great if you are a candidate as it can help if the mouth seems lower and not aligned good with the mouth. Hope this all helps.
Dr. Solomon