I Gained my Confidence Back! - Scottsdale, AZ

I was turning 50, & it was getting to the point...

I was turning 50, & it was getting to the point where I couldn't stand to look at myself in the mirror, or have the desire to apply makeup in an attempt to look pretty. I would keep the lights on in the house down very low. This has been the best decision I have ever made in my life & would highly recommend this procedure along with the Blepharoplasty (upper & lower lids). I haven't felt this beautiful in such a long time. I feel alive & ready to live life again with passion. I was just recently told I look 30ish. I even keep getting many date invitations & a few are in there 20's!! LOL! Loving Life Again!!! Thank You Dr. Shaw!

week after surgery

Arizona Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Lawrence W. Shaw is "The Best" Cosmetic Surgeon in my opinion, & came very highly recommended. I had absolutely no pain after surgery, & never needed any of my pain meds! I healed very quickly too. He is so funny & very friendly & genuinely cares about the people he performs his magic on. He restored my confidence, & gave me my life back. I can now live life passionately & with my head held high! I highly recommend Dr. Shaw, or as I now consider him, The Great Wizard of AZ!!

You look vibrant and refreshed. I will share my experience once the doctor's finished with me. You are very lucky to have such wonderful results. It's crucial to pick the best doctor and it looks like you found a gem in AZ!
I am having upper and lower Blepharoplasty tomorrow. I am really scared. Are you still happy with your decision. I am using a very well known plastic surgeon in San Diego. Any advise?
That is the cake part! Don't be afraid, you will love the results & look so much younger! It was the brow lift that is more surgically involved. The eyes heal very very quickly! no scars either. Relax & let the nurses pamper you!
Congratulations on your great result...do you know what kind of brow lift you had? From the post op experience of everyone on RS who had an endoscopic or coronal or trichophytic brow procedure it seems all of these surgeries create a good deal of pain and numbness after the procedures. There are less invasive kinds of brow lifts that are less invasive (a lateral or temporal lift is one such technique) but even patients with those seem to have moderate pain with them. You are very fortunate that your brow lift caused no pain. Do you know what type of brow lift you had and are the incisions in front of or in the hairline? Were there small incisions and how many of them were there? thanks, grace
I had the Coronal Brow lift Standard (tightening & lifting my forehead by removing excess skin) The incisions were in my hairline. I had about 40 staples in my head & many sutures as well. I lost clumps of hair after the 1st hair wash, but it is unnoticeable. So DONT freak out about that! Seriously, there was no pain, just a lot of numbness & no feeling which is a weird feeling, but not painful. I would do this all over again if I had to, it is so worth it! Before pics coming soon!
You look great. Did you have any moments of panic the first couple of weeks after your surgery? How long ago was your surgery?
I wasn't worried at all. I wanted to do this for so long, & was just so unhappy with the way I looked, & had no second thoughts about it! Plus the doctor came highly recommended. A very good friend of mine has a friend that works for Dr. Shaw. She does all my skin care now & is so awesome along with the rest of the staff. She is now a friend of mine! My surgery was almost 2 months ago. I feel great!!
I healed so quickly, so had no regrets or panic. After just 1 week, I looked pretty normal!
any numbness to the head/face?
Yes, definitely.. but slowly & each day feeling is coming back. I also want to add that the price above is ONLY for the patient brow lift. It does not include the Blepharoplasty & medical bills (hospital stay & hospital costs)
You look amazing, I'd love to see the "before" pic's...what type of brow lift did you have?
Thank You! I go back in January, & will ask for some of the before pictures to post. I do not have any recent before the surgery. I will be back. I do have one of me black & blue & will post that in the meantime.
I had the Coronal Brow lift Standard (tightening & lifting my forehead by removing excess skin) I also had the Blepharoplasty Quad Skin & Fat (removing excess skin & fat from upper & lower eyelids) all at the same time.
Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! You look beautiful. Do you have any before photos to post so we can see the transformation?
I will ask for some of the pictures they took of me before the surgery to post. I go back in January.
That would be super! I love your positive story.