So Incredibly Happy I Did It! -Galena, Ohio

I have been reading and considering Ulthera for...

I have been reading and considering Ulthera for quite some time. I scheduled my appointment for April 4th (yesterday.) After reading many of the reviews on this site I was really afraid to have it done. I am pretty tolerant of pain, but the reviews really had me stressing over it. I almost cancelled. I am SO thankful I kept the appointment.
I went to The Skin Center in Gahanna, Ohio (outside of Columbus) This the is office of Dr. Colon. Cheri Fillinger was the RN who did my Ulthera.
First Dr. Colon came in to see me and examined my skin and talked to me for a few minutes about the procedure. Then Cheri gave me a couple pills (Vicodin, and a couple of others) to take (she had me take 800mg of Motrin before I left home) then I relaxed in a spa type room until the pills took effect. I was relaxed, but not too much (I do not like the feeling of drowsy). First we went over the equipment, and what they would do and how it would feel. As she did each section she would tell me exactly how it would feel. I really did not have pain, maybe a little uncomfortable in a couple of areas (forehead and by my ear) but out of around 1000 passes, maybe 10 were uncomfortable (but actually I laughed when they were those passes just because it surprized me)
I am SO shocked that it did not hurt. I am very happy that I did it. My skin looks just a little tighter today, but I know the results come in the next 3-6 months. I did not have any bruising (I am at work today). I am fair skinned so sometimes I can bruise easily. I have a slight bit of swelling under one eye, no one would notice but me. I have a follow up visit in a month, so I cant wait to see the results. They said the results they have seen have been amazing! So I am pumped. I say just do it!! But one word of caution. In my opinion, the testimonials I have seen from others makes me believe that the person administering the Ulthera is going to make the difference (trained, experienced, and knowledgable), and also if they have the most current equipment (I understand it has changed in the past year and the new equipment is less painful.) I am seriously telling you, my expereince was hardly any discomfort!!! I had full face, forehead, and neck. I hope this helps!

Hi there Boroblonde, Congratulations on hitting your 3 months mark! Any positive improvements? Are you happy with the results? Thanks.
Hello Boroblonde. It's so great to hear that you had such a positive experience. I go in to have mine done on the 30th of this month, but I'm going to Cleveland. I really hope my treatment goes as well as yours. Do you mind if I ask how old you are? I know results vary based on age and condition of skin. Maybe you wouldn't mind sharing your age and skin condition with us?? =) Thanks a bunch. Good luck in the coming months, hope you see lots of improvement.
Hello Boroblonde. Thank you so much for your review. Please review again and let us all know how your results are progressing. I'm on the fence about this procedure and this site has been really helping me to make a decision. I did thermage in 2010. I didn't notice much difference, but friends kept telling me how great I looked???
Columbus Plastic Surgeon