The Experience

Did not like implants...too big for frame and just...

Did not like implants...too big for frame and just wanted to be natural again :) Was sick all the time, and I'm very althetic so they didn't work for me too well.

After a woman has been explanted (unders), how long does it take for the muscle to reattach where it has been cut? Also, if the crease line incision scar tissue adheres to the muscle, what can be done to fix that?

Y didn't I read *this* review + comments before doing this implant to me. Sucks so badly
It's been a week and a half now, and although the bandages are still on, and the stitches haven't fully dissolved, the bruising is gone and I can tell that they look exactly like they did when I was 20! I'm happy about that. Definately perky and a bit rounder (probably since I gained 25 pounds since I was 20)

It doesn't hurt anymore, but itches a lot. The most uncomfortable thing is the support bra I have to wear. I'll have to post more in a few weeks.
I Have an appt. next week with an explant specialist in Houston...and I'm glad to hear from smeone who DID have a lift after explant...I went from a 34C to a 34E ( I think of myself as DD as cannot wrap my head around the number E)and I know the amount of natural breast tissue will need to be addressed..honestly think I would have a difficult time accepting the really droopy and lax skin were I to forgo a lift; after all, the point in removing the implants is to feel great, not create another issue! Not to mention the health aspects...
I'll be interested in reading more during your progress!
I had saline implants for 14 years and just had them removed last week, for the same reasons that you all are mentioning. They were too big, too hard, I didn't feel comfortable with them (especially now that I'm in my 40's) I found that I was always wearing baggy shirts. My husband (who met me after I had the implants in a few years) admitted that he never really liked them anyways.

So I had the explant with a breast lift. (1 week ago)(lollipop lift) the explant would have been free but the lollipop lift cost me 4000$ but I really wanted it done and saved up for it for 2 years. I'm happy now, and feel like myself again. It's a good feeling. I still have the surgical tape on but they don't hurt. The only thing that is very uncomfortable is wearing the support bra after. It's VERY tight.

Also there's a big difference between my formerly d cups and my now large A cups. I haven't gone back to work yet, but I wish I didn't have to wear the support bra so I could wear a slightly padded bra for a few months because i dont' want people at work to notice or talk about it.
Were you feeling sick at all with your implants. I am still considering the removal, but I actually like mine and if I knew for sure I would feel better if I got them removed, I would do it in an instant. I went to my Surgeon and he, of course, said my implants were definitely NOT making me sick....well of course he would say that! I am having some other tests next month, we'll see. Glad you are doing well. I would be right where you are and I think I would like it. Why did you decide to do the lift? My doctor said if I did decide to remove, he wouldn't recommend the lift. What did your doctor say about the lift? Are you glad you did it. I would have to save up for that too! So I better start planning! Thanks for sharing! You go girl!
Hi Beulah, No I wasn't feeling sick at all. I don't think I had any negative health effects from the implants but they were saline and not silicone.

If you like yours I would think very hard before removing them.

I got the lift because my mother had also had implants (the silicone kind and they WERE affecting her health) and when she had them removed, without a lift she told me she was very depressed because her breasts were very small and flat and droopy and she wished she had got a lift. Also things that I read on the web and just knowing that if a woman breastfeeds her breasts typically become droopier. I would liken having implants in for 14 years as if I was breastfeeding for 14 years. I didn't want to take any chances. My surgeon said the lift was totally up to me. Why does your surgeon say not to get the lift?
Yes I am glad I did it, but it's only been a week and I still have the stitches, but from what I can see they are smaller but perky!
Acup33, I was a 34B before I had 3 kids and nursed all three. After that pretty much all I could wear was a 34A if I was lucky. Nothing was there. I waited a few years hoping that the fat cells would return with no luck. It has been 10 years since I got my implants and I do love them, now a 34C, unfortunately, I have had these "unexplainable symptoms" (wrote that in an earlier post) and after reading other woman's stories, seem similar to some of my symptoms. Poor Tess1980 and her story. I do wonder if her challenges are not brought on from her implants as well. I guess we'll never know since, like I mentioned, my PS told me a couple weeks ago when I consulted about explant, "I promise, your implants are NOT making you sick!" Of course that puts question in my mind since I would rather NOT have them removed. If I could have even a perky A or small B after explant, I would do it, but after nursing, like I mentioned, nothing was there. Now that was quite some time ago. My youngest is now 18 and I got my impants when she was 8. So I went 10 years hoping the "fat" would come back! I am 5'4" and 132 pounds. I have probably gained 10 pounds or so in the last 10 years, maybe there would be a small chance I could have some breast tissue return. Health is my biggest concern. Could anyone share if they are having any health problems that could be linked to their implants? Thanks to all of you for your sharing.

