Vertical Breast Lift and Implants - Thailand, TH

I travelled from Sydney, Australia to Phuket,...

I travelled from Sydney, Australia to Phuket, Thailand to have breast surgery. I had a breast lift and augmentation at Bangkok Hospital Phuket with Dr Pongsatorn Sanguanchua (aka Dr Jib). I paid a total of 267,800 BHT (just under $10,000 AUD). This price included;
- transfers to and from the hospital
- 2 nights accommodation in a lovely clean room and breakfast/lunch/dinner
- pre testing (heart function test, chest x-ray, breast ultrasound, mammogram, exercise stress test, blood test)
- the surgery and implants
- medication (6 different types) and post surgery anti-bacterial wash

I was treated like a princess at the hospital and did not experience any pain what so ever. The only discomfort I felt was from the drains inserted just under my breasts when I moved my body in a way that caused them to move (usually when getting in and out of bed) other then that nothing. I guess this was due to the Morphine I was hooked upto post surgery and once I was unhooked all of the medication I was taking for the following 10 days. From some of the reviews I read beforehand I was expecting a lot worse.

I have absolutely no regrets and and very happy with the outcome!

It's now 3 weeks post op and I've had no issues. I've been using Vit E oil on my scars, wearing a supportive sports bra 24/7 and massaging for 10 mins 3x a day (I try to at least) to prevent capsular contracture.

I hope my experience and photos has helped you in one way or another. I will upload more photos as time goes on to show how my scars healing.

9 days post op

Photos taken after my check-up with Dr Jib. First time I saw the new ladies. I had my stitches removed and could start wearing a sports bra (no more bandages).

9 days post op

2 weeks post op

My scars are healing nicely. No sign of infection thank god. I have been eating very healthy and drinking plenty of water to help the healing process.

3 weeks post op

At this stage, I can sleep comfortably and don't experience the random tingling sensations anymore. Im used to the implants now and it feels as if they were always there.

4 weeks post op

My implants have noticeably dropped into a more natural shape and my scars are starting to appear a bit more reddish in colour. Im looking forward to the hitting the gym tonight for the first time since my op. At this point I can only do lower body excercises but it's a start. I have felt so sluggish lately and have gained a bit of weight since the op so I'm very keen to get back into it.

Interesting article about scar remedies

Good read - http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/17/health/la-he-scars-20110417

19 weeks post op (4 months 1 week)

It's been a while since I've logged on and updated my review. So here are some recent pictures of my progress. Scars are still healing and reddish in colour. I find its more noticible after a hot shower (I took these pictures right after my shower). I'm back into the gym and don't feel any different - only when doing weights using my chest muscles. I stick with light weights only. Other then that, I can say the implants have settled in nicely and it's as if they were always there :)

19 weeks post op

Close up photos of my breast lift scars. They are looking better with time. Hopefully soon the redness will disappear and only a white line will be visible. From what I have read, it can take between 6-12 months for a scar to fully mature. All I can do is wait patiently :)
Dr Pongsatorn aka Dr Jib

Thank you so much for your photos and updates. I'm booked in for the same surgery in Thailand in Sept. I have also done a lot of research and the reviews have been amazing. Top surgeons, treated like a royal, a holiday and for less than in Australia. After seeing your pics I now can't wait! You have healed up so well. X x
Hi Trae, that's great! He really is a good surgeon. My best advice is to keep healthy and get as fit as you possibly can. It will help you majorly during recovery. All the best!
Hi Aussiegal. I'm am the healthiest and fittest I've been in my whole life. I've lost almost 20 kilos now and can't wait to fix up the girls and complete the transformation :-)
im also wondering whats the best implant?
It's a personal preference.
hey ladies, would be wonderful if you can't help, I'm also getting a breast augmentation with Dr Jib.. iv heard wonderful things and red lost of good reviews, I'm jus wonder if anyone here was a natural C cup... I'm wanting to go 375cc (DD cup) but I'm not sure is it would be to big for my body.. I'm a fit size 8/10 and have lots of curves.. do you think that would be to much?? i don't wanted to look like every other Gold Coast girl :)
I seriously viewed over thousands of before and after photos to get an idea of what size I wanted. When you have your consultation with Dj Jib he will give you a recommendation. He also put a sports bra on me and placed the implants in the bra so I could get an idea of the size.
i am a 14DD and would like a lift but without implants as i don't want to go bigger if anything wouldn't mind being a cup size smaller, i have had 2 quotes one from Dr Jib he recommends lift with implant around $9000 Bangkok Hospital Phuket, the other quote from Dr Teerasut lift only $4400 Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, now i'm not sure what to do as Dr Jib recommends implants. confused
I originally wanted just the lift too but when I looked into it a bit more a view thousands of before & after photo's a realised the implant gives the breast a lot more shape/perkiness. I guess it's a personal preference at the end of the day. My best advice would be to do as much research as possible and look at before and after photo's to get an idea of what kind of result you want.
looks incredible
Hey Aussiegal03! Ive got a super strange question for you aha. Does your nipple get hard at all ?? and do you have feeling in it? Thanks :)
Hi Amy Jane, I accepted that there was a risk of loosing sensation in both nipples permanently from the surgery. At first I lost feeling in both and after a while I got the feeling back in 1. I can say now (6 months post op) that I have the feeling back in both nipples and yes they do go hard when cold or intimate.
Very nice
Amazing look! How many CC ?
Thank you. I had 325cc in one & 350cc in the other that was a bit smaller.
WOWZERS!!! He did a FABULOUS job on you!! I just can't believe the price tho!!! :/ That's the whole point of going over there, great work without the high pay!! For that, I can stay stateside!!! You look great, & healed wonderfully!
haha 10 grand for a lift in australia, ur dreaming! much less a lift and implants. AND they were going to doing my surgeries separately over here - i was looking at ATLEAST 23 grand. Believe me, she saved a LOT of money.
Thanks Mz Coca Cola - Crystalbella is right.. Australia is one big rip off. I did a good years re-search and had a few consultations here before I made the decision to go to Thailand. I saved $9,000, had a holiday at the same time and stayed 2 nights in hospital were they treated me with so much care. I would have never got that treatment in Australia. Well worth the money spent. No regrets :)
Wow you look amazing. The doctor done a great job. May i ask what type of implant you got? And are they placed under or over the muscle? Also if you could update with some pictures, i would really love to see how you are doing. x
Hello, thank you :) I have Silicone Mentor implants. They are placed behind the muscle. Sorry for my delayed response - I have updated my review. Hope this helps you.
hi ur result is amazing...can i ask u is $9500 including the flight and accomdation or just for the surgery? thank u
Hi it's just for the surgery as I have booked myself :)
Thanks manager ,,,did u book as well with the same agency restored beauty ?
Yes I did I booked my own flights and accommodation and booked surgery through them theres no booking fee aswell :)
Sorry I booked through destination beauty :)