THESE PEOPLE DEFORMED ME

It has left me with deformed earlobes, pain and...

It has left me with deformed earlobes, pain and ropey visible scarring. It did not work on me and I am young, in my early 40's. I had a little bit of loose skin on my neck. I was completely lied to at the consult that was performed by an untrained person. This person also told me that they had it done by the same Dr. scheduled to do mine and she went back to work the next day and did not need pain medication....really? After a facelift? A doctor did not do the consult and when I questioned it I was told, "a doctor never does the consult". It was a girl who pulled up my skin on my neck and said that it the result I could expect. I should have known better because when I applied in that office for a medical loan and it was initially declined that girl was up and out her seat ready to leave the "consult". Now I hear that doctors do the consults because it is against the law not to. They are changing their tactics in my opinion because more people are asking questions. Also, I had severe swelling, bruising, pain, etc. They did not place drains in me to help with bruising and swelling. They did not return phone calls I placed to them. I saw a double board certified plastic surgeon 4 months after LL. He informed me after an examination that this procedure could never do what I wanted and WHAT WAS PROMISED because the incisions were not placed properly to achieve the result I was looking for,etc. He is now going to do a scar revision procedure and lower faceleift, which is what LL is, for $16,500. He also informed me that he revises this LL procedure..."ALL WEEK LONG". LL never used the word facelift with me. That is exactly what you are doing to yourself. You are having a facelift. Forget about the fancy wording....I had to return to work three days after this procedure and I could not hide the swelling, stitches scars, and bruising. I also could not take pain medicine because I had to drive and function. When I tried to calmly discuss this horrible experience with senior staff and office employees of LL I heard responses such as, "No one dragged you to this procedure", "It is your fault the bruising is so severe" etc. E-mail me if you want to know more about my experience with this.

6 years later, I still suffer pain and scars from my LSL procedure. I agree with Chrystal - I wouldn't do it again even if it were free. BONUS SIDE EFFECT: TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA (Look it up, it is nicknamed the suicide disease) on EACH side of my face! Doctor says it NEVER happens on both sides, so he says it has to be the scarring from the LSL procedure (I finally, totally embarrassed, admitted to him that I had it). For over 3 years now, I get to take anti-seizure drugs every single day to try and control the episodes. Look up the side effects from those medications. In the politest terms I can say in an online - it sux. As I re-read my original post about my experience DURING the procedure the pain-filled weeks afterwards, the entire painful NIGHTMARE came back, the numerous shots in the face, the sounds, the smells (burning flesh), and the long painful recovery - all for BAD RESULTS. If you or someone you love is considering LIFESTYLE LIFT - GO SEE A BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON that specializes in faces/facelift. Get a real evaluation of what can be done, and how long the recovery will be. Ask the Board Certified Plastic Surgeon what he/she thinks about LSL. ALSO - go to a certified medical facility, surgical center or hospital. Now that I know what could have happened during all of those shots (that thankfully ONLY caused my arms and hands to tremble uncontrollably), I feel fortunate, I did not have a medical emergency happen in their office - which is just an office - in an office building - with software firms, insurance companies, and consulting firms - not one medical practice of ANY KIND in the entire building EXCEPT LSL. I may be giving them too much street cred by referring to them as any type of 'medical practice'.
I also have very visible scars. My LSL is not worth what I spent & certainly not what I was promised. I looked better & was MUCH more confident before the scars! I have to make sure that I cover my ears with my hair when I go out. I am always afraid someone will notice the scars & ask me what happened.

Mine went fine. I had a doctor that was reccommended from LSL and I went to work 5 days later and to a charity ball 9 days later with no swelling or bruising. I have to tell you I looked great. It has been 5+ years and I still look better but I'm starting to "droop" a little again. Only a little white line near my left ear, nothing on the right. I was 57 when I had it done. I also got it done during a "sale". It was $4000. I had a friend have the procedure about 6 months later with the same surgeon at the same center and she got great results too, but she thought it hurt more that I did. I kept waking myself up by snoring!!