I got saline implants at age 34 after breast feeding 3 kids. I was always a 34B but after nursing you know what happens. I went to a 34C and I was very happy with the result. Two years after my implants, I started getting autoimmune problems. My thyroid shut down. I had chest pains, weird chills at night, numbing in my hands and feet, joint pain, memory loss, shortness of breath, decreased activity, my pelvic floor muscles are contracting constantly and I have to go to the bathroom 4-5 times a night, you name it. I have spent thousands at Doctors and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. Well girls, if you are having similar problems take a look at a condition called Sclerdema which woman are getting, a large percentage have implants. I am 44 now and I have really enjoyed my implants but I will be scheduling, tomorrow, to get them out. They are literally killing me. I am afraid of the "look" after, but want my healthy life back, if its not too late. I am so sick most of the time. I feel these things are toxic. Good luck to all of you and thank you so much for your comments! It is so helpful.

Hello, did you get better after the removal? I am experiencing autoimmune issues as well as the other problems you mentioned. I too have spent a lot of money on med bills and I am now being sent to the mayo clinic. I just scheduled to have my implants taken out in a few wks. my husband, who is also a physician, believes it may be my implants. Can you tell me if you're health has improved and at what rate?
hi Jennyk,

I can't really comment on your question because I didn't have problems with my health and my implants. I only had mine taken out because I thought they were looking unnatural and they were getting too big since I started gaining a bit of weight. I can tell you thought that my mother had hers taken out for health reasons, but this was implants from the 70's so they were made differently then. Anyways, her health has improved since then and she's positive it's from the implants being taken out.
Had to join to tell my quick story. I had implants before I gave birth in 1984. Was unable to breast feed as my milk didn't come in when I gave birth in 1986. I had scar tissue, capsular contractions, hardening of the implant, ultimately, silicone leakage (due to a painful mammogram where I was literally squeezed too hard) and consequently had approximately 7 surgeries before eventually having them removed. I was sick for no apparent reason for years,flu like systems out of nowhere for a few days and then I carried on. I had 3 or 4 new setsover the years deplanted in 2003. I went from a 34B to a 36C originally. I am now 50 years old and am very comfortable with my own, natural breasts. At first they were a little deflated, like a fallen soufle, but perked up over a 6 month period. My implants were on top of the muscle and I am thrilled to not have them any more. I am posting this as I want people to know there is life after implants. I still have large breasts as the breast is mainly fat and I am 20 lbs overweight at least right now. But Iam happy to not to have to worry about foreign bodies in my body.
I had silicone implants almost 20 years ago and wanted to take them out after having my second child because my breast got so huge (40 D) and saggy. My original breast size was 34B. I did not do much research when I had my implants and did not know much except that they were placed under the muscle based on a recent mammogram. My breast size was 36 C and my husband just loved them because they were so soft and "natural". Now that I am turning 50 and gained about 30 lbs (I am 5'5 and weigh 157 lbs), my breast just make me look very top heavy. I am scheduled to have them removed and a breast lift afterwards because my PS told me that I will look very deformed if I won't have a breast lift. He said that I will have a longer horizontal scars than the current horizontal scars that I have from the implants and a vertical scar and scar around my areola. My husband is not so happy that I won't have an implant replacement but respected my decision. I am so afraid that I will be so grossly deformed with scars. Nevertheless, I am scheduled to have the surgery on Oct 21 because I am so tired of my large breast size. Can anyone let me know what I need to expect? Any advice? Thx.
I'm 50, I got my implants when I was 28, I loved them I went from barely B to full C, that was about 30 year's ago and 80lbs. ago. Now I'm disabled, I have to use a walker and I have neurological problems. I'm not sure if my implants caused this, I've worked in a lot of factories, in the last nine years I've had 6 surgeries, 3 was because of lumps in my breast, after the last one, I had reconstructive. I now joke, with my closest friends. I call one Sillie and Sallie, because I have one of each. The reason I my tumor got so big because, my insurance ran out. I had a business that was struggling, so I went back to factory work to get proper medical care. I've worked very hard my whole live, now I'm totally disable and broke, I'm going crazy! I have a doctor's appointment in October, I don't know what to do. I don't feel pretty anymore, I always spent time hiking, swimming and white water rafting. Now I can only use pools that have lift chairs, I've also never been overweight before.Besides being disabled, I'm in sever pain, moody and I can not sleep. I do understand why women get implants but if I had it to do over, I don't think I would. I know your thinking I'm stupid, for saying think but I had almost a textbook figure, I did Aerobics 3 to 4 times a week and I even enjoyed it. I don't know if my implants are causing these problems, but I'm not to sexy. I'm overweight and pushing a walker and as much as I would like to meet Mr.Right, I don't feel good about my body. Can anyone help me?
