Not Worth Cost - Texas

You need to have a high pain tolerance for this...

You need to have a high pain tolerance for this procedure. Even with a painkiller you feel the application sending little needles deep into your face. After two months I see maybe some subtle tightening in neck and perhaps little more puffiness around jaw line but I can't say it's worth the price.

No one should give a thumbs up or a thumbs down to...

No one should give a thumbs up or a thumbs down to this procedure until at least 2 months have gone by. The makers do not promise immediate results and giving the treatment positive reviews after a few days is just misleading.

After more than a year, I feel I can confidently...

After more than a year, I feel I can confidently say any benefits from this procedure are marginal at best and clearly not worth the cost and pain involved. It's way too expensive relative to results.
Haresh Yalamanchili

He was very conscientious, any issues were with the technology.

I had ultherapy as a follow up to lipo under my chin. I was hoping for big things but even my doctor agrees - we didn't see any results after 3+ months. His spin on my experience - is that it may delay the aging process going forward. As self-serving as his comment was - I'm holding on to it so I don't kick myself for wasting the money. I'm going to up my yoga practice, invest in travel - and vow not to worry about the mirror as much!~

Didn't work for me either. Consider yourself lucky that it simply didn't work. Some people have suffered side effects.
Don't have any pics, 40's here. Since any initial improvements are just swelling you have to discount all those reviews and focus on results after more than 3 months.No pain ,no gain does not apply to this procedure.
Monroe, thank you for your advice -- so sorry it didn't work. Such wide disparity in the comments on ultherapy (I ignore the percentage that say it's worth it because the very first thing you learn in statistics courses is that statistics lie.) I am wondering....what is yr age and if you had pics to compare? Since it is hard to judge ourselves, at least for me! Is there literally NO improvement? How odd...
I never went back to the doctor to see my 'after' shots because I KNOW that there was NO improvement at all. I am 60, good skin tone, no fine wrinkles, just beginning to show signs of sagging along jaw line - a perfect candidate according my doctor. I did take my own pictures with my own camera and believe me, no difference. I am not so sure that my situation is 'odd' - seems like many on this board are having same results. I started to do facial exercise on my neck and I see more of an improvement in 4 weeks than Ulthera. Don't waste your money.
Jump_5, I'm with you. No improvement after 6 weeks and wondering what all the hype is about.
monroe7702, I am dying to fix my saggy, long, thin, face, but I don't want to pay a lot for a lot of hype with no real improvement from ultherapy. How is yours going? Any better results yet?
I just posted my final decision post and NO, it's a thumbs down - NOT WORTH IT!
I think there are many posts on this board from people who have something to gain by writing positive comments. It's a big waste! Sorry to be so blunt, but I did have high hopes for this one. I am disappointed.
so sorry! Have you seen how many different answers here? Why so many differences in the results? That is TOO MUCH MONEY to be worth such unsure results, and I think the ulthera manufacturers owe their customers better satisfaction, don't you? I wish I were a lawyer, man.

Hi nadia,

Unfortunately, like any procedure, it's going to effect everyone differently. As you have noticed some people are extremely happy with Ultherapy and others it does not work on. It also depends on the experience of the doctor, so as the community often says "do your research," which is what you are doing which is great. You also might want to check out some info from Ulthera about pain and the procedure overall. Please let us know what you decide.

Thanks,

-Britt

hi brittB, yes, I agree it has different effects as with any procedure, of course. Mayb that's why some get lumps and others have fantastic results with sculptra? Who knows....I read on a doctor's site discussing ulthera and whether or not it was worth it that none of them seemed to think it was, that very very few patients (a certain, fatter facial type, I think it was) benefited. The only person on there who seemed to think it was worth it was.....a guy who sold the ultherapy device to a doctor in VA, and it was ONLY this guy who seemed to promote it! As far as pain, I have quite good pain tolerance, as many docs have told me....and there is NO WAY someone would think this doesn't hurt! That is ridiculous. You are injuring skin and therefore it does hurt. However, if it were worth it, the pain shouldn't be a problem for anyone since nerve blocks and pain treatments are available. Hell, if it worked, I would even do it without painkillers!!! haha
Maybe. The general consensus I've heard is 2-3 months. You definitely feel tautness over the first week or so which accounts for some of the early positive reviews but that fades pretty quickly. If I feel like things are better after 6, I will let you now. It's a lot of money to spend.

I imagine, and not having instant results for the money is never fun. Yes, please do let us know how everything goes.

Thanks,

Hi jump,

Welcome to the Ulthera community! Well, I checked in our doctor Q&A and found the question, How long does Ulthera take to see results? Many doctors responded with 3-6 months. Since you are at 2 maybe you will notice a change in the next few. Other community members have said that they noticed very subtle changes everyday over the course of many months. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,