NO! Even the Doctor Couldn't See Results!

I took a before picture and 3 after pictures...

I took a before picture and 3 after pictures several months apart. All we taken in the same light with the same shirt on. I took the pictures back to the doctor and had him put them in order of dates. He got them EXACTLY backwards! Needless to say, they gave me 2 treatments of some radio frequency thing that worked slightly better for FREE. Do NOT recommend thermage.

Kirkland Laser Treatment Center.

I think thermage has gotten better since I posted this. I heard it's not as painful. At the time, in certain spots I would rate the pain an 8 out of 10 although some spots maybe only a 5. Was not comfortable at all though and if it was still the same and I knew it would work wonders for me, not sure I would go through it again.
I had a feeling it was going to be bad when they recommended a topical numbing cream. Thanks for your honesty.
Does anyone know if it feels comparable to an ipl facial? I think those get really hot and can barely make it through, and they go over your entire face only once. I have a thermage treatment scheduled in a month and i'm nervous about being able to handle it..

I had thermage done at 45 and was really pleased with the results! I had a bit of a droop in my eyelids and I noticed immediately the droop was gone. I also had some pockets of fluid under the eyes and it also disappeared! All over my face it looked just a lil refreshed. Lasted for about 5 years went back to another location and didn't get as good results, but still pleased. Yes it can get a lil hot in sensitive areas, but no redness after! Highly recommend it!

Thank you for sharing your pictures as most people do not have the courage to do so. I am very grateful.
I would be curious to know about the Radio Frequency treatment
I had that done on my face and upper arms about 6 months ago. The results take about 6 months and it's a little slower but I think it made a noticeable difference. Let's face it, - $50K, and we'll all look younger ;-)
I see the first picture is livelier, the colors are much better. The hair in the first picture has more volume. Everything in the first picture is better than the second.

Cheryle - sorry to hear this, but thank you for sharing with the RealSelf community.  Did you have this done in the Seattle region? Are you considering any other treatments or approaches to improving your skin?

I had it done at Perfect Beuty in Bay Shore NY.I keep trying to get in touch with them but my calls are never returned.

I had a Thermage treatment in October 2010. I am 67 years old. While I didn't expect miracles I thuoght I would see some improvement. Believe it or not I looked worse than before the treatment. If I was not a candidate for the procedure because of my age, they should have told me. After paying $3400 I feel I was ripped off! Bewar!

Where did you have your work done?
I had the procedure done at Perfect Body in Bay Shore NY.
I agree - if you are not a candidate - then it is clearly a ripped off. Cheryle - where did you go ?
Wow, I got a quote of $4500 for full face and I'm just beginning to show real signs of aging. All I want is a little freshening up.
That is pure greed right there. $4500? I mean i would just go in for a surgical facelift at that price!
you can achieve great results with thermage. Here's how: You want to get a thermage CPT treatment. Cpt stands for comfort pulse technology. The main problem with thermage in the past was that it was painful so the practitioner would turn down the heat and the results wouldn't be as good for this reason. With the new thermage CPT it is now much more comfortable and the results are much more consistent. Make sure the center that you go to has performed a high number of procedures. and most importantly make sure that you are not a better candidate for a facelift it is really a treatment for someone who does not need a face lift. If you fit the category you will enjoy seeing the immediate changes from thermage and the continued improvement in facial contour, tone, and having a more youthful quality to your skin. Worked wonders for me!
Um, the two above pictures are NOT identical. If you are an aesthetic provider, I ask that you halt your practice immediately! One of the hallmarks of a great aesthetic practitioner is attention to detail. Not only is the ambient lighting slightly different between the two pictures, the bottom of her hair is different in each picture as well as in the top picture is a drape over the back of the couch which is not there in the bottom picture. These are only a few differences one should be able to notice at a glance. There are many other differences as well if you just look.
There are only 2 doctors in our area that do this procedure. After my bad experience with Thermage Eyes and reading other people's posts I can see why.
Late but better than never- I did get a Thermage as a complement to a lower face lift. I believe that my results, which I like, cannot be attributed to either of the two procedures but I can tell you that Thermage promises and does not deliver. I was told that it will accentuate my facial countour. It did not. So I think that was a waste of my $2500:(. I have gotten wiser- for my naso labial folds, I have been getting Perlane fillers once a year. But I will never again shell out such amount of money for something that I do not think works. With regard to my lower face lift, I like my results - my chin/jowl line is more sharp than before. I am sorry I have to agree with you that I do not see any results on your Thermage. My botox doc told me he got rid of Thermage in his office as he does not think it works.
You're right - I should have had a professional photographer come in and take the pictures. All I know is that I took four photographis in the same position, almost the same time of day and took them in to the doctor's office so they could see the difference. Like I said, they got them exactly backwards. Maybe I did expect too much but for over $2000, I expected more than a line next to my nose softened.
I agree with dez. Perhaps your expectations were a little bit unrealistic. Thermage is supposed to be subtle. I can actually see an improvement in your face. It appears tighter and more lifted and softer looking. Your neck looks pretty saggy still but the way you are sitting is definitely exagerating that. I feel sorry for your poor docter: you had unrealistic expectations, he maybe promised too much and now he is paying for it by having to give you all these free treatments and with you dissing him online.
First of all, that is not the way you take a before and after picture. Sitting down with your head back creates unatural folding of the skin(like on the neck)so you would have to discount the pictures for that reason. If you were standing or sitting up straight The skin on your neck would look different. I can see a reduction of the naso-labial folds around your mouth. Maybe you thought you would get a facelift results from a non surgical procedure, from which you have no downtime?
I totally agree
I also live in Kirkland and am looking into thermage. Could you tell me who did your procedure? Thanks