The Most Important Factor....a Qualified Doctor

I had horrible results from smart lipo which have...

I had horrible results from smart lipo which have caused me to incur an additional $20,000 to fix (reconstructive surgery). Buyer beware. While I am sure many people have excellent results, the key to good results is the physician performing the procedure, the laser itself. My original procedures was perform on my flanks/back and upper arms.

He (the original doctor that performed the procedure) literally took a chunk out of my arm, leaving an enormous scar. It turns out he had very little training in this procedure and purchased the laser from the manufacturer without prior experience. It has taken almost one year and over $20,000 to correct and I am not done yet.

My advise is if you are considering going forward with this procedure, see actual patients he has performed the surgery on and most of all talk to some of those patients.

I was falsely lead to believe this physician had experience performing this procedure on other patients, when in fact he had very little experience at all. It turns out he was simply an internal medicine physician and not a board certified plastic surgeon as I originally thought.

Hi CLNfemale, I was just wondering at what point during post surgery did you notice your arm starting to take shape? I just had smart lipo done about a week ago....
I would love to list the name of the doctor who did this procedure. However, at the present time I am pursuing legal action and as such can not divulge that information. I will tell you that there are very few "certified plastic surgeons" in San Diego performing this type of lipo. So if you want to avoid the results I got go to a "Certified Plastic Surgeon" and more importantly CHECK their credentials. I was lead to believe that the doctor performing my procedure was a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and it turns out he was not. I have also come to learn that it is not the laser itself, but the doctor using the laser that produces your end result. All the best.
Hi everbody, CLNfemale has chosen not to list her provider. The editor's note referred to ndmoreno, who does list her doctor in her review. Apologies for the confusion.
Her result is not uncommon. Be very careful. I didn't see the service provider listed either.
I don't see the doctor's name!
Dear CLNfemale, who was your doctor who did this to you? I am in San Diego and am considering this procedure. Thank you!
I live in Santa Clara. I went to {removed}. Moderator note:The doctor's name appears at the top of ndmoreno's Smart Lipo review. To view, you must sign in to RealSelf or register for a free account.
I had the same result even worser on my stomic , I am dipresed and don't know what to do.
Can you tell me what Dr. you orig. went to as I also live in SD?
Hello! Why your arm looks a lot like my legs. Would you mind forwarding the information regarding who out there is willing to help and where you gone that has been successful? My legs have chunks going down from the outer thigh all the way down to the muscle and to the knee. I commend you for having the courage to seek out someone else for correction. I keep looking and hoping and never seem to get the courage to say - Yep! I am confident that this one is the one. Plus I do not have that kind of money.
this is so terrible. i hope your doctor compensated you for this. who was it?