Isn't a "Lifestyle Lift" the same thing as a mini face lift? I talked to a surgeon a year ago and I asked him about all this then. He also said a mini face lift does not last as long as a full face lift. And, I decided at that time to forget it. I have had 3 plastic surgery procedures - Forehead lift, and upper and lower eye lids. All these things folks are talking about do occur during these procedures. I believe they have decided to label it a Lifestyle Lift instead of face lift or mini-facelift so they don't scare off those who wouldn't have put themselves through something correctly identified as a face lift. It is extremely important you do all the research on any procedure being performed on your body. I vetted 3 surgeons before I let anyone touch my face. Are they board certified? Did they let you talk to other patients? What are the risks and side effects? Use your intuition and listen to your gut. I didn't have any problems other than the fact that I have the tendency to develop keloids (sp) which are scars and numbness on my forehead. I knew going in there was a risk. The scars can be minimized (flattened) with injections of cortisone (I think that is what they used - it has been 16 years). It took a while - 2 or 3 years for the feeling in my forehead to come back but the nerves regenerated themselves eventually. It wasn't funny though when you would walk up to a window and think you weren't that close to it until the rest of your face let you know. But I kept rubbing and massaging that spot for a long time until it is gone. The body has amazing healing properties, but you have to assist it. I can say with complete honesty I would do it again. The results were what I hoped. Those puffy upper and lower lids GONE. No more looking like a prize fighter have crying for 3 minutes. I could cry and no longer have to worry about all that fat telling the world I had been upset the night before. Bottom line - do the leg work on any procedure being done. Be proactive. Ask the hard questions. Understand the risk and side effects. Doctors spend too little time with us, so WE MUST be proactive. Don't just take their word for something. Trust but verify. I am sick to my stomach that the Lifestyle Lift is not being called what it really is a FACE LIFT (mini). Read up on what a face lift is and then make your decision. Make an informed decision. Shame on Life Style Lift.
NO!!! With a LSL the incision is made outside of your ear down the side of your face. With a Mini Face lift the incision is concealed inside your ear. Unless you have no melanin in your skin, the scar "will" be visible.
It is going on 4 years since I unfortunately met Dr. Frankenstein and his assistant Igor. I still want justice, I still live with the scars, I still hide from family and friends and I still have nightmares. Unless all of us "monsters" ban together and put this out in the open we will have to be content to comfort each other here. I do not profess to be free and open with my experience and scars, it's like a back alley abortion - I feel so ashamed. I am however seeking restitution however feeble that may be. I am so angry that I let my guard down from money-grubbing egostictical males - I think that is my greatest shame. I believed.
I also have very visible scars - resulting from a LSL. I now have to hide behind my hair & a blue tooth headset that I wear everywhere I go. I have considered going to a plastic surgeon & having the scars revised to the inside of my ears, but I am so afraid that I will end up in a worse position than I'm already in.
My experience is the same and now will report this to the state board, has anyone recovered money from LSL themselves for malformed procedures?
No - I have contacted several attorneys & they will not even talk to me. Told it's not worth their time.
What is the doctors name? Did you speak with the doctor before the procedure?
The more we join forces the more we should be able to put the LSL away forever. I, too, had a very bad experience there. They will continue to do this to people unless they are stopped. I am sure that now that there have been so many complaints about the that they are trying to do things a bit different. However, I don't think any plastic surgeon who is good and properly certified would work there. The doctors they employ have taken "crash courses" in p.l. and usually have degrees but not as certified plastic surgeons like those surgeons who belong to the Amer. Soc. of Plastic Surgeons. If they don't belong to the ASPS - don't even consider them.
I am willing to do what ever is necessary to get some restitution.
Iam I too am much like you w/ my :LSL results. They are liars, scammers& me& a few others filed a complaint w. our state medical licensing board against LSL and the Dr. Simple forms to fill out, tell the story above. Later they give u a case #& forms to allow permission for the investigator to get your med. records & before/after shots. You were so duped like we were, please consider reporting them. They are so shady, such liars& together maybe we can make a difference. We have approx 6 that reported them, 10 more gathering their stories to report& countless others trying to find the correct agency in their city/state. As I said " Strength in numbers'. Em back when you get a chance.
I feel your pain, I have the same scars and no earlobes since 2009. In Atlanta I hate to call him Dr. because he doesn't deserve the title. Kim butchered my ears, and I was crazy enough to let them do a 2nd procedure on me (not Kim). THEY DO NOT GIVE REFUNDS. These people LSL are still bickering w/me over this matter. Please reply to this posting, so we can ban together.
Thank you to you for this warning.....after reading yours and all of the others, I will look in the mirror and say I am who I am, thank you thank you for saving me. Pat Z
I am glad there is at least a few smart people such as yourself Pat. Do you see some of these dopey women who read this board then ask for a good LSL doctor? There are doctors however that are honest and will do an excellent job. I had someone who fixed this LSL disgusting mess then do the "procedure" correct. It cost me a small fortune. And if was a very aggresive surgery. The results at two months are unreal...just beautiful. And he so happens to be the same doctor who informed me that I even had a facelift because LSL is so good at deception I DIDN'T KNOW I EVEN HAD A FACELIFT. He also informed me that he fixes LSL "all week long." Good luck Pat. If you need me shout out.
This was dome in Westbury NY. How do these disgusting doctors and office workers sleep at night...disfiguring people, lying, stealing their money, etc. I am sure some of these doctors are qualified to do facelifts BUT how can they work for a place that has such a bad rating with the BBB and consumers? Don't they have any pride? How can people go to medical school and take the Hippocratic Oath and then do this? The owners of this company are just as disgusting in my opinion because they know about all these complaints and they won't do anything about it. In my opinion this LSL will eventually collaspe from the bad publicity and deservingly so. When I initially tried to tell the people on this board my horrible experience LSL was at a 50% dissatisfaction rate, that was a few months ago now, now in February it is at 55%. How much more do you people need to hear?
Hi, And thank you so much for caring enough to warn the rest of us that are considering this. Your encounter sounded eerily familiar as I just met with a "consultant" today who did the same exact thing that you described. She pulled my skin back and told me that these were the results that I could expect. I saw no doctor and I'm expected to submit a deposit. Oh, but she did mention that the doctor is a graduate of Yale. But, out of curiosity. Did you happen to have the consult in Manhattan?
Marilyn Don't do it. Contact me if you want the name of the doctor who did my scar revision. He is absolutely totally qualified, a wonderful human being and his staff are all top notch pros.
Thanks so much for your post! It seems I'm just another lady (fool) walking into a potential nightmare. Thank God I couldn't sleep and found this site. When something appears too good to be true, it usually is. It's appauling we women blindly trust for vanity & saving a few bucks. I'm cancelling my surgery. You saved me from a potential nightmare... only wish you had the info earlier!!
My wife e-mailed you today, her e-mail is not working. She asked what was the name of the Doctor that did your procedure? Editor note: you must be contacted privately with doctor recommendations and feedback. Readers should click on your username to reach the private contact form.
It doesn't matter who the doctor was...I would not call him a doctor anyway. You read my story. If anyone wants to contemplate having this done with it's 50% dissatisfaction rate...go ahead.