Mid-facelift at Yanhee Hospital Bangkok - Thailand, TH

It´s been a process, working thru the pros and...

It´s been a process, working thru the pros and cons. Strange issues about not seeing a major problem when looking in the mirror but in almost every photo.
Well, my mind is set and so is the surgery date.
I will travel alone and feel very comfortable about it, Bangkok is my "second home". My main reason for having the facelift in Thailand is privacy and the possibility of a recovery my regular life will not allow, not price of surgery.
I´ve chosen Dr. Pitch at Yanhee International Hospital and had a viral consultation based on photos so far.
Wishing you all the best with your surgery on Friday! If I may ask, how did you select your surgeon? I've noticed several positive facelift reviews for surgeons at Bumrungrad International lately. It's a shame that Thailand is too far away for me. I do like to read the reviews & experiences of others who go there though. Take care & good luck!
my experience is better to haf it dn in the US. thailand is no longer that cheap anymore. +airfare+hotel. most importantly if anything goes wrong either there or bk home. no docs want to touch us to pk up other /ameliorate other wrk
I agree with you and noticed how much the rates have increased. I do think Thailand is a great option for those who live in Australia & New Zealand - plastic surgery rates are significantly higher in those countries.

New date for surgery after blood pressure problem.

Arrived this morning and went straight to Yanhee. Filled out some papers and had my consultation with the very nice Dr. Pitch and we agreed on the procedure. I must say I was surprised: when I suggested some fillers in my forehead, he responded that he did´nt think it would do any good so it´s not all about the money. Medical exams started with a blood pressure and it was high enough to make him cancel todays surgery. My pressure was 190/140 and I have no idea why, never had any problems before. I ended up at a different part of Yanhee, Medicine department on first floor where I was layed down to rest and the nurses took my pressure every 30 minutes for four hours without any major changes. A new doctor prescribed two different medications to lower my pressure and I was told to rest. Checked in at Beyond Suites 400 meters from the hospital and will go back Sunday.
If pressure is down closer to 140/90 Dr. Pitch will perform the surgery then, if not I have a last opening for surgery on Tuesday Sept 24.
Impression of Yanhee is that it´s a big hospital with triple the amount of staff you would see in a Scandinavian/ US hospital and a department for everything. Mainly local patients, I only saw two foreigners and they were both in the plastic surgery department. Yanhee is not your posh hospital catering to rich foreigners but well organised with all signs in both Thai and English and far above a regular Thai hospital in standard.
I was very well taken care of by one of Yanhees International coordinators (Paew) and don´t see the need of using a separate company for this.

Had a massage and wonderful dinner and will have an early start tomorrow at chaotic Chatuchak weekend market. I love this city:)!
wish u safe and healthy, it could be from the stress your bp. remember to ask him how much skin was stripped off. u should know this, b
Thank you! Update above about the postponed surgery. Thailand is far away for me (around 11 hours on a direct flight) too but has been a favorite destination for over 30 years. I would´nt come here for the surgery only, the reason to have surgery in Thailand is the entire package:). It´s very difficult to select a surgeon and I chose Dr Pitch based on the fact that he did an excellent job on people I "know" thru proffessional forums, for example airline crew forums. Google searches can be and are vital but we will come across all kind of information and it´s hard to know what is true or not. It´s very easy for an angry ex-wife, bitter mistress or a competative doctor to start posting negative reviews on the internet and ruin carerrs of people. It has happened and continues to happen, there is an law suit here in Thailand in such a case at the moment. If we can get down to a person to person level in recommendations I think we are one step closer to really truthful reviews. Realself provides the best information on the internet that I have found with real people, real procedures and a lot of real photos to show for. Reviews without photos (like mine) is to be taken carefully unless an offer to share pictures privately is available.
Hi! I think you a right. If you live in the US prices are pretty much the same for simpler procedures but far from everyone on this forum is American. I live in Scandinavia, a Mid-facelift here is around 9000 USD but as I stated, the reason for me to have this done in Thailand is not the price. My life back home is extremely busy with a very public job, family life, pets and social life. The only way I can have a healthy recovery from a facelift is by leaving home the entire time. In Bangkok I can go to the convenience store with my face in a package without beeing recognized. Instead of walking my darling dog two hours a day, I can have massages and pedicures, still with my face in a package:). I don´t have to cock, clean, drive or cater for anyone elses needs in any way. THAT is recovery to me. Half getting the "job" done, half vacation. Again, regarding corrections, it is included in the fee but of course you would have to come to Thailand to have it done. To me this is not a problem as we have at least one but more often two vacations here every year, have been for close to 30 years and will continue to.
Dr. Pitch