Breast Explant and Lift at age 50 in Texas

I wish I had just had a lift 12 years ago, but...

I wish I had just had a lift 12 years ago, but here I am getting ready to remove these things along with a lift. I'm excited, nervous, but hopeful. I don't mind being small, I used to be a 32B, I'm a 32D with implants and my PS says to expect to be an AA to small B. I'm what most people consider petite at 5'5" and weigh 112. I've done a ton of research and read tons of blogs.

Before pics

Here are a few before pics.

Before pics

Before

Bra recommendations

I don't want to spend a ton of money on bras that I'll never where once I'm healed. Any advice?

Pre-op done!

I went for my final pre-op with my PS and the hospital today. Only a little over two weeks now! I'm excited and a little nervous, but mostly wanting to be done.
I don't know why, but originally I thought my PS was leaving the capsules in, but today he said he's removing them. Maybe I was just on information overload the first time, not sure.
Anyway, excited for the final countdown now. I'm the first scheduled surgery of the day do I have to be at the hospital by 5:30am on the 22nd. All prayers are greatly appreciated!

Tomorrow is the big day!

Hi sweet ladies! Tomorrow is my day to explant first thing in the morning! I am having a lift as well, so prayerfully everything will go perfect! Thanks for all your encouraging stories and support! I'll update tomorrow as soon as I'm coherent. I sure would appreciate prayer??

I survived!

Well I had explant and lift this past Thursday and I'm glad to be on the other side. BUT, it was rough. Thursday was fine, I was put under and was given morphine in recovery, so I was still smiling and happy Thursday evening.
Friday was a complete disaster, I was a wreck, I mean a really bad wreck. Coming off the anesthesia and discovering that I had a horrible reverse reaction to the pain meds made for a rough day, I literally thought I would die. I didn't sleep Thursday, was horribly sick Friday and couldn't eat or sleep. I started taking Tylenol for pain, my antibiotics and still tried the anti-nausea med and went right back into drug trauma because that med also caused reverse drug reaction. Late Friday night after zero sleep or food and after much consultation with a friend that is a nurse and was aware of all meds I had taken, I was convinced to take my regular sleeping aid. I was paranoid, afraid to take anything and terrified of falling asleep. All completely out of character for me.
Well I finally slept a few hours after much prayer from my sweet hubby and a small group of close women from our church family that my husband contacted.
Saturday I finally felt like I would survive, I ate a banana and broth and crackers and was much better. It has also been an emotional ride for sure, lots of times just crying and wondering why I ever did this to myself.
I had my first shower after 48 hours and that really helped me feel better. My hubby is a blessing, he's been tender and compassionate and just wonderful. He's washed my hair, dealt with the drains and changed my dressings everyday.
First look at the new breasts was somewhat scary at first. They are significantly smaller which I'm fine with. My PS said I was about 80% implant, but clean and no scar tissue. So small, bruised, cut up, but shape seems nice. Still hard to tell. But I will be pleased just being me again.
It will be great to get rid of the drains! Follow up is Friday!
I will post photos once the drains are gone. Thanks for all the wonderful support and prayers!

Drains out early!

So my drains had almost no fluid for a few days and my doctor said they could come out! Super exciting news!
I went in yesterday and had my first post-op visit early! It was a little uncomfortable having them removed, but a breeze in comparison to everything else.
I slept wonderful last night! Huge relief, I feel like a new woman!
My PS said I'm healing wonderfully! He seemed almost apologetic that I was so small, so funny because I'm completely satisfied with my results so far.
I know there is still some swelling and I will likely be even smaller, but I'm fine with that. I'm going to make sure and do everything he says in order to get the best results.
Don't want to post pics right now because they are still bruised and swollen. I also have a mesh, gluey strip over all sutures. But, in a couple of weeks after those come off I will.
It's a huge difference! Before I was a 34D and now I'm guessing I'm in the A family. It's okay though, no regrets:)

Oops...correction, 32D not 34D.

I measured a 32D before, but wore a 34D for comfort. I think because they felt to heavy.

3 weeks post pics!

Hi Ladies!
I had my 3 week post op visit with my PS yesterday and had the mesh tape/ strips and patches removed. It was a pretty exciting day because it was the first time I was able to actually see my nipples and the scars and get an idea of what I had to look forward to. The best part was when they were removing the mesh patches off my nipples because I could completely feel it! I had greater sensation in them than before the surgery! Then I had to rush to work, but was so anxious to get home and see them.
The pictures make them look a little bigger to me than they really are and in person the scars are more pronounced. I'm not sure what size I am yet, if I'm a B, it a very small B, but really probably an AA. Either way, I'm very pleased with the results, scars and all. This was a very good decision for me and I feel like my PS did a great job.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gill has been great, I immediately felt at ease with him. I read every review about him I could find and they were all great. Then after the fact I found out that a dear friend who is a nurse suffered cancer and used Dr. Gill for her reconstruction surgery and she said he was great! Dr. Gill knew I did not want new implants and just wanted explanting and so explained what he recommended for me to obtain the best results. I'm now post op by a little less than a week and I must say I am completely satisfied and pleased with my treatment throughout the entire process. Dr. Gill personally called me the day after surgery to check on me and his PA checked in on me as well. Dr. Gill has been great and I would highly recommend him.