I had Mentor Replicon silicone implants 19 yrs. ago & now find through records that 1 was subpectoral & the other was subglandular; & up until 1 yr. ago; after I was given a huge dose of Levaquin for what I thought was a chest cold the implants were fine & I was in good health,& now the tendons are all pulled up on one side of my chest/breast & the other they are all compressed due to the Levaquin damage, & the implants are both encapsulated & Stage 4 ruptured & hugely distorted & extremely painful. I also had Levaquin-induced Lupus for the past year & have had 'Frozen" shoulder for 6 months. Does anyone know if a surgeon takes out my old implants as I want them to & we don't put new ones back in what happens to my tendons, muscles, breast tissue left? Will it all be damaged? Will I look like some kind of freak with saggy , flat skin? I am a small size 4 5'5" in shape 48 yr. old One doc says he wants to take them out through my nipples(they are very small) & not ever put new implants back in. I don't see how this is possible without extensive nipple/breast damage. The other doc says he wants to take the old implants out under the breast crease & definitely put new ones back in & it won't matter if I go the same size(34D) or if I go smaller to a C it will be fine with no lift. Can anyone who has has this done comment or can any surgeons offer their professional advice? Thx:)
I have had implants for around 11 years now. Having them removed 4/1/10. I am so happy to be able to have them removed. I got them for the wrong reasons, the husband. I have never liked or enjoyed them. Luckily I never did have any health problems, just do not like the way I look. I am 53 years now, and want to be back to my natural self. I will be also having a lift done at the same time, and using the same surgeon who did the implants. Started I believe at a 32C - Now am a 34D I look foward to buying tops that button without going a size larger to get them around my breast. P.S. no longer have the husband.
Hi. How did the removal go for you? I have had implants for almost 6 years and hate the way they feel and would like to go back to my natural self. Just curious if you had any trouble adjusting post removal.
I am curious to hear how you like the results from the explant...I have had saline implants for 9 yrs., going from 34C ( but no volume due to weight loss) to 34DD...really too large for my frame ( 5'7, 135#). I once enjoyed shopping for stylish clothes; have the same size issues you mentioned...spend a tidy sum on alterations to avoid looking sloppy in clothing...wear 2 bras to jog... I am 54 and no longer need this..
I have had implants removed TWICE- the first time it was because they were way too big for me and were very hard- I was embarrassed to hug people- my perky A's were way more fun! Then after the removal I couldn't deal with the new feelings of inadequacy but right before the surgery day I realized that I actually liked my breasts and that they were very nice never the less I was in my early twenties and didn't get advice from anyone- had already scheduled the surgery and thought that I would lose my money. Anyway I continued in this cylce and honestly it was very hard at first but after about 2 or 3 months your breast regain some of their roundness and start to almost reform. I regret every having them and I regret replacing them- removing them was difficult but SO rewarding-I felt so much sexier to look down at my own cleavage and to feel my own soft breast. At this point I am planning on removing them for the last time but have a couple of financial obligations to take care of so I probably won't do it for a year or two- I don't want any more debt from this hang up so I am just slowly saving and reminding myself that I can have a different outcome and I will be much happier.
that sounds very like me. I got the implants after a rush decision. think back if I could be so easily persuaded into not having them done at the time but I chose not to. anyways, after 1&half years, no health problem, but want my old natural self back. It's just so out of character for me to do something like this. but now I'm worried about my breasts not be able to bounce bk...HELP.
I am in the same situation. I got my implants about 3 years ago and for the first few months I wanted them out. Then as I got use to them I really liked them. I feel really wishy washy because now I really want them out. I constantly think of all the reasons why I should not have gotten them and how much happier I would be with out them. I want to feel natural again and I dont want to constantly have to worry about future surgeries. I am concerned about how my breast will look after they are removed. I have had no health problems or anything with them. Is it a bad idea to remove them?
I had implants almost 10 years ago. I was originally a 32B and now a 32DD, not by choice. I look ridiculous. Way too big for my body frame. Did I say I'm a size 2. People are always starring trying to figure out if they are real or not. I want them removed badly. My husband says I wanted them now I'm stuck with them. Please help, I need advice, what should I do? Help!!!
Hi there, I think by the sounds of it you would be happier with the removal. I am desperate to have mine removed. I had mine done on dec 2007 and had to have revision surgery on June 2008 as they had moved together and were touching. I had my baby on 30th october this year an developed captular contracture due to mastitis that i got while breast feeding. I feel so stupid for ever getting them done and now realise having big boobs is not that important and i just want to get on with my life. I have appointment with transform in jan and going to ask to get them removed. Do you know how much it costs???
FAO CSN Did you get yours removed? I went from 34A to 34C only 3 months ago and really want mine removed but am afraid of the results!!!
Once the implants are removed from a sub-pectoral insertion, how long does it take for the muscle to mend - particularly if it was placed between muscle tissue with an alo-derm sling. Was hoping to see an answer posted.
I underwent breast augmentation in 2001 and had 350cc overfilled to 375cc, underneath the muscle. I went from an 32A cup to 32D. It was way too big- I wish I would've had better counseling on which size to get for my body frame. Well, I want to go smaller or have it removed all together, but I'm afraid of how it'll look if I don't have a replacement. My doctor said that he can remove my current implants and let my skin and muscle tighten up for a month. That way I can decide if I want to stay all natural or go back for smaller implants. He won't charge me extra for this. He also says that by doing this, it'll give my new implants (if I decide to get them) a better chance of settling into a tighter pocket and not float around and end up causing problems. It was nice having bigger breasts for a while, but I am not looking forward to the removal part. I think it's going to look really ugly at first. Oh well.... *sigh*