Chin Lipo - After Three Weeks, Starting to See Results

I am a fit 33 year old woman and I have always had...

I am a fit 33 year old woman and I have always had a double chin. It just runs in my family.

I had chin lipo done about three weeks ago. I had significant swelling and bruising around my neck. It looked as if someone had strangled me. I also had two large lumps and a rope like indention around my neck. I was really worried about what I had done, but my doctor assured me that it would all go down.

My bruising went away at about a week and half and the swelling is getting better everyday. I still have hard lumps under my chin and on my neck, but I have been massaging them and they are getting better.

I'm starting to see the results now. It was hard at first because I wasn't presentable to get out of the house and I had to wear the compression garment 24/7 for over a week, although I kept it on longer and still sleep in it. I'm excited that everyday I can see a difference and am really glad that I did it, so I can stop being self-conscious about my double chin and focus on more important things!

The Woodlands Plastic Surgeon

My Dr. is a double board certified doctor. She is amazing! I would highly recommend her!

Hmm do you think it is from the pressure from the bandage? A lot of the time gravity will make it so that your face seems to sag a bit. I also had little pouches on my face for a while but as the swelling goes down even further it disappears.
I hope this reassures you!
Yakumo, i've started to see two band like things on my neck just where my neck begins from the top...they feel hard and look weird..did u have that, what is it and most of all will it go away???
Yakumo...that's the power of the internet, you get to connect with people from all around th world:) I'll keep u posted on my recovery process.
Omarlaylayoussef,
Egypt is quite far from New Jersey, how surprising that we're connecting here!
His advice sounds like good standard advice.
Let me know how you feel later on. I'm sure your recovery will be fast!

Best
Yakumo, actually i'm from cairo, Egypt so u probably don't know my doctor:) but he's one of the best here.
I've also started to massage the lumpy areas..you can't see them but u can feel them..he also said adding worm compresses might help to speed up the process.
Omarlaylayoussef,
Yes that was totally my case.
For 5-6 weeks I felt lumpy and very uneven (from left to right). Don't worry about anything until enough time has passed. Do you mind me asking who was your doctor?
Yakumo, yes in 3 days it'll be the 2 week mark:) I went to my doctor yesterday for a follow-up visit. I mentioned to him that i have these small lumps under my chin area and he said it was normal and that it most probably is blood formation and that it will resolve on its own...did this happen to u as well?
Omarlaylayoussef,
Nope. I was told to wear it for the first 3 weeks. But I wore it through the 4th week as well since the compression garment can only help not hurt the final product.
How are you feeling now? its nearing the 2 week mark soon, am I right?
Omarlaylayoussef, It's totally normal to see swelling after 10 days.
I had facial lipo and I felt like a chipmunk for the first two months, uncomfortable about being seen in public.
It has been almost 12 weeks since my procedure and still seeing changes in my face every day.
yakumo, thanx for ur reply:) so r u still wearing the compression garmant?
Hi everyone:) I just had chin lipo about 10 days ago. I'm a bit dipressed though cuz i really don't see much change:( I never had a huge double chin, but it was there and bothered me. Is it normal to have lots of swelling sfter 10 days, and when should most of the swelling be gone...i'm so depressed:(
Wow 17 pounds is a lot of weightloss congratulations!
I only had my chin done , no tummy , recently lost 17 pounds though , if i loose another 24 i am getting at the very least a mini tuck done , feel i will deserve it if i make it :) What did you have done ? MY daughter had a full Tummy tuck and i can see she has gained some back , and it looks like it was where the lipo was so , i don't believe you can't gain it back there .
Hi bootyfull. So glad to hear that you're happy with your results. When did you start feeling good about the way you looked? It has been 9 weeks since my procedure and I am only starting to feel that I look normal and will continue to look better slowly.
Hi

To be honest if u look at my photos, the results were immediate. I lost 10lbs after my vaser and then the following weeks after i lost a further stone.

I think my stomach looked strange after it and its only just been recently all the redness has gone, i had slight discolouration too and thats gone now.

I think it does take up to a year!

xx
that's so good to hear!
Recovery seems to have been fast for you and you must have had a wonderful surgeon!
I am at 10 weeks but I'm still not really comfortable with the way I look. But many people have said I look like I lost weight which is a good sign.

Are you worried at all that you will gain in other areas while you are pleased with your stomach? Many people claim that their bodies have compensated for the loss of fat by gaining equal amounts in other areas.
Hi

I have gained some weight back, its not true that when you have lipo all the fat cells are removed, you couldnt possibly remove every single fat cell!

The difference is that when you see the weight slowly going back on, you start to do something about it.

x
Hi everyone, hope your all ok?

Its nearly about a year since i had vaser on my chin and its now been over a year since i had it on my body. Im still very pleased with my results, think i will get my thighs done soon!!!

xx
No, I didn't have a double chin I only had the procedure done on the jawline and cheeks. I just saw my PS on Monday and he says everything looks okay and that if I wish it's safe to apply a little bit of pressure and massaging on the lumps.
I think Chin liposuction patients recover quite quickly. You must be enjoying your results now! I can't wait to enjoy mine too.
Hedgehog1, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. I've passed my 3 week mark and I still am quite swollen and I look quite round.

I am experiencing lumps like you are. I think we may start massaging after four weeks if the doctor thinks its time.

Actually right now my right cheek looks noticeably larger than my left cheek and it really troubles me after 3 weeks because it seems about time that they should have evened out more. I am planning to call my PS tomorrow to see if he can look at it.

Do you think you look normal (post-op) yet? or have you already started to see your results?
Did you only get your chin done ?if so i cannot imagine how or why your cheek should be swolen , when was your last Doctors visit? . MY Doctor told me i could very gently massage , i have chosen not too , Idid follow some advice from another Doc on here and placed some gauze under my compression band to add more pressure to the lumps ,it seems to have helped some today . I feel lucky so far i am happy with the results apart from a tight feeling in the morning , i am feeling very good about it. Please keep me updated after your Doc visit . Hope you feel better soon :)
How are you doing now Yakumo ,i am doing good have afew lumps under my chin, but feel reasured after reading posts on here , can't wait to massage them more too tender at the moment , how are you
Hedgehog1, I'm so happy for you that you don't have much swelling. That's very lucky. I also feel so trapped and unable to go outside. I feel that I look so strange and puffy that I haven't been outside in almost two weeks!
TMW, Robert, thank you for your replies.

So it took at least 4-6 weeks to look normal and months to look mostly healed?

Why is it that all recovery time descriptions for this surgery say "restaurant ready in 1 week" and pre-op looking in 2 weeks?
I expected for the swelling to go down so much faster. I feel so anxious and frantic.
I had my chin lipo 3 days ago ,andi amamazed st this point how little swelling i have ,iam abit lumpy on my neck i think from the compression garment . I think the worse part is being kinda grounded and clstraphobic in this head piece