Oh My God Sick After Botox Injections - The Woodlands, TX

I had botox injections a few weeks ago to...

I had botox injections a few weeks ago to eliminate line between brows, on forehead and around eyes. I had botox injections before and they seemed to do the trick however I would sometimes feel sick for about a week after the injections.

Because of this I chose to have the injections done over several weeks time and would start with one area and then a week later address another and so on. This seemed to eliminate the side effects of flu like symptoms I got when I had the full treatment done at one time. This last time I forgot to ask for a extended treatment period and the doctor gave me a total of 35cc's in one sitting which was injected between brow, forehead and around eyes and I have been regretting it ever since.

I have been ungodly sick since and knew without a doubt that the botox had done it again. I have had horrible flu like symptoms which have included headache, dizzyness, blurred vision, all over joint and muscle pain, extreme sweating, labored breathing, extreme fatigue and weakness. I have been sleeping well over 10 hours a day as I am too tired to do anything else. I have been nauseous at times and have not wanted to eat because I have no appetite. My sinuses went crazy and last Monday I literally crawled to the ENT to ask for help. He diagnosed me as having the flu and a sinus infection but I know that botox initiated all symptoms. I was given a steroid shot, antibiotics, and medication for nausea and dizzyness. I am slowly beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel but I attribute that to the steroid shot which abated a lot of the physical symptoms I was experiencing.

Hi Sdp,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. I'm sorry you are going through this, no fun. After you feel better are you going to continue to go and just do them over several weeks time like you had before? Please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

Hi, Haven't been here for a while so I...

Hi,
Haven't been here for a while so I thought I'd let you know what's been going on with me. I can say one thing for sure, Botox is the gift that truly keeps on giving. I've been working through the shortness of breath issue using inhalers and that seems to be improving which may have helped the horrific fatigue a little. I am amazed, however, to report that just when one issue is close to being resolved another one pops up right behind it. Over the last week I have had nausea for the first time accompanied by an increase in the dizziness I have reported previously. On top of that I have had hours of intense sweating followed by chills which are usually accompanied by diarrhea and body aches. Although I live in Houston we've had temperatures in the low twenties which is unusual for us. What is even more unusual is my husband coming to bed only to find me lying on top of the covers with the window wide open trying to cool off in below freezing temperatures and me telling him, no I won't shut the window because I'm hot and I'm not getting any relief. And this from a woman who gets cold when it's 80 degrees. So -to the Dr's who still are going with "it's the flu" theory I have to ask you. How common is it for the flu to last for months on end and how common is it that people are diagnosed with the flu when they present with the following symptoms; depression, anxiety, brain fog, tremors, incontinence, heart palpitations, dizziness, phobias, shortness of breath, tingling in extremities, sleeplessness, trouble swallowing, skin sensitivity, sensitivity to light, blurred vision, ear pain or pressure, numbness, drooping or swollen eyelids, infections in one or more parts of the body ... along with profuse sweating, weakness, fatigue, headaches, nausea, fever, vomiting and diarrhea that, granted, are common flu symptoms but become uncommon very quickly when they don't resolve in a reasonable time frame. We've all been to a host of Dr.'s and some of us have ended up in the Emergency Room because of the diversity and severity of our symptoms. It has been suggested to most of us that it was a coincidence that we got the 'FLU' at the same time we got our Botox injections. Yes, some of the symptoms described in this forum are symptoms that 'MAY' be attributed to the flu but the set of symptoms we describe in this forum are a unique set of symptoms that far surpass that of the common flu and, therefore, deserve to be taken seriously.

Hi Lisa, It was three years for me last month and I have done so much in the last eight months ( which would mean just a little over two years) that I am living a better life now than I ever did before botox. To give you a run down - I lived in Houston and was married. In April of this year I rented a town home (3 stories mind you) in New Orleans to be available to care for my parents who both were having health problems. No one to help me to move in so I did it myself! Whew! Realized that the symptoms I was having diminished greatly when I was alone. Had been thinking that the stress that had gone on in my marriage seemed to ramp up my symptoms greatly - but ya know cause I was ill I was afraid to live by myself - but I thought I absolutely had to put my trust in God and go because my marriage had been an unhappy one for many years. So - I told my husband after 26 years of marriage that I wanted a divorce last April, flew home to get my dog, drove back to New Orleans with my friend who helped me move into a house that I bought. Yes - the divorce is stressful but being without the daily strain of the marriage the symptoms ramped down dramatically. I would say that 95% of my symptoms are gone or on their way out. My eyes were completely horrible at one time diagnosed as legally blind but I didn't buy into thinking it was permanent. Although they still can get a bit blurry if tired - I'm here to tell you I aced the Louisiana driving and eye test with flying colors. Sometimes I have heart palpitations but I didn't have them before going through divorce so hard to tell if Botox related or from divorce. I am able to do what I want and what seems to trigger small symptoms is more stress related than anything. I was one of the few who didn't suffer with anxiety so I didn't have that heavy load to deal with. I think because of that I could see the gradual return of function and even though I might not be at my best all of the time I never ever thought my body would not heal. I've done research to understand why it's a slow process ... so the fact that I went up and down and back and forth the first two years didn't worry me. I found acupuncture to be the only treatment that proved helpful. If i can answer any specific questions let me know.
Thank you souch for the update. It is so encouraging to read you ate recovering. This should be a warning to anyone using or considering Botox.

Hi Sdp- just read your update and wanted to say I'm really glad you are moving forward with your life and that most of your side effects are subsiding.  Wishing you the best :)